Richmond v Brisbane QF: The Sequel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Brisbane QF: The Sequel

Gee, first *smile* Robinson back tracking on comments made whilst playing video games with kiddies, then we are apparently going to target Neal and that they are ready for that. Um, sounds to me like they are already jumping at shadows. Sounds familiar? :rotfl1

Reactions: 2 users
Gee, first *smile* Robinson back tracking on comments made whilst playing video games with kiddies, then we are apparently going to target Neal and that they are ready for that.

Have they forgotten we don't tag?

Reactions: 1 users
To me Tigers appeared off song this season until last two games . Game against the Catters right from the start on song & belted the crap out of them. Crows same again & the Crows side were no pushovers despite their position on the ladder. We are now in the business end of the season where it counts. Do not think the Lions will be able to combat the pressure game the Tigers will apply right from he start. Tigers by 20 plus.

Agree.
Crows played about their best game of the season, and now have all pre-season knowing that they are still way off the pace.
Does not feeling sympathy for Adelaide make me a bad person? :cupgold

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
We beat them pretty convincingly at Metricon. Stats (where's Fagan?) were fairly even but our F50 efficiency was superior. We forced then to score from wide and long shots. Our system should continue to make it hard for them.

Looking at our team we are a lot stronger coming into this match.

In since last time we played them are -
Astbury
Houli
Nankervis
Edwards
Ross
Caddy
Prestia*

Out since last time are -
Stack
Higgins
Egg
Broad
Soldo
Chol*

Lynch and Bolton both played them last time.

According to Cal Twoomey, the practice match we planned to participate in this Saturday will not go ahead so Dion has to rely on training and whatever match simulation the club does to build fitness for the qualifying final. Not ideal.

• Wow
According to Cal Twoomey, the practice match we planned to participate in this Saturday will not go ahead so Dion has to rely on training and whatever match simulation the club does to build fitness for the qualifying final. Not ideal.
First time PRE poster, hi :)

I reckon it's probably better, he's a gun and I'd hate for him to get injured in a scrimmage. Put some yards into him in training and roll him out for the QF.

Reactions: 4 users

Does he then sit out until hes played a full scratchie ...............................

• Wow
so lets take stock here.

.houli back r13 no match play for ? weeks.
.nankervis back r16 syndes r5 no running for ? weeks
.asto back r18 recurring knee r4 no running for ? weeks
.edwards back r18 no match play for ? weeks
.caddy back r18 hammy rx no running again
.prestia back qf? syndes r5 no running for ? weeks
.lynch back qf? hammy border line recovery time
.jackr slowing before our eyes

dare i say but is there a sudden injection of suspect match fitness &/ pace?
scoff u may but i want all bases covered....
our speed n pressure are the envy of the comp...finals oppo will be more mobile than ever & well aware of our big name slow down additions
dont kid urself...the guys listed above as good as they are....are nowhere near their peak condition

solution
red line thru caddy...no debate u were good...now pedestrian
prestia...luv him but has to be underdone...not enuf kms in legs for the chasis...seen it before
asto fitness worries me but size

grimes balta asto
short markov baker houli...4 running quarter backs central to dogs, eagles & cats humiliation...
mac bolton pickett
aarts george edwards lambert ...4 guaranteed high pressure artists
vlos lynch riewoldt..... allows oleg re-inclusion (regain the central pace balance) & police partner for lynch
nank dusty cotch graham

22nd man...debatable requirements
.rioli (aart's 4 quarter efforts has overtaken) v ross (have graham..time will come)
.broad for grigg ruck role & versatiliy v rucking chol off bench (time for physical recovery & pyschiatric help...im still a believer)

. im an unabashed markov fan....if he is overlooked for finals again i wouldn't blame him for chasing bucks & appreciation..:mad:

our

We’ve seen with our own players that it can take a few finals losses for a group to figure themselves out.

Brisbane still remind me of us early on before we’d done just that. They‘re unlikely to be a genuine threat this year or next.

Fagan was full of excuses on the eve of finals. Twisting stats to make themselves look better. Preoccupied with an end of season result that’s out of their control. Sweeping narratives all in the positive.

Maybe I’m just too familiar with Dimma’s balanced way of looking at things after a game, but to me Fagan came across as if he’s convincing himself and his players they’ll all be fine because of whatever stats he can find to support it.

It’s very, very tough to win a flag before you’ve got it all figured out mentally. Especially when another contender is in their prime.

WE need to make sure we put scoreboard pressure on them early (and often). We need to start to getting rewards for our f50 entries. We have been pretty inefficient in this area lately. Dominate possessions but can't put teams away. I feel in the past we used to hit up that guy at around 40m but we seem to bomb it way more than usual. Just based on eye test. But we need to clean this up.

Anyone else worried about Nank going it alone? Soldo is a huge out. Most sides have 2 ruckmen except us.

Is anyone who resides outside of queensland getting ticket access info from rfc?

If not, are you getting any explanation or anything?

Any thoughts/theorys on GF guarantees being honoured/dishonoured?

Anyone quarantineing?

Is anyone who resides outside of queensland getting ticket access info from rfc?

Anyone quarantineing?
Yes, got an email yesterday Ezy re next weeks game. Cant make it (and not sure I'm allowed to from Tassie anyway??), but was going to get tickets for my sister and her family, but there was a statement on the email something about Covid-19 contact tracing and persons name on ticket had to be the one actually attending, so gave that a miss. No ideas re GF guarantee.

Anyone quarantineing?

eZyT, I live in Lennox Head and have 2 sons living on the coast, all AFL full members but they are say because the postal address is in NSW you can't get tickets. As you would know the border down to Ballina is open to Queensland on October 1st, you can't ring the AFL membership office because it is closed, e-mail only and no answer yet. Any clues?

eZyT, I live in Lennox Head and have 2 sons living on the coast, all AFL full members but they are say because the postal address is in NSW you can't get tickets. As you would know the border down to Ballina is open to Queensland on October 1st, you can't ring the AFL membership office because it is closed, e-mail only and no answer yet. Any clues?

I thought that may be the case. My bro in NT got an email with ticket instructions and my bro in brisbane but not down here.