Richmond and the VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond and the VFL

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
www.facebook.com/StateLeaguesUpdates?hc_location=timeline

I read it on attached facebook link today.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
scooty said:
Yet to get official word but mate who works in vfl told me this arvo his pretty concrete on it

At the same time it was posted on facebook.

scooty

Tiger Superstar
Sep 4, 2007
morwell
Didnt see it on facebook been away all day so if its on facebook i guess its not true then was talking to my mate and disco roach and tommy roach about vfl news and some club things

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Tigertool said:
Ed Barlow would be a strange signing. The guy who played for WB and Sydney?

Not sure why it would be strange. Not like they are signing these guys with an intent of checking them out to see if they can make the RFC list.

Punt Rd

Can't Keep a Tiger Down!!!
Aug 15, 2011
Jurien Bay, Western Australia
Nothing more exciting than 'Bringing the Roar back to Punt Rd'!!! Give 110% Go Tiges!!!
Carter said:
Any word on recruits?

Logo? Jumper design?

Should be an exciting team with Griff, O, Newman, King, McJesus, McDonagh, Astbury, McIntosh, Darrou, Elton, Helbig and Arnot all getting games.

And how good will Punt Rd be?

Apologies mods, I think the VFL section still relates to Coburg.

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
We already have close to 21 players, they just haven`t been announced yet.

The VFL jumper design will be a bit different to the Senior jumper.

Jeep will be the logo on the front, SCF Group on the back.

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
Ian4 said:
a bigger cash cow would have been to build the social club on the ground floor of the ME bank centre, with a bistro and public bar and open it up to all events at the MCG and AAMI park.

Brodders17 said:
i reckon this has been discussed and licensing issues meant this was not an option.

Ian4 said:
first i've heard of it... and i've been arguing this point for years now. got a link?

Ian4 said:
could not disagree with you more. i just read on my membership package that the social club will be based on level 3 of the ME bank centre (or whatever it's called). i was absolutely staggered to read that... what an unbelievably short sighted and ridiculously wasted revenue opportunity by the club. it should have been on the ground floor with a cafe and bistro and an alfresco eating/drinking area. it should be open to all people (with discounts for rfc members), and open at all events at the MCG, irrespective of whats on. we could have made a mint by taking away a lot of the business from pubs and eateries in the swan street precinct due to it's locaton. what a joke.

ZeroGame said:
Depends on what liquor licensing we can get for the venue really

RFC_Official said:
Bingo.

To get into the social club you will need a membership, and the license I believe limits who we can serve.
We're not running a nightclub, its a controlled venue environment that we want to be safe for our fans. I agree, dining etc sounds great in theory, but a lot of council regulations goes into the planning of a facility like this.

Mid-week, the social club will be turned into a fully functioning facility for functions and big events, and we've already had great interest, so we will still be able to make the venue work for the club financially too.

Also, there's really no room on the ground floor, gym takes up a massive chunk of the ground floor.

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=42198.15

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
michael roach said:
The VFL jumper design will be a bit different to the Senior jumper.

considering our traditional jumper may clash with many other teams (werribee, williamstown, essendon and perhaps coburg come to mind), i wonder if the club is looking at a predominently yellow design? or looking to experiment with different designs to see how it looks if/when the club decides to change our current AFL clash guernsey at some point down the track?

michael roach said:
http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=42198.15

good get, but i still disagree with the what the club has done... too late to change it now, so there is no point going on about it i guess.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
My understanding is the jumper will be substantially different from the seniors jumper because they want the senior jumper to be something to strive for, to be earn.
Just as an aside - will there be three "Tigers" teams next year? Werribee, Coburg and Richmond?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The Mole said:
My understanding is the jumper will be substantially different from the seniors jumper because they want the senior jumper to be something to strive for, to be earn.
Just as an aside - will there be three "Tigers" teams next year? Werribee, Coburg and Richmond?
Coburg will revert back to Lions

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The Mole said:

perhaps the club is looking at a predominently yellow kit as per my suggestion above. as for the mascot, perhaps they can change to a different species of tiger to separate ourselves from werribee? or call themselves the 'cubs' consdering the VFL team will be mainly made up of kids?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
maybe we can convince Werribee to change their name to something more appropiate, Werribee Water Closets, Werribee Wee Wees etc

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
maybe we can convince Werribee to change their name to something more appropiate, Werribee Wash Closets, Werribee Wee Wees etc

definitely agree hawthorn colours would be more suitable :rofl

scooty

Tiger Superstar
Sep 4, 2007
morwell
James,wall has signed former dee and swan ruckman 2 time casey scorpions bandf winner won tatura bnf this year