Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Mansell was good. Loved his aggression and saw him step into much bigger blokes faces when he needed to. Not bad for a 3-gamer.

Mansell has the potential to be a fully blown psycho cult figure.

back on topic, Brisbane has the best lifestyle of any city in Australia easily.

middle of August, your in 15 year old board shorts with oil stains, and bare feet,

and they don't have any bra shops or internet

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I love his physicality, is already a Richmond man. I'll have to check, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was born in Richmond............Richmond Tasmania.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I liked his game, and yes he did beat Pickett, but I was fuming about the goal he gifted him. That was stupid and I felt ill disciplined. The look on Dimma’s face in the box said he thought the same thing. I think the word discipline may be mentioned to him during the week. If he’d played that smart he may have gifted us a goal instead of the other way around.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon K.Pickett may be elite,

in the *smile* stirrer category?

I reckon $hai Bolton was ready to bounce around on the ball of hes feet, all jangly,

and snap a few jabs at someones mouth

M.Pickett appeared to be in a knot of a conundrum; between pulling Mansell off and going ' relax, he's my Neph'

or throwing a few?

I'm surely speculating wildly and out of turn, but there seemed a bit in it.

coulda been some family stuff?

Reactions: 1 user
Mansell has the potential to be a fully blown psycho cult figure.
About time we had a decent young fan favourite stalking the opposition. We're definitely gunna have to set up a very deep go fund me page for him though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I liked his game, and yes he did beat Pickett, but I was fuming about the goal he gifted him. That was stupid and I felt ill disciplined. The look on Dimma’s face in the box said he thought the same thing. I think the word discipline may be mentioned to him during the week. If he’d played that smart he may have gifted us a goal instead of the other way around.
Hear what your saying CTT , however when a game has already been decided I don’t mind a young bloke showing he takes no crap, makes the precious little forwards think about it going forward and if there thinking about him there not thinking about the ball, key is not to get sucked in regularly , just have the controlled aggression, Grimes is the best in the business at it imho

About time we had a decent young fan favourite stalking the opposition. We're definitely gunna have to set up a very deep go fund me page for him though.

yeah, he has the potential to test David Rhys-Jones record.

of course, there is no place in modern football for that sort of ill-discipline,

but any of us who says they don't want a psycho with a hair trigger in the backline,

is letting down themselves, their teammates, and their family.

Reactions: 4 users
Hear what your saying CTT , however when a game has already been decided I don’t mind a young bloke showing he takes no crap, makes the precious little forwards think about it going forward and if there thinking about him there not thinking about the ball, key is not to get sucked in regularly , just have the controlled aggression, Grimes is the best in the business at it imho
Just makes me worry that if he does it then, will he do it in a more important moment? Besides it did nothing, other than show us up as frustrated and lacking discipline.

Reactions: 1 users
Just makes me worry that if he does it then, will he do it in a more important moment? Besides it did nothing, other than show us up as frustrated and lacking discipline.
fair Points , I just like a kid to have that natural aggresion , as he matures he “should” be able to control it, however you can’t put that *smile* into a kid, they either have it or they don’t ........lots of long chats with Grimes and Murray

Reactions: 3 users
fair Points , I just like a kid to have that natural aggresion , as he matures he “should” be able to control it, however you can’t put that *smile* into a kid, they either have it or they don’t ........lots of long chats with Grimes and Murray
Do like aggression, but he needs to learn to control it. Otherwise he just looks stupid and gets known for cheap shots. Maybe spend some time with Marlion learning how to hurt guys fairly. If he’d put a Marlion style tackle on Pickett he probably would have broken him.

Mansell was good. Loved his aggression and saw him step into much bigger blokes faces when he needed to. Not bad for a 3-gamer. Should have been rewarded with a free kick for the first contact from Pickett - Blocking. And if not that, should have had a free kick from when Pickett charged him after kicking the goal. What I liked was that he didn't take a backward step at all. He is giving me some Dan Jackson and Jake King vibes with his attitude. Loving it.

This is the point though isn't it?

The bloody umpires are too stupid to see the first incident, don't prevent the second incident and the player who reacts gets penalised. It really is not good enough for those officiating a professional sport.

