Richmond Academy zone prospect | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Academy zone prospect

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just an article on future academy players one of which, DANG, we should get first dibs on if he progresses to 2018 draft?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-adds-african-players-to-academy-to-fasttrack-development-20160911-grdqic.html

"Dang, from the Murray Bushrangers, and Khamis, from the Western Jets, will be eligible to join Richmond and the Western Bulldogs' "Next Generation" academies respectively. If those clubs aid their player's development sufficiently, they will be approved to receive draft concessions similar to those available to clubs in NSW and Queensland, in accordance with rules rolled out by the AFL when they unveiled the academies early this year".

"Tall prospect Ajak Dang has been included in the level one group, which is for players hoping to be picked by clubs at the 2018 draft. The 191cm Murray Bushrangers teenager has shown some exciting signs at under-16 level this season]".

Over 190cm which is nice!

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
caesar said:
Just an article on future academy players one of which, DANG, we should get first dibs on if he progresses to 2018 draft?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-adds-african-players-to-academy-to-fasttrack-development-20160911-grdqic.html

"Dang, from the Murray Bushrangers, and Khamis, from the Western Jets, will be eligible to join Richmond and the Western Bulldogs' "Next Generation" academies respectively. If those clubs aid their player's development sufficiently, they will be approved to receive draft concessions similar to those available to clubs in NSW and Queensland, in accordance with rules rolled out by the AFL when they unveiled the academies early this year".

"Tall prospect Ajak Dang has been included in the level one group, which is for players hoping to be picked by clubs at the 2018 draft. The 191cm Murray Bushrangers teenager has shown some exciting signs at under-16 level this season]".

Over 190cm which is nice!

who determines this ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
taztiger4 said:
who determines this ?
Good point, if it is dependent on Richmond developing him then we are stuffed, when have we developed anyone ???

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
caesar said:
Good point, if it is dependent on Richmond developing him then we are stuffed, when have we developed anyone ???
Clayton Oliver, polished him up so much Smelbourne jumped all over him at their first opportunity.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
TigerMasochist said:
Clayton Oliver, polished him up so much Smelbourne jumped all over him at their first opportunity.
Hey TigerMasichist, am having a Pauline Hanson moment, PLEASE EXPLAIN?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
caesar said:
Hey TigerMasichist, am having a Pauline Hanson moment, PLEASE EXPLAIN?
At under 18 level he came down from Shepp area to train with us n play a couple of ressies games as the twenty third man, far as I'm concerned we helped develop n polish him before the draft same as we've done for Kyle Kirby this year. Should both have been first refusal options for us.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
TigerMasochist said:
At under 18 level he came down from Shepp area to train with us n play a couple of ressies games as the twenty third man, far as I'm concerned we helped develop n polish him before the draft same as we've done for Kyle Kirby this year. Should both have been first refusal options for us.
Sweet thanks for the clarification.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I'm not sure if this is right thread.

Saw that Kilby plus another couple Indeginous boys have been selected as Category B selections.

Looks good the kid Kilby. Can mark and kick well. Goal kicker. Rookie .

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Seems like a gun. Just needs to be overlooked by 100 draft and rookie picks or so and he's ours.

Bowerpower

God Save anything yellow and black
Jun 2, 2004
We should have told Kirby to lie low instead of shinning a light on him for the rest of the clubs to see :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I thought he is ours though?

First dibs or have I read it wrong.

Wasn't Soldo Category B too and we had first dibs?

Just confused with all these different rules!!

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Waiting they have the opportunity to be drafted before we can access them, we can draft them but we do not get any leg up to make it happen this year.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
waiting said:
I thought he is ours though?

First dibs or have I read it wrong.

Wasn't Soldo Category B too and we had first dibs?

Just confused with all these different rules!!

He's ours if no one else wants him. No one wanted Soldo.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Kirby's beep was around the 11 mark in TAC testing, that pushes him to a late/rookie pick. To put that in perspective, Clem Smith ran something similar and has now been delisted.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but why GWS get priority access to their academy players but other clubs have to wait if they're passed over 100 times before getting "priority" access?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
tigertim said:
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but why GWS get priority access to their academy players but other clubs have to wait if they're passed over 100 times before getting "priority" access?
Read animal farm.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Giardiasis said:
Read animal farm.
Yeah, I get ya ...but there must a "genuine" AFL reason however pathetic it may seem.

Is it simply just "GWS need it more because NSW is a non traditional AFL state"?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
tigertim said:
Yeah, I get ya ...but there must a "genuine" AFL reason however pathetic it may seem.

Is it simply just "GWS need it more because NSW is a non traditional AFL state"?
It's because the AFL can never ever let anyone think they were wrong about anything.