Round 1 Team Predictions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Team Predictions

Any team has to follow the rules all Tiger teams follow. 7 backs, 2 tall forwards and 1 back up ruck, who will spend some time forward.

B: Baker, Miller/Young, Grimes
HB: Vlastuin, Balta, DRioli
C: Pickett, Hopper, KMac
HF: Bolton, Lynch, Clarke
F: Dusty, Jack, MRioli
Foll: Nank, Taranto, Prestia
Int: Short, Cotch, Ryan, Broad
Sub: Ross,

B: Grimes Miller Broad
HB: Rioli Balta Vlastuin
C: Macintosh Hopper Pickett
HF: Martin Riewoldt Bolton
FF: MRJ Lynch Cumberland
Foll: Nankervis Tarranto Prestia
Int: Short Ryan Cotchin Baker
Sub: Graham
Bullseye

Reactions: 1 user
I agree that Young could be a beauty.

Broad isnt the problem and is playing his best footy.

The biggest concerns in the defence right now for mine are whether Noah Balta can recapture his best form and whether or not Dylan Grimes can get back to the level required or whether he and his body (those bloody Hammies) have just about had enough.

The fact these 2 incumbent defenders are still under question marks heading into round 1 makes the presence of Broad and Vlastuin even more important.
Can't disagree. But Grimes lives in protected space. Balta maybe. Hard calls.

B: Grimes, Miller, Broad
HB: Vlastuin, Balta, Baker
C: McIntosh, Hopper, Pickett
HF: Martin, Riewold, Cotchin
F: Bolton, Lynch, Rioli jr
R: Nankervis, Prestia, Taranto
Int: Ryan, Rioli, Short, Graham
Sub: Ross

Emg: Mansell, Ralphsmith, Clarke, Young

EDIT: Ross told my mate he is playing (at open training today), so switch Ross and Graham.

Last edited:
Maybe Cumbo's out of form kicking keeps him out as we now have Chimp and Duz as forwards with Mozza. I've never seen Mansell kick a goal so who knows what he would be like in attack.

Maybe Cumbo's out of form kicking keeps him out as we now have Chimp and Duz as forwards with Mozza. I've never seen Mansell kick a goal so who knows what he would be like in attack.
At Cumbo finding it and having shots - Mansell played forward against North and didn’t look like getting a shot at goal

Possibly an unpopular opinion: if Mansell is going to be deployed on Docherty, I'm all in. No matter how much Hardwick wants to play the game on his terms—backing in his boys to score more than opponents who have star players racking up the possies—the game has changed (and so has Richmond's place in the natural order of things).

We can no longer allow the likes of Docherty, Neale, Steele, Simpkin, Brayshaw, etc, to run around unchecked, putting our defence under constant pressure. If Hardwick sees the need for a defensively-minded player to quieten the oppos best playmaker, it shows me he understands where our side is at. We lost a handful of games by a goal last season where this kind of move would have potentially swung the result.

If Hardwick does this and it becomes part of a new method, hats off for addressing an obvious problem. I can't tell yet if it will work, but I have a good feeling about it.

Reactions: 3 users
FF: MRJ Lynch Mansell

FF: MRJ Lynch Mansell
Short out ? not in captains run

No matter how much Hardwick wants to play the game on his terms—backing in his boys to score more than opponents who have star players racking up the possies—the game has changed
I'll go a step further and predict the likes of Zac Merrett and Rory Laird are going to find limited opportunities to run free this season. I reckon most coaches are jack of these seagulls playing unaccountable footy. Kingsley fired a shot earlier this week saying Laird would get attention. The Perryman types are back in fashion and I suspect Hardwick is just one of many coaches who won't hesitate to sit on an oppo playmaker this season.

B - Baker Grimes Balta
HB - Rioli Broad Vlaustin
C - Mcintosh Hopper Short
HF - Cumberland Martin Bolton
F - M Rioli Lynch Jack
Foll - Nank Tarranto Prestia
I/C - Cotchin Soldo Ross Clarke

Injured /lacking match fitness

Tarrant Graham Pickett Gibcus

Pickett for Clarke if ready
Graham/Ross