Richo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo

Can anyone else claim being there for the 700 double - Warnie's 700th wicket and Richo's 700th (and 800th) goal?

camtx said:
Can anyone else claim being there for the 700 double - Warnie's 700th wicket and Richo's 700th (and 800th) goal?

yeah. got it covered. think i was at all of richo's milestone's

Geeze I feel shocking, but I'm trying to think of it in terms of celebrating a fantastic career, and to that I say :clap

Richo - Ranks with Bartlett, Hart and Raines as the best player I have seen in the yellow and black. Hope the club can arrange a great function to send you off into a well deserved retirement. Thanks for the memories big fella.

One thing that really hurts is that we won't all be able to farewell him in a game at the G in front of 90,000.

When will this club's fortunes ever change?

I am absolutely gutted.

tigerjoe said:
One thing that really hurts is that we won't all be able to farewell him in a game at the G in front of 90,000.

whats hurts the most is that this man played in a bin team. he deserved success more than anyone

Although inevitable it really is a sad day for the club. He is a true legend; one of the very few characters that can transcend the club and the game. In an era when the club has been so pathetic on the field and sometimes off the field as well, he was Richmond. IMO, apart from Captain Blood and maybe Tom Hafey, there is no one that epitomises Richmond more than Richo.

As a player, geez he could be frustrating but more often magnificent. I have never seen a better mark, particularly contested mark, than him, ever. In that regard he was better than Carey. If he had have been lucky enough to play in good sides he would have kicked over 1000 goals. He is in the same boat now as Robbie Flower. A truly great player that was unfortunate to play in crap sides for the vast majority of his career. Both played in only 3 finals in approximately 280 games. That is very sad. Richo you deserved so much more.

This house is very morose tonight. My wife has shed a tear, my 13 year old is out but when he gets home and finds out he will be devastated, and it's a real shame that my 4 year old will ever get to really appreciate Richo through watching him playe for years. I am just really flat.

Good on you Richo; you are a legend. Thanks for everything champ :clap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N9zHmU0MZE&feature=related

i still have the 250 games sign lol Go Richo

What a sad day!

Sorry he didn't have a farewell game.

Will miss the big fella.

Tigers of Old said:
How about the G? :partyfest

Do ya reckon the AFL will lend it to us for an intimate little shindig. Maybe Richo and say, 40,000 supporters could partake in a bit of kick to kick.

My favorite Richo moment was when he had that goal kicking comp against sam newman this year and he bagged one from the pocket to beat him.. he then said he'd never in his whole 17 years ever kicked a goal from there ever before..

One question leysy would like answered that likely never will.

What cost did the absolute & total mismanagement of Richo against firstly North Melbourne & then the following week against Sydney bring.

It without question ruined him not just for last year & likely a year or two following.

Disgraceful. Those decisions to play him when on one leg at his age have cost thousands upon thousands of Richmond supporters plenty of joy.

Ridley said:
Although inevitable it really is a sad day for the club. He is a true legend; one of the very few characters that can transcend the club and the game. In an era when the club has been so pathetic on the field and sometimes off the field as well, he was Richmond. IMO, apart from Captain Blood and maybe Tom Hafey, there is no one that epitomises Richmond more than Richo.

As a player, geez he could be frustrating but more often magnificent. I have never seen a better mark, particularly contested mark, than him, ever. In that regard he was better than Carey. If he had have been lucky enough to play in good sides he would have kicked over 1000 goals. He is in the same boat now as Robbie Flower. A truly great player that was unfortunate to play in crap sides for the vast majority of his career. Both played in only 3 finals in approximately 280 games. That is very sad. Richo you deserved so much more.

This house is very morose tonight. My wife has shed a tear, my 13 year old is out but when he gets home and finds out he will be devastated, and it's a real shame that my 4 year old will ever get to really appreciate Richo through watching him playe for years. I am just really flat.

Good on you Richo; you are a legend. Thanks for everything champ :clap

Bloody well said that Pidley lad.

tigerjoe said:

When will this club's fortunes ever change?

I am absolutely gutted.

Maybe Dumby could close off Collins Street for a Richo parade. I reckon it would attract a bigger crowd than the GF parade. ;D