Robin Nahas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robin Nahas

davidrodan said:
I'd say a big fat NO! to Ash Smith

Went to a WC vs WB game with my mate (WC fan) and we just watched Smith for a bit, he was hopeless, like he didn't wanna be there

Way outside, no urgency, no tank, big long kick but not accurate, little defensive pressure, didn't wanna tackle
Did not leave a good impression (just incase you missed that in the description) :hihi

Doesn't look that good at WAFL level either.

Robbie will be a delisted free agent and might get a sniff elsewhere.
Nobody will trade for him.

If Robbie does leave he should be commended for carving out a credible career.
Apart from 2013, were he lost all confidence, he was a valuable player who gave his all.
I wish him well.

This Is Anfield said:
If Robbie does leave he should be commended for carving out a credible career.
Apart from 2013, were he lost all confidence, he was a valuable player who gave his all.
I wish him well.

He's been our most successful rookie in 5 years, can't complain about that. One thing that surprised me was that he couldn't even manage to nail down a permanent sub role, I originally thought he would be an ideal impact player.

bullus_hit said:
He's been our most successful rookie in 5 years, can't complain about that. One thing that surprised me was that he couldn't even manage to nail down a permanent sub role, I originally thought he would be an ideal impact player.

Think he blew that with that one petulant performance bh.

I am a fan of Ash. Recruited by WC from Dandenong I do not think he fitted in with the WC mix plus Subi is a backmans graveyard due to it spaces. Be a good pick up for Tigers with Nahas as an even swap.

bullus_hit said:

Strange how this time last year he was on the up and somehow this season he just failed......or was there something with the coach(es) that made his form drop? Who knows.

TigerForce said:
Strange how this time last year he was on the up and somehow this season he just failed......or was there something with the coach(es) that made his form drop? Who knows.

It's clear the coaches didn't like his attitude / work ethic, otherwise he'd still be on the list. You don't go from 35 goal forward to delisted player in 12 months unless there's something not quite right. Hopefully someone picks him up and we can salvage a lowly draft pick.

I reckon the writing was on the wall before the season started.

It was clear even back then that shed and kingy would be preferred in the starting 22, for versatility and defensive pressure respectively.

He played like he knew he would be pushing it up hill to break in.

As soon as I saw that ridiculous kick against Brisbane lions at the G I knew he was gone

There's no room for someone who can't kick at all whatsoever with their wrong foot in today's game. The pressure is so high it's just not coverable unless you have amazing evasive skills. Nahas tended to have more slip and fall onto the ground skills when under pressure.

Such a shame really. Nahas was really doing well a couple of years ago and I thought he would come on in leaps and bounds. How wrong was I.

What a shame we did not try to trade him while he had currency - oh well.

Thanks for your service Robin and good luck for your future, whatever that holds.

The AFL site reports Nahas will go to any club that wants him via the draft even as a rookie. It says that on the Eagles were remotely interested. This sounds as though he has definitely got his marching orders

Lacks Nahas leg speed but is better skilled, vastly stronger and plays a similar role.

Is too long in the tooth now, but would have played 150 games if we'd drafted him when he trained with us 8 or 10 years ago.