Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Agree completely. We should shut up about Collingwood's recent stuff-ups as well.

yep. I know a lot of people don't like Buckley, but I reckon if he's stuffing up it might indicate the rules aren't as black and white as maybe they should have been.

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Brooke should stay out of it - just apologise and that's all

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
What choice did the players have in this, really? Either accept the conditions or be publicly denounced for not playing for your team. It was quite clear from that brief moment that any player who refused to play would be seen as being soft.
The real life examples don't show this to be the case. Look at the outpouring of empathy for Nathan Brown. Nobody (that I know of) is knocking Liam Stocker. I think you underestimate the vast majority of supporters.

By the way, are you from Victoria or elsewhere?

Apologism got us where we are today in Victoria. If you're not from here, you simply don't understand how important footy is to us right now, and you don't understand how a lax approach to containing transmission can be devastating.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, well done to Brooke and Trent for taking their medicine.

We can go back to bashing Eddie McGuire now

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Massive backflip from Gil. Hope he didn't do a disc?

Yeah totally bizzare. Almost like he already had an issue with him and was waiting for a moment to pull the trigger. Backflip was probably due to media scrutiny.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Massive backflip from Gil. Hope he didn't do a disc?
AFL trying to save face by saying that he hadn't followed an AFL Media (afl.com.au) decision saying that they are not to name any family members relating to any club breaches.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No, we don't need distractions.

As Lou Reed said: Put a fork in it's arse and turn it over, it's done.

Let's get back to trying to work out how they are all going in the hub.

DS

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
No, we don't need distractions.

As Lou Reed said: Put a fork in it's arse and turn it over, it's done.

Let's get back to trying to work out how they are all going in the hub.

DS

Too late for that. What i have been preaching for a few days now.

We fed the bear & now it lives in our backyard. We can;'t really blame the media as half the *smile* members couldn't keep their mouth shut & thought trying to force a reaction or response from her would somehow be worth something. We are slowly destroying the amazing culture we have only just created. The wounds and damage of Rance's unusual retirement & the Higgins drama have barely scabbed over and we are now in a situation where supporters are bitching about the captains wife. The supporters needed to be publicly supporting her, not acting like Karens. We are a massive risk of yo-yoing our season & more importantly our dynasty away

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Too late for that. What i have been preaching for a few days now.

We fed the bear & now it lives in our backyard. We can;'t really blame the media as half the *smile* members couldn't keep their mouth shut & thought trying to force a reaction or response from her would somehow be worth something.

I didn't realise the word smart is filtered here.

She came out, apologised on her Social Media platform and that's pretty much done and dusted. Even though we don't know who paid the fine, we know Chimp and Chimpess have offered to pay and that's good enough for all I reckon.

All over really. If only they had done this when the news first broke it woudn't have kept bubbling.

Reactions: 1 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Yep, well done to Brooke and Trent for taking their medicine.

We can go back to bashing Eddie McGuire now

You clearly dont get trauma. Just cos you got this apology will not mean the Cotchins move on. If the Cap and his wife are unhappy & they are in isolation hubs with all the other players and their wives - that is going to be one toxic environment

Tigers dont change their stripes, it appears