Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
I didn't realise the word smart is filtered here.

She came out, apologised on her Social Media platform and that's pretty much done and dusted. Even though we don't know who paid the fine, we know Chimp and Chimpess have offered to pay and that's good enough for all I reckon.

All over really. If only they had done this when the news first broke it woudn't have kept bubbling.

For you as a bystander maybe. You got what you wanted.

The Cotchins would NOT be a happy family right now. I can assure you.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You clearly dont get trauma. Just cos you got this apology will not mean the Cotchins move on. If the Cap and his wife are unhappy & they are in isolation hubs with all the other players and their wives - that is going to be one toxic environment

Tigers dont change their stripes, it appears

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Nope. Dont make a man pick between his mates, job and/or his wife. It never ends well, Just ask Alex

People are carrying on like someone took money off them.
Biggest non story of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Has anyone thought that Buckley did what he did on purpose?
Mark McGowan can't stand AFL.
He calls Gilligan and tells him to clear out of WA.
'Your clowns have broken protocols i set, now get out"
The Hubs are all moved back to QLD.
Wc start sooking again.
McGuire and Buckley now have a easier passage to a flag.
As we struggle to beat Collingwood.
Collingwoods current bogey side is WC.
Collingwood wouldn't fear playing us. And especially not port or Brisbane.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
The real life examples don't show this to be the case. Look at the outpouring of empathy for Nathan Brown. Nobody (that I know of) is knocking Liam Stocker. I think you underestimate the vast majority of supporters.

By the way, are you from Victoria or elsewhere?

Apologism got us where we are today in Victoria. If you're not from here, you simply don't understand how important footy is to us right now, and you don't understand how a lax approach to containing transmission can be devastating.

I think the proof is that when Jack came out and said the initial comments about not being keen on the hub proves my point pretty well, ala where this thread all started.

Liam Stocker -oif course no once really cared. he has played 5 pretty *smile* games in his whole career. he was not close to starting 22, even for Carlton.

Nathan Brown? You mean the bloke who just retired from AFL 5 days ago & penned a heartbreaking article to announce it stating "I have abandoned by brothers"?

The pressure to be here was on, clearly, on him. The guilt was all over his departing letter

If Tom Lynch &Marlon Pickett both chose to stay home for "family", i doubt anyone would have been too empathetic. I can pretty much guess the words "Big Contract" & " Free ticket to a Grand Final" would have been muttered, along with "soft"

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Wow! Move on people. There are far worse things happening in life.
A mistake was made, they paid the penalty and publicly apologised. Stop flogging a dead horse.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If Tom Lynch &Marlon Pickett both chose to stay home for "family", i doubt anyone would have been too empathetic. I can pretty much guess the words "Big Contract" & " Free ticket to a Grand Final" would have been muttered, along with "soft"

You just need to read this very thread from the beggining to see the majority here were sympathic and accepting of any player that wanted to remain in Melbourne, and that was before Sheds and Houli's decisions were announced. Your reading of the supporters is inacurate

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Too late for that. What i have been preaching for a few days now.

We fed the bear & now it lives in our backyard. We can;'t really blame the media as half the *smile* members couldn't keep their mouth shut & thought trying to force a reaction or response from her would somehow be worth something. We are slowly destroying the amazing culture we have only just created. The wounds and damage of Rance's unusual retirement & the Higgins drama have barely scabbed over and we are now in a situation where supporters are bitching about the captains wife. The supporters needed to be publicly supporting her, not acting like Karens. We are a massive risk of yo-yoing our season & more importantly our dynasty away

To be honest, I doubt anyone at the club reads this forum, and even if they do, it wouldn't get back to the players.

We didn't feed the bear, we left some food out but the bear had f***ed off a few hours earlier.

The culture will live on because the club knows this was a stuff up, moved on a week ago, and are likely bewildered by how long the story has lasted.

I'm more worried about a 4 day break followed by travel to Adelaide, that is going to be a challenge. At least we have 9 days off following the Port game.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
To be honest, I doubt anyone at the club reads this forum, and even if they do, it wouldn't get back to the players.

We didn't feed the bear, we left some food out but the bear had f***ed off a few hours earlier.

The culture will live on because the club knows this was a stuff up, moved on a week ago, and are likely bewildered by how long the story has lasted.

I'm more worried about a 4 day break followed by travel to Adelaide, that is going to be a challenge. At least we have 9 days off following the Port game.

DS

You would be surprised. It doesn't have to be anyone at the club. These players have wives, family, nephews, friends, former class mates etc. And they all have social media galore - its very easy to take a screen shot and send it to a mate.

The sentiment of our supporters here generally reflects to the same as at Bigfooty as well - we all know the jorno's definitely read that one. The comments on facebook pages also tends to reflect in a similar fashion & if anything - the worst aspects tend to be a LOT worse at both those other platforms. Then you have SEN etc.

Do not underestimate how much these platforms would be getting looked at - especially in a year with no crowds and open training sessions. These people care what people think - its a big reason why mental health issues have sky rocketed in our league in recent years. These are the kids of the social media age - they are all Y-genners & Millennials. They are not old, archaic men like us.

Reality is Punt Road End generally holds the best attitudes & opinions regarding the club of all the platforms. The behaviour and support for the club is at its best, right here. If there is a stench here, you can almost know with 100% certainty - its consistently worse elsewhere.

I don't really care when people get harsh on the players for playing *smile* - or if they have gone out and got on the *smile* and done something stupid. But its poor form to attack their family, no matter what aspect you think you have a right to. You really don't & once it goes down that road - it can really impact their relationships. We saw this with Rance & if you don't make this an environment for the players to feel safe for their family - they will leave.

It took 35 years to fix the culture of this club & its supporters - lets not get ahead of ourselves. We are the defending premier, stay classy

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think some people are putting far too much weight on this infraction.

You know who’s going to be thinking about this infraction in a weeks time?

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Tom Morris on Fox says Richmond pulled the mental health card in an attempt to get him to take down Brooke Cotchin’s pic of the day spa. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user