Round 17: The Tuesday, race 3 at Warracknabeal games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17: The Tuesday, race 3 at Warracknabeal games.

Quite happy for Collingwood to be the dominant team of the H&A season because the dominant team of the H&A season invariably doesn’t End up being the premiers.

Reactions: 2 users
Would Nick be so dominant? Absolutely. 2nd year player and probably the best going around atm. Keeps it up and he has the Brownlow in the bag. Pies only 2 losses this year. Who else is taking votes from him at the Pies?
Reckon N Daicos is the biggest factor in Collingwoods recent rise. Through the wonders of the f/s rule, Collingwood got a kid that started his career as a top 50 level player in the comp. Now in his second year he is easily top 5 level player in the comp maybe even the best.

Like us in 2016, Collingwoods 2021 looks like an exception. They were a top 8 calibre side that effectively added the best player in the comp to their list. You’d be hard pressed not to improve under those circumstances.

Reckon N Daicos is the biggest factor in Collingwoods recent rise. Through the wonders of the f/s rule, Collingwood got a kid that started his career as a top 50 level player in the comp. Now in his second year he is easily top 5 level player in the comp maybe even the best.

Like us in 2016, Collingwoods 2021 looks like an exception. They were a top 8 calibre side that effectively added the best player in the comp to their list. You’d be hard pressed not to improve under those circumstances.
Nick's arrival seems to have also improved Josh's game too.

Reactions: 1 user

a premiership side generally has

- a meteoric star kid or two (Daicos/ JHF, Butters)
- 2 established stars (Degoey, Elliot/ Wines?, Rozee?)
- a champion or AA CHB and CHF (Moore/Allir?)
- big tough ruckmen ( - / lycett)
-half a dozen mid teir players have an AA squad year (McCreary, Murphy, J Daicos, Miocheck, crisp / SPP, Finlayson?
- a tough, selfless bottom 6 who will perform any role asked of them
- a gun recruits(bobby Hill/Willy Wioli)

pies and Port have unconventional forward lines - both lack a champion KPF. but pies have them covered Elliot is a star, Cox is a finals wildcard, ash Johnson a freakish fringe player, miuochech very reliable and tough, bobby hill dangerous as *smile*)

As good as N.Daicos is, Port have them covered by the pair of aces JHF/Butters

established stars - pies comfortably

ruckmen - port comfortably

mid tier - probably a draw

bottom 6 - probably a draw? neither carrying any uber bums? (Markov? Frampton?)

gun recruits - probably a draw?

neither side would have looked strong on paper last year, port still dont

its shaping up as an intriguing GF. If I go with my ruckmen win premierships, I think Port will be hard to beat

If I go with the champion freak dusty year, its a draw

if you go with whose bottom 6 have less bums, I think Port Win - Dixon is probably their biggest spud, and he will squash 3 blokes in a GF

degoey probably the difference I reckon.

Last edited:
Yep, the kid is brilliant. Amazing disposal, hardly ever misses his target by hand or foot. Very precise. Smart, hard and fast running. Incredible maturity and match-winning creativity. He's the full package.
No. 25 at the bombers was once called the 'package' but Nick is the real deal.

It just needs a team with a good defensive mindset to squash and squeeze them more.

Right now they’re getting way too much free passage through the centre corridor, largely by letting N Daicos get easy possessions out wide and letting him hit targets back in the corridor. Ffs….is an AFL coach gonna wake up to this ?

Yes, they’ve got great foot skills and can run. But can somebody just slow the game down a bit and squeeze them ?

My fear is that really, Melbourne is the only team that can and knows how to do it, but they’ve got big problems elsewhere eg up forward.

A 2017-2020 non stand rule Richmond would have this team’s number, no doubt about it. Great defensively, cutting off the corridor…big number of forced turnovers…bang…down the other end to a potent forward line.
Adelaide can't be discounted either since they lost to the Pies twice this season by only 1 pt and 2 pts. Pies are very good but not unbeatable as we found out in 2018. Twelve weeks of footy to go and anything can happen with uncontrollables like illness, injuries and suspension.

