Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
One of the few Richmond defenders who didn’t let the ball out the back.

Letting the ball carry the pack cost us five(?) goals.

Was okay imo.

Reactions: 6 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
5 min of clean straight lead forward craft exposed him… wrestle, no prob’s… fast lead… problem. Interesting conundrum

Reactions: 4 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I actually liked his game tonight. Apart from a 5 min purple patch from McKay - which I don’t think anyone could’ve done much about - thought he held McKay.
Distinct lack of pressure exiting our forward line. And our midfield, hardly any chase/pressure exerted.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Gave him a pass mark tonight. But too slow against the lead for mine. We’re gonna pay a big price with that soon. Not good below his knees either.

Thought he was fine, but have to disagree with the comment about the lead. When a forward leads and jumps there is little their direct opponent can do. It is up to other defenders to block the path by going for the ball (which takes very good anticipation) or to come in from the side to spoil. Leading forwards have a split second advantage and the advantage of knowing where they are leading, their direct opponent starts a step behind and this is why we have team defence.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
One of the few Richmond defenders who didn’t let the ball out the back.

Letting the ball carry the pack cost us five(?) goals.

Was okay imo.

Yeah, this was very frustrating. The ball was clearly hard to mark when contested and when it went out the back our defenders just weren't there. Not really sure why we don't have a player out the back, especially on a wet night when the ball is liable to slip through.

DS

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A watch on Tarrant's right hand, Dimma went to shake it but Tarrant moved it away and stuck out his left.
I noticed going into the team meeting he had it wrapped in a bag of ice.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Porkins will have a field day next week. Have to hope he belts someone in the West this week

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might be no Tarrant and No Balta next week ............................................. just in time for Shovekins and Cameron FFS.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Time to stand up young Gibcus. Jump all over Hawkins.

Miller should take care of that homebrand Tom Lynch they have running around at CHF.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought I'd come on here and he'd be getting bagged out after what he got last week. Thought he was good, but Mackay is a bloody good player. That kick for goal in the 4th from the boundary that he kicked the banana from is a good kick in the dry, an awesome kick in the wet.

I think Mckay only took 2 marks in the corridor, he was pushed towards the wings and kicked that lovely goal from there but generally I felt Tarrant did well enough on him, despite the 4 goals.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thought he was fine, but have to disagree with the comment about the lead. When a forward leads and jumps there is little their direct opponent can do. It is up to other defenders to block the path by going for the ball (which takes very good anticipation) or to come in from the side to spoil. Leading forwards have a split second advantage and the advantage of knowing where they are leading, their direct opponent starts a step behind and this is why we have team defence.

DS
Isn’t a problem for Grimes or Broad.

He’s a mile behind. He gets no referred pressure on. Even when there’s a loop on the ball and he has time to close.

Needs to either be filling a hole or standing under it one on one to be of value. Otherwise he’s all at sea on leading forwards or when the ball is bouncing around on the ground. We’ve seen it several times this year.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Isn’t a problem for Grimes or Broad.

He’s a mile behind. He gets no referred pressure on. Even when there’s a loop on the ball and he has time to close.

Needs to either be filling a hole or standing under it one on one to be of value. Otherwise he’s all at sea on leading forwards or when the ball is bouncing around on the ground. We’ve seen it several times this year.
Yeh, he gets lost easily on a forward willing to work hard.

He wasn't awful but he's no DTLD.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A watch on Tarrant's right hand, Dimma went to shake it but Tarrant moved it away and stuck out his left.
I noticed going into the team meeting he had it wrapped in a bag of ice.

Dimma confirmed in his press conference that Tarrant got a busted knuckle in the first 3 minutes of the game and that post match his hand was the size of a watermelon, kudos to him for playing out the game.

So yes it maybe no Balta & Tarrant so maybe Miller time again which would be well deserved considering his excellent and consistent form in the VFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I don’t get the criticism. Thought Tarrant destroyed Mackay for 3 quarters and only got away after he received some decent passes in the last quarter. One goal was a fluke from the boundary and another was a Joe the Goose.

Reactions: 4 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Dimma confirmed in his press conference that Tarrant got a busted knuckle in the first 3 minutes of the game and that post match his hand was the size of a watermelon, kudos to him for playing out the game.

So yes it maybe no Balta & Tarrant so maybe Miller time again which would be well deserved considering his excellent and consistent form in the VFL.
Will be having surgery. Incredible game considering. You see him being annoyed by his Hand real early in the replay

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So looks like Balta and Tarrant will be out against the cats. Miller to come in.