Richmond and the VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond and the VFL

In the Blood

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 22, 2007
Ian4 said:
Benny is claiming the capacity of 5500 would be too small if it was a curtain raiser to a blockbuster game. i guess he knows more than me in this regards, but that would really surprise me. i can't see 5500 richmond supporters rocking up 4 hours before a game to watch the reserves play on any day... even the the most hardcore richmond supporter would be unlikely to attend every week.

I think you would be surprised how often they will be turning Tiger fans away if there is a capacity of just 5500 at Punt Road. I for one would go to several games a year at PRO if the ressies were playing there, regardless of them being curtain raisers. Just get the ground set up and with the income generated from this little cash cow, RFC can improve facilities and capacity in the years to come.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
In the Blood said:
I think you would be surprised how often they will be turning Tiger fans away if there is a capacity of just 5500 at Punt Road. I for one would go to several games a year at PRO if the ressies were playing there, regardless of them being curtain raisers. Just get the ground set up and with the income generated from this little cash cow, RFC can improve facilities and capacity in the years to come.

a bigger cash cow would have been to build the social club on the ground floor of the ME bank centre, with a bistro and public bar and open it up to all events at the MCG and AAMI park.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ian4 said:
a bigger cash cow would have been to build the social club on the ground floor of the ME bank centre, with a bistro and public bar and open it up to all events at the MCG and AAMI park.

i reckon this has been discussed and licensing issues meant this was not an option.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Agree, a members own area is a lot easier to license than a public f&b setup

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:
i reckon this has been discussed and licensing issues meant this was not an option.

first i've heard of it... and i've been arguing this point for years now. got a link?

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Tim Clarke is confident we will have games at punt road in 2014! Also claimed we have targetted players throughout the season and 2-3 have already agreed and are still chasing 3-4 more! Well done to Wokka and Clarke :clap

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Twitter saying Nathan Lovett-Murray linked to our VFL side.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
Are they the coaches?

Tim Clarke head coach and Wayne 'Wokka' Campbell sounds like he will run the footy department. Campbell has been searching for leaders to play in the side, people who undertsand how to set up structures etc.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Knighta said:
Tim Clarke head coach and Wayne 'Wokka' Campbell sounds like he will run the footy department. Campbell has been searching for leaders to play in the side, people who undertsand how to set up structures etc.

Cheers. I thought Wokka was off to the Dogs in a footy position. Obviously not.
At least both will have a strog grasp of the game plans Dimma is implementing.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
It was great viewing the Richo and Clarke interview. It gives great insight on what the club is working towards.

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Would there be a chance that we are after Port's Matt Thomas solely as a supp list player for our VFL side rather than for the AFL team?

The Thomas rumours seem to have gone cold. Maybe that's all they ever were...

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
scooty said:
Yet to get official word but mate who works in vfl told me this arvo his pretty concrete on it

Thanks! For some reason I had Ed Curnow or even Ed Lower in my mind when I read your post! Had my Ed's mixed up :)