The barny should never have happened as the first incident should result in a free kick.

Yes, Mansell does need to learn some discipline, but it is a discipline you learn after seeing incompetence from umpires in these situations game after game. How many incidents like this end up leading to a free kick against the player who reacts to provocation which should have been penalised?

The umpires need to learn some bloody discipline and penalise the initial incident.

DS

The bloody umpires are too stupid to see the first incident, don't prevent the second incident and the player who reacts gets penalised. It really is not good enough for those officiating a professional sport.

The barny should never have happened as the first incident should result in a free kick.

Yes, Mansell does need to learn some discipline, but it is a discipline you learn after seeing incompetence from umpires in these situations game after game. How many incidents like this end up leading to a free kick against the player who reacts to provocation which should have been penalised?

The umpires need to learn some bloody discipline and penalise the initial incident.

DS

the whole kick-the-goal-and-run-up-and-shove-someone

really *smile* me off, even when richmond players do it.

If im being honest,

I actually really wanted Oliver to kick the 2nd goal and do the run and shove again and Mansell to knock him out with a straight left and break into the best brawl in 20 years.

*smile* Melbourne

Last edited:
  • Haha

Yep that should have been a free to us. Kosi just looks like a little smartarse. But Nigel handled it poorly. He shouldn’t have grabbed him. He should have just taken the bump and forced the moron umpire to pay us a free in the centre of the ground.

Or if he was going to retaliate he should have just landed a straight left jab on the end of Kosi’s nose and dropped the little smartarse on his tail. Nigel would have copped 3 or 4 weeks but it would have been worth it. Nothing *smile* me more than smartarse footballers who do what Kosi did last night; milking and cheating for free kicks. Completely unnecessary and makes them look like dickheads. Kosi may be a good player but I don’t like him as a footballer.

This the sort of thing Lynch was chastised for all year last year. Why is Kosi not copping the same heat?

Reactions: 3 users
Yep that should have been a free to us. Kosi just looks like a little smartarse. But Nigel handled it poorly. He shouldn’t have grabbed him. He should have just taken the bump and forced the moron umpire to pay us a free in the centre of the ground.

Or if he was going to retaliate he should have just landed a straight left jab on the end of Kosi’s nose and dropped the little smartarse on his tail. Nigel would have copped 3 or 4 weeks but it would have been worth it. Nothing *smile* me more than smartarse footballers who do what Kosi did last night; milking and cheating for free kicks. Completely unnecessary and makes them look like dickheads. Kosi may be a good player but I don’t like him as a footballer.

This the sort of thing Lynch was chastised for all year last year. Why is Kosi not copping the same heat?

agree. I really want to like K.Pickett.

but I got off to a really bad start last night

DS
100%, TripleS!

(He won the wrestles though :gotiges)

Gonna need a contract bump to pay for all his fines!

If im being honest,

I actually really wanted Oliver to kick the 2nd goal and do the run and shove again and Mansell to knock him out with a straight left and break into the best brawl in 20 years.

*smile* Melbourne
Bolton wanting to belt Viney was my highlight of the blue. Hope he reminded him of the Stack hit.

• Haha
Do like aggression, but he needs to learn to control it. Otherwise he just looks stupid and gets known for cheap shots. Maybe spend some time with Marlion learning how to hurt guys fairly. If he’d put a Marlion style tackle on Pickett he probably would have broken him.
Or Edwards. Best at executing a fair hip and shoulder in the game. His hit on Oliver (while a little late) was text book.

Don't disagree, but ask yourself - why do they do it?

Yes it has some ego factor especially for alpha males, but they do it because they know they will not be penalised. If they shove a defender and the defender drops like a sack of potatoes the defender gets criticised for diving. A bit of push and shove has always been allowed but if you shove a defender after kicking a goal, then cop some sort of response it should just be no free kick - you asked for it you cop it.

DS

Or Edwards. Best at executing a fair hip and shoulder in the game.

Edwards is amazing. His timing is superb. Always seems to get guys when they are most prone.

Which I guess is why he doesn’t need a lot of force and does it fairly. Unlike a lot of guys, he doesn’t rely on going hard to get the hit through. He just timed it so there is no defence, and he clearly hurts than.