Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
2 goals and 2 goal assists. Hard to argue against the value of his game this week.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
13 disposals, 2 goals, 2 goal assists, 7 score involvements. You'd take that every week.

Only 5 pressure acts, 2 tackles and 2 ground ball gets (1 inside 50.) There's your RFI.

Reactions: 7 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I’m also a little surprised at how little praise there’s been for his game. Much improved on the week previous. Needs continuity because there’s a bit there to like IMO.
I praised it to buggery. Got us going in the second Q. He's no star, thats not up for debate, but he's a power runner, provides grunt, and takes the game on. If you're gunna have bums in the side, and even good sides have one or two, he's the sort of bum you want.

(I'm a fan. I'm just using the term 'bum' for laughs, and to make a point, but it does apply to a certain extent. Happy to have him for where our list is at right now, whether it ends up being 70 or 80 games as a scaffolding player, or if he improves in some areas and plays 150.)

Last edited:

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
He IS a bum, but if you’re gonna play bums, make sure they’re fast, tough and tireless.

Mansell brings that trifecta at the very least and that’s why he plays.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He IS a bum, but if you’re gonna play bums, make sure they’re fast, tough and tireless.

Mansell brings that trifecta at the very least and that’s why he plays.
I don't mean to get all Yoda or Hegel, but if he's fast, tough and tireless, and kicks a goal a game, while no star, he isn't actually a bum, right?

Reactions: 9 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
There was a 25 mt sprint for the ball between Mansell and Boak I thought Mansell would burn him off but he was no faster than a 250 game veteran so calling him fast is

a stretch.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
The Balta goal in the 2nd quarter is due to the Seth Campbell and Rhyan pressure and the Seth's pass. No stats to Rhyan but he helped force the turnover due to pressure.

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I praised it to buggery. Got us going in the second Q. He's no star, thats not up for debate, but he's a power runner, provides grunt, and takes the game on. If you're gunna have bums in the side, and even good sides have one or two, he's the sort of bum you want.

(I'm a fan. I'm just using the term 'bum' for laughs, and to make a point, but it does apply to a certain extent. Happy to have him for where our list is at right now, whether it ends up being 70 or 80 games as a scaffolding player, or if he improves in some areas and plays 150.)
Thought he had a ripper, was basically playing CHF in the second quarter.
Surprised with his marking a couple of times.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I don't mean to get all Yoda or Hegel, but if he's fast, tough and tireless, and kicks a goal a game, while no star, he isn't actually a bum, right?
Well, there’s the not-insignificant matter of skill ha ha but yes you have a point

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Immense. How does he keep getting a game, the haters ask? Because he works his arse off, does all the team things, never shirks it, never gives up, runs his guts out, uses the ball pretty well, plays to instruction and contributes to the scoreboard. 18 disposals, 1 goal, 3 goal assists (most in the game), 8 score involvements (equal 3rd), 438 metres gained (11th) and 6 tackles (equal 2nd). Huge game.

• Love
Reactions: 31 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
This was such an important win for several of our players, Spooker.

Mansell another one who discovers belief, golden belief, in a single afternoon.

What a feeling to find out you belong.

Reactions: 12 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
This was such an important win for several of our players, Spooker.

Mansell another one who discovers belief, golden belief, in a single afternoon.

What a feeling to find out you belong.
that's why that win is enormous.. for Mansell and the other kids...

'you will lose, you will lose' ... ah *smile* it, let's win ...

Reactions: 5 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He pushed his game to another level today. Great all round game, offensively and defensively.
He‘s gaining more self confidence by the week. Learning his role, what’s expected of him but raises the bar on his own performance.
He won’t always get it right! But he won’t die wondering! Still gives his all.
Well done