Rich V Carl - Team Selection | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rich V Carl - Team Selection

Our single biggest issue last year was selection.

Seems there's still a glitch in the algorithm.

Yet again, we've chosen to go with a low skilled pressure forward instead of a footballer.

It hasn't worked for 3 years.

Something goes wrong in Hardwick's brain during offseason every year.

Reactions: 3 users
go with what the MC have put up. Mansell not a surprise there’s been some noise around him playing. the emergencies look good.. could be any of them as sub

Funny old side. Shai will do the biz v that green and slow Blues back 6. Nank has always struggled v super athletic ultra talls so that's a worry. Really really dunno what we are gonna look like.

Our single biggest issue last year was selection.

Seems there's still a glitch in the algorithm.

Yet again, we've chosen to go with a low skilled pressure forward instead of a footballer.

It hasn't worked for 3 years.

Something goes wrong in Hardwick's brain during offseason every year.
Yep he ballsed it up last year early and middle of year, now over-compensating and throwing out Cumberland for team balance? Also J Clarke and Ross ahead of Mansell. Graham.??

Round 1 is often a really hard one to read - Hardwick giving his senior players first crack but I reckon his fuse will be short - if they don’t deliver then Hardwick will quickly turn to his younger players.

I honestly think this is a 50 : 50 game.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep he ballsed it up last year early and middle of year, now over-compensating and throwing out Cumberland for team balance? Also J Clarke and Ross ahead of Mansell. Graham.??
Mansell wasn’t in team late last year and did Jack in the praccies, so it’s based on training and a hunch? It won’t last

Starting 18 all premiership players with the exception of two prized mature age recruits. The two on the bench go okay too.

Pretty good I reckon.

Reactions: 5 users
Doesn’t send a great message to players that have completed a near flawless pre season being bypassed over players like Graham who has done barely anything.
Ross should consider himself a bit hard done by.
Judson Clarke has shown plenty but may still be considered under developed.
Ralphsmith might also feel the same about Pickett’s selection.
Although I’m not a huge wrap for Mansell, I like the idea that he’s been rewarded for having a great preseason.

Blues are horsing around playing two debutants. I'll spew up if afterwards we get "they were overawed and that's OK" if we get done. The time for excuses is over.

No Pittonet also hurts. A beanpole (De Koning) in the ruck coupled with a slow, one-paced midfield - who gives a rats if we have McKay/Curnow up forward? Get torched in the midfield and she's all over, which is a very real prospect.

Tigers by 22.
Are you sure you are not a Richmond supporter? You fit in very well around here.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The other team we are up against:

Umpires
Hayden Gavine (in 2022 umpired us in the R1 loss to Carlton, R15 loss to Geelong, r19 draw with Freo)
Alex Whetton (R7 win over WC, R8 win over Pies)
Simon Meredith (R5 loss to Adel, R8 win over Pies, R10 win over Druggies, EF loss to Bris)
Andre Gianfagna (R8 win over Pies, R22 win over Hawks).

Just hoping for some consistency. We can run riot with TBR away. :D

• Haha
Mansell wasn’t in team late last year and did Jack in the praccies, so it’s based on training and a hunch? It won’t last
I dare say they have a defensive forward job in store for him on Docherty or Newman.

Reactions: 2 users
On paper it’s a very strong team.

The concern is how we manage a fair few underdone players.

Interesting selection by Carlton going in with one ruck.

Reactions: 1 user
Funny old side. Shai will do the biz v that green and slow Blues back 6. Nank has always struggled v super athletic ultra talls so that's a worry. Really really dunno what we are gonna look like.
Fortunately we have the emerging second ruck of Miller and if by going by late last season he should be a more than able back up

Reactions: 1 user
On paper it’s a very strong team.

The concern is how we manage a fair few underdone players.

Interesting selection by Carlton going in with one ruck.
They gonna go with Silvagni (the enforcer) in the ruck with SDK and put an extra runner out there.

With our side carrying what 4 or 5 underdone blokes it might not be a bad move for the Baggers going with the extra runner.

Last edited: