Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fair enough too, but I reckon if the conversation was "Listen Darl, I've got the choice of two weeks in Thailand with the boys, leaving tomorrow, or I need to go away in a week or two to work for 32 days, what would you prefer?"

Have a feeling I know what the answer would be in most households.

or you stop imagining conversations you didnt hear and trust other people to make their own decisions in circumstances you weren't part of.

just a thought.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
or you stop imagining conversations you didnt hear and trust other people to make their own decisions in circumstances you weren't part of.

just a thought.

isnt just about every thread except the gameday thread dealing in hypotheticals?

Crazy response by some.

Richmond puts family and life above football.

Is there really debate about this?

you know its a polarising debate when you find the other side difficult to grasp.

If Richmond truly put family and life above football.

wouldnt it be the

RF&LC?

See I think its great to put a strong emphasis on family and life, but its a football club.

you get paid to play football, the same as at Bendix you get paid to make brake pads and at Crazy Horse you get paid to root people.

If you are sick, bereaved, birthing, and 4 weeks/year. you get leave,

if you want to stay home and play, you get sacked.

is there really debate about this?

perhaps the dads could take their annual leave in July and work all Dec/Jan?

Last edited:

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
SA just announced that they will not allow hubs in SA. Again, any remote resemblance to a legit season is gonski. It’s done.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
SA just announced that they will not allow hubs in SA. Again, any remote resemblance to a legit season is gonski. It’s done.

I think they will try 2 conferences - Vic and The rest,

before they pull the pin and award the premiership to GC or GWS somehow

$$$ is the only consideration now

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
if you want to stay home and play, you get sacked.

This is a dramatic change to working requirements at short notice that would not have been understood or covered in contracts at the time of signing. In addition they are effectively playing to save the AFL's TV contract while on reduced pay.

It's not the AFL's fault, but this goes way beyond being asked to cop a pay cut while fulfilling their normal commitments. It's unavoidable that there will be differences of opinion among players.

I guess the bigger picture is that if the season collapses, clubs may go under and the players could no longer expect to be paid at the level they're accustomed to.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Did anyone see the fantastic effort of Storm last night?

A massive come back after being well down mid second half.

They are in a hub in Qld for an indefinite time. Played great football with full intensity.

Won the game after kicking a field goal with three seconds left to force a golden goal play off. Then a penalty goal to win.

Roosters who are premiers of the last two years had no hangover and played hard committed intense professional football.

So why do we have hub issues and a lack of intensity and commitment when these teams do not?

This was a fantastic game played by two fully committed professional teams. No covid issues. No hub issues. No hangover.

Maybe the time for mindfulness has passed. Maybe we have become a team of snags.

It just begs the question....how can these two teams who are in the same position as us play so differently to what we are dishing up.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
isnt just about every thread except the gameday thread dealing in hypotheticals?

Football hypotheticals are one thing , making judgements on people's characters based on imaginary conversations between a player and his wife/partner is where I draw the line.

you can criticise Cotchin for lack of commitment if you want but no need to go there.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Why do the hubs need to be interstate?

Who says we cant have them here?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Why do the hubs need to be interstate?

Who says we cant have them here?

yes as long as they aren’t located at Coburg or Witten Oval for example.

perhaps the risk is that it may not take that much longer for the rest of Vic to go back into lockdown If things continue to get worse.

to me NSW is the logical place as from there, after 2 weeks of playing teams can then move onto the other states to continue the season.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Border authorities. Vics will not be allowed to pollute other states for quite some time. Serves us right too!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The way the numbers are growing each day in Melbourne.
I will surprised if the entire state isn't shut down again by next week.
Other states will get to a stage where anyone from any other state won't be allowed in.
The AFL has no where to go but to shut shop again.
The hotels where were introduced to safe guard the population all its become is a breeding ground for the virus.
How could people leave without being tested has me flked.
We were hanging shitt of Sydney and there Cruise ships debacle.
But at least they can go out and enjoy themselves now.
Where back to square 1.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
So Queensland wouldn't let us in to play the Eagles, forcing the cancellation of the match, but we're now free to stay for an indefinite period?
Doesnt make sense. I thought we would have to quarantine for 14 days before we would be allowed to play?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Us Carlton Stkilda North Essendon Western Bulldogs