Robin Nahas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robin Nahas

It's funny - I remember Nahas did actually tackle well early days and quite regularly ran blokes down who were leaving our F50. Seemed to be something that fell right out of his game in the last 2 years. Good luck to him.

hopper said:
It's funny - I remember Nahas did actually tackle well early days and quite regularly ran blokes down who were leaving our F50. Seemed to be something that fell right out of his game in the last 2 years. Good luck to him.
Agreed, I seem to recall his very first game against Port(?) over there in the wet. He tackled like a mad man.

hopper said:
I remember that too in the early days. He always looked quite busy, then you'd check his stats and he really didn't have that much of it. He had a good few years, but for whatever reason he didn't really have any interest in playing for Richmond this year. Good luck to him, hopefully he can recapture some of what made him a handful in the forward line for us at Arden St.

tigs2010 said:
Then he got content.
Yeah, not sure. He played 77 games and kicked almost 100 goals from 2009-2102. He MAY have got content in 2013 but not sure he was in earlier years.

after the first year his opinion of himself far exceeded his actual worth
I should have filmed the way he would strut around inside the ME centre ,
he had talent , but was one of those players that needed to train his butt off, unfortunately he wasn't

wayne said:
You're right, a couple years back he racked up a lot of disposals and was hitting the scoreboard as well.

Was never a big fan, but he was 6th in the b&f in 2011 and kicked 34 goals the following year. I guess Dimma just couldn't live with his limitations.

Robbie Nahas is a smart, articulate guy. I get the impression he's the type who needs cuddles from the coach, constant reassurance.

Dimma isn't a cuddles coach. He's a 'just get it done' coach.

He didn't get that last summer and as a result seemed to resign himself to being third in line behind Titch and kingy.

I call these guys newlyweds. They need honeymoon periods with fresh coaches to get the best out of themselves.

I certainly admire his 2011-12 seasons and am glad he gets a chance to reboot.

year of the tiger said:
So our three players no longer at the club have all found homes - pity we didn't get anything for them.

Good luck at North
Natural progression of our footy dept. a couple of years ago everyone we delisted or didn't offer contracts to would be playing suburban or country football.

Feel very confident in 2 years players not in our long term plans will now be positive trades for picks or swaps 8-

i wonder what went down with Nahas this year? he was pretty good the past few seasons as a few have pointed out. North isn't a bad fit for him, i'm glad he got a gig. but yeah, puzzled at him not taking the opportunities he was given this year? :spin

hopper said:

Yep that was the part I loved about him. Remember him running 100metres to run someone down.

Well North missed with Betts, so clearly they've identified a need. After watching him at Port, I was very happy we picked him up, and 2011/12 made it seem an astute choice. '13 was abysmal (PTS from run down of hand bag thief?). Get off your arse and make it happen RN.

DirtyDogTiger said:
ex tigers

Nahas - north
White - port
mcguane - Brisbane
Schulz -port
Raines - Brisbane
Graeme - Adaide

Any others?

Didn't we have a player called Tambling who ended up at Adelaide?

Collins to Carlton?

Ottens to Geelong?

Morton to the Swans?

Eat the rich said:
Well North missed with Betts, so clearly they've identified a need. After watching him at Port, I was very happy we picked him up, and 2011/12 made it seem an astute choice. '13 was abysmal (PTS from run down of hand bag thief?). Get off your arse and make it happen RN.
Not suggesting the club made the wrong decision delisting him. Because as you say, despite very promising start, his last 2 seasons have been below par. But the irony is, we are yet to fill this same "need" on our list as North are attempting to by signing Nahas.

Looks like another case of teams liking players who played well against them in the past. In 2012 against North, Nahas booted 3 goals, one before in 2011, 5 goals (his highest haul ever), one before that no goals but amassed 26 possesions. Good luck to him, I hope he turns his head around and plays well for them.

Well done on Robbie to get to Norf. Probably shows he didn't get on with coach(es) to get a game rather than form.