Richmond and the VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond and the VFL

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Ian4 said:
i'm absolutely over the moon that the coburg relationship is over (ironic considering i now live there). not sure how the VFL draw works, but the club must do everything in their power to ensure as many VFL home games as possible are played as a curtain raiser at PRO prior to MCG home games.

That would be insane.Watch the ressies before the seniors.This can only be a massive plus for us moving forward.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
i'm absolutely over the moon that the coburg relationship is over (ironic considering i now live there). not sure how the VFL draw works, but the club must do everything in their power to ensure as many VFL home games as possible are played as a curtain raiser at PRO prior to MCG home games.

I like the idea as an adult, but the fun and enjoyment the kids get put of Before the Pounce means it would bead shame to have BTP stopped.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
I am disappointed games will be delayed at PRO, as it sounds that way. However it sounds like Gale is placing us on a positive trajectory and is considering all avenues. If the games are delayed because we could get a sponsor instead of forking out the money from club coffers I am happy with that and will be patient. The last thing we need is another FTF or SOS because of poor money management.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
very disappointing, although i geuss if it's only delayed by 1 year, it's not gonna hurt that much. as a previous poster said, perhaps a couple of the games can be played at the MCG until PRO is ready.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Ian4 said:
very disappointing, although i geuss if it's only delayed by 1 year, it's not gonna hurt that much. as a previous poster said, perhaps a couple of the games can be played at the MCG until PRO is ready.

We can only assume it's been delayed by a year. It would be great if the club could share its master plan with us.

In the Blood

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 22, 2007
Another $2 mil over three years from Jeep and "Jeep Oval" could be up and running fairly quickly.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
To those that know,how do the facilities at Coburg & Vic Park compare to Punt Road?

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
MB78 said:
We can only assume it's been delayed by a year. It would be great if the club could share its master plan with us.

RFC_Official said it will all be revealed in November.

Benny Gale said they have "a few irons in the fire" in regards to funding it, but I`m guessing it will be revealed in November because the AFL financial year ends on October 31, and starts on November 1st, therefore the budget for next year will be done after November 1st.

They probably already have quotes and timelines from builders.

I wouldn`t mind betting it will all be up and running for next season.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
michael roach said:

Benny Gale said they have "a few irons in the fire" in regards to funding it, but I`m guessing it will be revealed in November because the AFL financial year ends on October 31, and starts on November 1st, therefore the budget for next year will be done after November 1st.

I hope you are right. Thanks for the reply.

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
There`s an article on page 74 of today`s HUN about the upgrade to meet VFL and Melbourne City Council standards.

It said Richmond`s board is weighing up the investment, that it will cost around $1 million, and the spectator capacity would probably be 5500.

Benny Gale said a decision needed to be made by the end of November.

Benny was also quoted as saying this....

"We are still working towards getting the money, and we are going through our budget for next year, but we are not far away from getting to the point where we hope to press the button".

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Get it done Board.

Invest in the football department.

Playing on a good surface, relatively wind protected, will help development immensely.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Benny is claiming the capacity of 5500 would be too small if it was a curtain raiser to a blockbuster game. i guess he knows more than me in this regards, but that would really surprise me. i can't see 5500 richmond supporters rocking up 4 hours before a game to watch the reserves play on any day... even the the most hardcore richmond supporter would be unlikely to attend every week.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Ian4 said:
Benny is claiming the capacity of 5500 would be too small if it was a curtain raiser to a blockbuster game. i guess he knows more than me in this regards, but that would really surprise me. i can't see 5500 richmond supporters rocking up 4 hours before a game to watch the reserves play on any day... even the the most hardcore richmond supporter would be unlikely to attend every week.

Unless Before the Pounce will continue as a buffer between the VFL and main game?

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
D85 said:
Where'd you get that info Danog?

ID be shocked if games are played at PRO, where will the supporters stand/sit?

Top tier of the Ring/Johnston Scoreboard.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
michael roach said:

looks like they are trying to fund it from the 110% membership campaign