Richmond Premiership Circle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Premiership Circle

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
22nd Man said:
On cold economic rational grounds supporters of all clubs would be better off not paying for guaranteed GF seats but putting cash aside every year and when their team make the granny buying one of the packages fir 1500, 2000. 37 years X 100 would have got 2 such tickets.only issue is supply of these premium legally scalped seats.

I calculated exactly the same thing when I gave away my PC. but in saying that, I didn't factor in how quickly GF packages sell out. all the lower level ones sold out months ago. you're looking at $4000 for the remaining packages. I'll take my chances in the ballot, although I am starting to regret not renewing my MRC this year.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
kiwitiger said:
Richmond has an mcc membership, which still allows you to be a club member , scarf or cap etc , access to finals tickets ( not gf ) think it was $80 , I went for that ,

Kinda spewing a bit now though I didn’t go a bit further .

Thats what I get. I'm a restricted member, and am a couple of years off full membership, so it's kinda frustrating that the match access MCC membership only allow access to finals. No probs getting into finals through MCC, but there isn't a scenario that presently allows me a chance at the GF.

Found out last year that the MCC ballot for full members has to be applied for before the end of the H&A season. Absolute rubbish.

A friend of my boss is a Melbourne supporter who entered the ballot on the chance the Dees made the GF, but as we know they didn't even make finals. He ended up getting selected for GF tickets, but wasn't interested so he transferred them to my Boss. Who is a Collingwood supporter.

Complete joke that tickets aren't given out to members who have a nominated club, instead of neutral supporters. The current system would detract from the GF atmosphere if we have neutral supporters going to Grand Finals in place of fanatics.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Ian4 said:
I calculated exactly the same thing when I gave away my PC. but in saying that, I didn't factor in how quickly GF packages sell out. all the lower level ones sold out months ago. you're looking at $4000 for the remaining packages. I'll take my chances in the ballot, although I am starting to regret not renewing my MRC this year.

That is the dilemma .. Supply, at any price. About a month ago a mate had a serious think about a 16 seat box at $56,000. That's 3500 per head.... Not out of the ball park. But taking on a 56k commitment is another level.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Tigermad2005 said:
How about we put an end to the AFL mebership and just open it up to club members.

If clubs can guarantee the AFL the $25 to 35 mill a year they get from this put up the proposal. I have a gut feel the afl aren't ideologically committed to maintaining it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We should approach the MCC to lease some bays off them for our home games. Nice rooms and facilities and the members is really never full during H&A

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Could be worse, West Coast Eagles have an "In The Wings Membership Package" that they have to pay for to even get in the queue, some people have been on a waiting list for 15 years to even become a member. (Think they have something like 15,000 on this list).
Will this ever happen for a Melbourne Club? we could be getting close?
Anyone thinking of throwing the baby out with the bath water might find it hard to get back in.

E

easy_tiger

Tigertool said:
Thats what I get. I'm a restricted member, and am a couple of years off full membership, so it's kinda frustrating that the match access MCC membership only allow access to finals. No probs getting into finals through MCC, but there isn't a scenario that presently allows me a chance at the GF.

Found out last year that the MCC ballot for full members has to be applied for before the end of the H&A season. Absolute rubbish.

A friend of my boss is a Melbourne supporter who entered the ballot on the chance the Dees made the GF, but as we know they didn't even make finals. He ended up getting selected for GF tickets, but wasn't interested so he transferred them to my Boss. Who is a Collingwood supporter.

Complete joke that tickets aren't given out to members who have a nominated club, instead of neutral supporters. The current system would detract from the GF atmosphere if we have neutral supporters going to Grand Finals in place of fanatics.

Me and my son were on the waiting list for MCC for 20 years.

we got to the top, and I didnt take mine up.

I agonised over it, but at the end of the day, I dont want to go to the cricket, I dont want to see Collingwood V Melbourne

I want to bear witness to Richmond premierships.

Maurice Rioli buys me that, and I'll just keep paying whatever it is till im worm food.

I did have a bob each way and pay up my son for MCC (MR too)

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
easy said:
Me and my son were on the waiting list for MCC for 20 years.

we got to the top, and I didnt take mine up.

I agonised over it, but at the end of the day, I dont want to go to the cricket, I dont want to see Collingwood V Melbourne

I want to bear witness to Richmond premierships.

Maurice Rioli buys me that, and I'll just keep paying whatever it is till im worm food.

I did have a bob each way and pay up my son for MCC (MR too)

Would have been bloody tough to pass on ET, but you made a good choice.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
I had this email (in response to some questions around the 2019 premiership circle changes) .... as well as a phone call around 4pm on Friday (cant fault responsiveness and on the phone the RFC team where genuinely happy to explain the changes in a very friendly manor).

