Richo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo

Leysy Days said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Double Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tragic day. In a decent side he would have kicked another 300. A true one of a kind. There will never be another player like Matthew Richardson.

My heart says – “I feel heavy and sad... a lot worse than i thought i would feel”

My head says – “It’s the right decision for the RFC, but thats debate for another day.”

Richo – he may now be a retired champion RFC footballer, but he has proven time and again that he is also a champion bloke who always put the club first. All the best for the future Richo, you will be sadly missed.

ToraToraTora said:
A sad day but geez get over it. Everyone has to go sometime. Wasn't without his faults.

don't think today is the most appropriate day to rip into the big fella. you'll be on your own here.

Yep, he's an absolute LEGEND, its been a pleasure Matty watching you on game day. You will be missed on the field, hopefully the Club will have you working with them off field to get these kids cracking.

taztiger4 said:
needs to be signed up in some sort of marketing role i reckon

Richo the runner would be a great laugh. he'd get more cheers everytime he ran on the field than most players.

Baloo said:
Richo the runner would be a great laugh. he'd get more cheers everytime he ran on the field than most players.

He'll probably have a brain fade, pick up the ball and kick forward..... ;D

I am just shell shocked - I just took it for granted all this talk of him not going on was just talk.

tonights the first time I've thought No Richo for 2010.

I'm like others hes the best thing this club has seen for the last 20 years.

I feel like crying and that is something I dont do.

I loved this bloke, the best tiger I have ever seen play for the club.

Farewell old buddy........ :'(

taztiger4 said:
needs to be signed up in some sort of marketing role i reckon

I reckon sign him up to teach players the meaning of loyalty, passion and commitment.

Leysy Days said:
Absolutely. Today has cost the club a packet. It will hit the clubs finances hard.

Then again, the number 12 guernseys might double in value. ;D

And how to give 100% every day of the week.
The AFL loses another legendary character - it's been an honour to watch you play Big Fella!

shamekha said:
he was training this week.. hope he didnt do an injury

He had to test it out.
There was little point in him going on next year and limping through a handful of games. The prognosis was not good.

He has done exactly the right thing and handled this impeccably.
I am proud of him for making such a tough call and putting the team first.

A new era truly begins.

Farewell big fella..

Through a really dark period for the club, you were a reason for us all to keep turning up or turning on the telly..

Like my 3 year old boy says..

'Go Richo!'

Well that just sums up my last 2 weeks of loss and sadness...
Thank you richo for being you.....
I hope you coach the club one day because passion and wearing the jumper had reaped the club success before....I hope you become the next Tom Hafey....thanks for a wonderful ride mate..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

BIGNIGE said:
On this note should the 12 go to the young man initialled DM??????

IMO, no-one should wear 12 in the next 3-5 years. Wait until a true elite player flourishes from our kids.