Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Why the *smile* was he selected in the first place?
I don’t *smile* care if hes the best performed in pre season training it means jack *smile* when the heats on
What I saw the same old Mansell we’ve seen before offers absolutely nothing as a forward
He had an opportunity from about 3mtrs out on angle to kick a crucial goal
What did he do tried to run around and kicked a behind A real momentum killer
Mansell isn’t a forward he’s probably not even AFL standard
Not his fault he’s selected Stop *smile* selecting him

Reactions: 1 users
Just a battler.

In a team full of them, we don’t need another one.

Kid has heart and bravery but we need more and he doesn’t have it.

Reactions: 5 users
Was a shocker of a kick by Melee but I can't believe how many Richmond supporters have unfairly pinned the loss on him.
Shai's early misses for example at least as bad.
So many errors in a game of footy make up the result.
Mansell plays again next week for mine.

Reactions: 13 users
At best he might kick 2 goals and lay a couple of tackles in a game..Yet at best Cumberland is the one small foward we have who has and can cut loose and kick 4 and 5 goals in a game ..
And yet Cumberland cant get a descent look in

Reactions: 1 user
He’s like a lot of our younger players that have been in the system for a few years now. Bog average.

At best he might kick 2 goals and lay a couple of tackles in a game..Yet at best Cumberland is the one small foward we have who has and can cut loose and kick 4 and 5 goals in a game ..
And yet Cumberland cant get a descent look in
Doesn’t tackle as well as Mansell and body language not a good

Doesn’t tackle as well as Mansell and body language not a good
I dont buy into this cumbo having bad body language narrative.I saw a very passionate kid being hard on himself .Bad body language is Boltons casuale " whatever" smiles when he stuffs up..Id take Cumbos potential 3 to 5 goals over whatever 1 or 2 tackle a game and maybe 1 goap mansell and mj bring

Was a shocker of a kick by Melee but I can't believe how many Richmond supporters have unfairly pinned the loss on him.
oh I'm not pinning the loss on him. Plenty of other screw ups from others during the game.

I just think for what he offers, we need more. I love his heart. Players who slog their guts out for the jumper and get the most from the abilities
will always have my respect. I wish I could be them in a way. But as a club, we need improvement on almost every line. Unfortunately this guy is
one of those who needs to make way.

Reactions: 2 users
I dont buy into this cumbo having bad body language narrative.I saw a very passionate kid being hard on himself .Bad body language is Boltons casuale " whatever" smiles when he stuffs up..Id take Cumbos potential 3 to 5 goals over whatever 1 or 2 tackle a game and maybe 1 goap mansell and mj bring
Agree wholeheartedly

He's certainly demonstrative and wears his heart on his sleeve. What happened to embracing our imperfections?

In the VFL game yesterday he seemed to be in a perpetually frustrated and angry state, as much of what he tried didn't come off (sometimes comically so). However, he never stopped trying and worked hard in defence, laying one particularly great run down tackle.

He is one of a very small number of players on our list who is dynamic and poses a constant threat inside 50.

Mansell did a few good things last night. and yeah he missed a goal.

A few others did a few good things last night. and yeah, missed goals.

Reactions: 1 user
Mansell was the only one to miss from 3 metres. Not blaming him for the loss but am for rushing his shot. Cannot miss from there. Coach-killer.

Reactions: 7 users
The forward line needs to be offensively dangerous in all positions and with Mansell & Maurice, it just isn’t.

With Clarke & Cumberland, it’s more dangerous. How many other blokes have we got at VFL level that have kicked 5 at AFL level? Not many, especially young players that need a go.

Reactions: 4 users
Agree oldie. Coaches would have liked that he put himself in the position to kick the goal. There are others playing VFL ATM who will get there chance in our forward line this year but I doubt Mansell gets dropped for missing a goal. He'll play next week.

Yeh, it was our clangers and the twerps that dictated the result.

We made some horrendous blunders, both in defence and late in the 3rd when we completely botched goal scoring opportunities in our forward line. The Mansell miss was just dumb all round by him - why the hell didn't he take his time given it was 29min and change, then to snap without really being set or lining up correctly...

Yeh, it was our clangers and the twerps that dictated the result.

We made some horrendous blunders, both in defence and late in the 3rd when we completely botched goal scoring opportunities in our forward line. The Mansell miss was just dumb all round by him - why the hell didn't he take his time given it was 29min and change, then to snap without really being set or lining up correctly...
If he kicks that I reckon we win the game. Barely 5 metres out too. Geez.

If he kicks that I reckon we win the game. Barely 5 metres out too. Geez.
It's easy to pin the loss on one moment, but Lynch really needs to kick the set shot at the start of the 4th too (I know he would have been gassed). Would have put us 14 up.

Also Carlton would have been playing much more attacking footy had they been chasing at the end so the whole game changes anyway. Can't blame early misses for a loss