Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Honestly club put this to bed straight away it was done and they keep going on about if I was the club put her in her place like Gale did to Cotchin regarding his duties as captain etc if this not a media beat up.They payed the fine end of story.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I can't be bothered reading back over what this *smile* is about. Can anyone dot point succinct it for me?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can't be bothered reading back over what this *smile* is about. Can anyone dot point succinct it for me?

Kennedy is the bloke in the long coat, who did the speech about Steve Wallis on his last game from the documentary 'Year of the dogs' he is also Brooke Cotchins dad.
He reckon's the AfL and we stink because we didn't stand up for his daughter.
Then Benny Gale's wife told him to quiten down.
Then Caro and Parrott got excited there's cracks appearing and they're reporting it.
Thats it.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I know who Rick Kennedy is mate spent many afternoons at Western Oval telling him to *smile* off.
Well, that is a storm in a teacup then ain't it.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I'm sure BG gave his full blessing for the lovely Jane to give her opinion on everything that happened in
This skirmish....

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I know who Rick Kennedy is mate spent many afternoons at Western Oval telling him to *smile* off.
Well, that is a storm in a teacup then ain't it.

Daughters of the west
Red, white and blue
We come out fighting
Bulldogs through and through

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm sure BG gave his full blessing for the lovely Jane to give her opinion on everything that happened in
This skirmish....

Have read what Jane said, nothing too controversial there. If the Cotchins threatened to leave the hub that's not a good look.

Hopefully everyone shuts up and focuses on football now.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
AFL’s “Power Couple”
Cotchin would be happy with that label.

where’s woman’s day?

Reactions: 1 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Have read what Jane said, nothing too controversial there. If the Cotchins threatened to leave the hub that's not a good look.

Exactly hence Jane was the one saying it.
Not the BG or the club.
Jane and

Yeh nothing in said article.
Just Jane clarifying what actually occurred so it doesn't allow the media to manipulate anything.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I really feel sorry for Trent in all this. The focus should be on the team not the BS cat fighting currently going on in the club.

Sounds like there has been a blow up with Brooke front and centre. If she is telling her husband to quit the hub then she needs to be put in her place

If I was the Chief I'd be letting her know that she should think seriously about catching the next plane home.

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Exactly hence Jane was the one saying it.
Not the BG or the club.
Jane and

Yeh nothing in said article.
Just Jane clarifying what actually occurred so it doesn't allow the media to manipulate anything.

Yeh but why the hell is the wife of a CEO making any comment at all? Its very strange.

I can't see Gill letting his missus make statements to the media on behalf of the AFL

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Rick Kennedy was a bogan battler footballer, none too bright. Brooke is a chip off the old block, not too bright but ambitious at the same time. They should just stfu. unfortunately bogans of a habit of engaging the mouth before the brain.

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What the next extraordinary richmond in turmoil story?

'Houli pretends to sip beer with coach'

Or perhaps

'Hub laundryman in exclusive tell-all; 'sometimes theres this stiff yellowish patch on the players sheets''

This story is extraordinary, even by modern footy journalism standards

'Father defends daughter while husband defends wife'

*smile* hell. Everyone knows theres a 1 acre freezer in every Aldi full of minced, bleached, Halibuts arseholes exclusively for dads and husbands who arent prepared to defend their women unconditionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
The lengths the media will go to in order to not talk about how well we are playing footy know no bounds. Ignore it all.

Reactions: 10 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The lengths the media will go to in order to not talk about how well we are playing footy know no bounds. Ignore it all.
Right at the start of Sunday Footy Show, they discussed each match briefly. However when it came to our game against the Eagles, they crossed over to Barrett to discuss this story. Not one mention of the game.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Agree ezy. Players (or wives) breaking quarantine protocols is a story. This however is not.

You expect the media to leave this alone? Unfortunately the captain of the flag favourites threatening to leave quarantine is a story. Didn't need to be.

The captain is the type to be steeled by it though.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Right at the start of Sunday Footy Show, they discussed each match briefly. However when it came to our game against the Eagles, they crossed over to Barrett to discuss this story. Not one mention of the game.
yeah - unfortunately you have to put up with the disrespect if you want to watch these shows.

was watching first crack of fox last night and when discussing our game it was all about "tiger tension" and then went to discuss "flying Ryan"

no mention how we dismantled the premiership favourites and how we made last weeks hero's nitnat and mcgovern vitually useless on the field.