Rich V Carl - Team Selection | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rich V Carl - Team Selection

Blues are horsing around playing two debutants. I'll spew up if afterwards we get "they were overawed and that's OK" if we get done. The time for excuses is over.

No Pittonet also hurts. A beanpole (De Koning) in the ruck coupled with a slow, one-paced midfield - who gives a rats if we have McKay/Curnow up forward? Get torched in the midfield and she's all over, which is a very real prospect.

Tigers by 22.

Why are the blues going in with only 1 ruck? going for more speed?

No Cumberland your kidding me was our best small forward back half of the year Mansell instead no sense at all even Clarke who was good preseason. I hope we're not getting to cute with our selection.

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon Jacky G late out for one of the EMGs. Barely played pre-season games.
Very surprised. Looked underdone to me at training this week. Clarke very unlucky.

Pretty risky (and somewhat stodgy) looking team to me.

Providing there’s not multiple breakdowns, still should be good enough, however.

Reactions: 1 users
Very surprised. Looked underdone to me at training this week. Clarke very unlucky.

Pretty risky (and somewhat stodgy) looking team to me.

Providing there’s not multiple breakdowns, still should be good enough, however.
Same here. Looks like Stig could be right as Cumbo's named in the 2nds team.

Cumberland not even emg is really odd - definitely think something has happened behind the scenes.
Is this Dimma's way of saying "ya no walk up start sonny boy"? Maybe a bit of a rocket?
(Probably pick up the paper tomorrow and find he's done himself a mischief getting outta the shower!)

A bit surprised that Prestia, Marlion, Graham and Short have all been named, seems a bit risky.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Leaving Cumberland out is a mistake to me. Young player who can score. Mansell not AFL level - poor selection.

Shouldn’t have picked Graham off no pre-season either. Hope I’m proved wrong. Season 43 watching live for me since moving over from Tassie as a 14-year-old.

Reactions: 4 users
A bit surprised that Prestia, Marlion, Graham and Short have all be named, seems a bit risky.
Desperation after the two uninspiring praccie games.

Pittonet missing might help the Blues if they opt for more run with Junior SOS having a jump at it in the ruck to assist De Koning.

For me this is about the best 1st round selected side for awhile.It has balance.versatility'and enough to cane the Blues into submission.Look forward to be on top of the ladder Thursday night.

Reactions: 3 users