(email 1 response)
In regards to the seating – Before every game, you can reserve a seat in Bay N6 through Ticketek. There is a small fee involved in reserving a seat so we have reduced the cost of your membership slightly to compensate for this.

In blockbuster events (Dreamtime, Anzac etc) we will require all Premiership Circle Great Southern Stand members to reserve a seat so you have a guaranteed spot.

As for the rest of the games, as noted above, you can still reserve a seat in N6 OR you can sit anywhere in Bays N1-N5. If you get up to go to the bar/toilet, it is highly unlikely that anyone would take your seat. Someone would have to leave their own seat to take yours and we would hope that as loyal Premiership Circle members, you wouldn’t do that to each other anyway.

And this brings me to the point that we aren’t selling this membership to anyone else. The current members will remain the only members. So therefore, it won’t be anyone you don’t already know in these seats/bays that could be in your seats.

The main idea behind this wasn’t to sell more seats and memberships, rather, to give you guys more flexibility in seating if there were better seats in front of you not being used.

email 2 response

Further to the below email, I can confirm:

- $0 booking fee for Etihad game
- Approx. $3.50 booking fee for all seats reserved (Including Blockbuster games)
- We haven’t finalised when you can reserve seats yet. We will let you all know when we have made a decision

The only thing that raised me eyebrow was that if this "wasn’t to sell more seats and memberships, rather, to give you guys more flexibility in seating" and the members raised a complaint, then why the change. For me they should have pushed hard for those not using their seats by Wed/Thursday - allowing them to be available for anyone via Ticketeck - and giving some credit/$$$ back to those not using the seats.

Is what it is now. roll on 2019 - I'll bet as creatures of habit we will simply go and sit in our 2018 seats LOL !!!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
thanks Tiger Pops. I've put my name on the waiting list for PC and MRC (whatever offer comes first). in the unlikely event I'll be offered a seat in 2019, I will definitely be going with this option. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the flexibility option.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Sammy C said:
i lost my front row seat this year only stayed to Keep my grand final guarantee was thinking of trying to get another reversed seat but don't think it will happen now

Lost my job on thursday so will be more than likely giving up my Premiership Circle Ponsford stand
I only got it at the time because i wanted my own seat but now thats gone

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
it has been months since anyone has posted about this issue
I am very interested to know what other PRE people did if they had the seats involved
I myself requested the club to find seats elsewhere as to arrive at any time and not worry about where to sit was very important to me - in the end being more important than sitting with the same people in that area
the club told us they would try to find seats in the bays around from the PRE but still on level 1
however I recall there was cynicism about this as how were they going to find seats for those of us wanting to change - what about the members already in those seats
The club kept saying I would hear eventually if seats came up in that area but offered me definite seats elsewhere on level 1 that I was happy to take
I now have my membership card with these seat allocations so I guess there never were seats on level 2 around from PRE or only very few
I would love to hear if other members did manage to get these other seats or not

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
I stayed on level 2 and will just rock up. Very disappointed with it all and with the "pack" we got with our membership. Anyway, Go Tigers!

Smilodon

Tiger Rookie
Apr 22, 2005
My trust in RFC has now been adjusted to the level of trust I give to Financial Institutions and Telcos.

Has anyone retained the the text of the Option 2 we were offered?

I'd like to see whether I was misled or wrong.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Smilodon said:
My trust in RFC has now been adjusted to the level of trust I give to Financial Institutions and Telcos.

Has anyone retained the the text of the Option 2 we were offered?

I'd like to see whether I was misled or wrong.

what ?? and Why??

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I understand there is a waiting list for Premiership Circle memberships. Does anyone know how long you have to wait?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I understand there is a waiting list for Premiership Circle memberships. Does anyone know how long you have to wait?
I got in 2 months ago, after being added to the waiting list late last year.

Reactions: 1 user

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
I've been a PC member for some time, last year we decided that a reserved seat which was removed due to "flexible seating' was more important given personal circumstances. So we kept the PC entitlements but sat downstairs - never again !!!!

We got lobbed on the lower level and after a massive stuff up by the club (who sold tickets that actually didnt exist meaning our group got split up) spent the year really struggling sitting right in front of the standing bay (usually occupied by feral opposition supporters). It was a very ordinary experience.

Can't wait to go back upstairs next year !!!

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
I've been a PC member for some time, last year we decided that a reserved seat which was removed due to "flexible seating' was more important given personal circumstances. So we kept the PC entitlements but sat downstairs - never again !!!!

We got lobbed on the lower level and after a massive stuff up by the club (who sold tickets that actually didnt exist meaning our group got split up) spent the year really struggling sitting right in front of the standing bay (usually occupied by feral opposition supporters). It was a very ordinary experience.

Can't wait to go back upstairs next year !!!
Are you being given an opportunity to go back upstairs ? How does that work?