Imagine having 3 father-sons in our side of the calibre of 2 Daicos's and Moore. Nick is an unbelievable player, 28 contested and 76% efficiency in his last 2 games. 16 tackles, 21 clearances, 940 metres gained.
It’s Geeelong all over again.

Nick's arrival seems to have also improved Josh's game too.
He is a much better player than I thought he would be

There are a number of Collingwood players who are having their best seasons and some who are fringe who seem to be playing at a level I didn't think they had. I watched a bit of the game last night and you see Noble, Cameron, Markov, McCreery, Murphy, Lipinski, Johnson and Hill all play their roles and none of them were high draft picks or cost them much.

They have some stars but much like us in 2017-20 they are supplemented by players who fit into a team and were bargain basement. Think Short, Baker, Lambert, Grigg, Houli, Nankervis, Grimes, Broad etc

Are you just basing that on a hunch based on you perceptions? Or any real substance or rumours? I've certainly never seen any team sprint hard continually through games. I'm just not sure how they can keep doing it.
Perception. Just can't fathom how they never get tired or injured (hammies) for 4 quarters. We and other teams suffer these injuries through a season, but they all seem fine. They don't look like a natural team to me. All those close wins last year.....seriously! Melbourne copied us from 2021 and looked more natural to win the flag. Fly's got a degree in psychology and has somehow hypnotised them. Even Oleg looked like a bot in last few games compared to his disposals with us and Huns.

It just needs a team with a good defensive mindset to squash and squeeze them more.

Right now they’re getting way too much free passage through the centre corridor, largely by letting N Daicos get easy possessions out wide and letting him hit targets back in the corridor. Ffs….is an AFL coach gonna wake up to this ?

Yes, they’ve got great foot skills and can run. But can somebody just slow the game down a bit and squeeze them ?

My fear is that really, Melbourne is the only team that can and knows how to do it, but they’ve got big problems elsewhere eg up forward.

A 2017-2020 non stand rule Richmond would have this team’s number, no doubt about it. Great defensively, cutting off the corridor…big number of forced turnovers…bang…down the other end to a potent forward line.
Strangely, most of the players didn't under Figgy. I suppose it shows how you build players mentally and physically with smarter coaches in Fly and Leppa. This is what angers me. We could've had a longer dynasty had they stayed after Dimma left. I was really hoping for Fly to be our next coach. Had he gone to any other club except Scumwood, I wouldn't mind what's happening now.

Agree on this.

Reactions: 1 users
More *smile* Saturday afternoon games.

AFL is killing Saturday afternoon football.

Reactions: 1 users
More *smile* Saturday afternoon games.

AFL is killing Saturday afternoon football.
You could watch the two vfl matches

At quarter time Suns are up 61-1 against Frankston and lions 54-0 against bullants. The vfl is a mess !

• Wow
  • Sad
Perception. Just can't fathom how they never get tired or injured (hammies) for 4 quarters. We and other teams suffer these injuries through a season, but they all seem fine. They don't look like a natural team to me. All those close wins last year.....seriously! Melbourne copied us from 2021 and looked more natural to win the flag. Fly's got a degree in psychology and has somehow hypnotised them. Even Oleg looked like a bot in last few games compared to his disposals with us and Huns.
Yes, they have had me wondering for the last couple of seasons. Dank hasn't been spotted sneaking out of the Lexus Centre, has he? But more likely using some more advanced 'psychology.'

• Haha
This might sounds really stupid mainly because we ain’t even in the 8, but I firmly believe we are the only team with the way we play can counter act Collingwood. Yes we have to be at our absolute best, but if we can snare a game in the finals against them, I think we can knock them off.

This might sounds really stupid mainly because we ain’t even in the 8, but I firmly believe we are the only team with the way we play can counter act Collingwood. Yes we have to be at our absolute best, but if we can snare a game in the finals against them, I think we can knock them off.

Imagine making finals and Lynch returning.

wouldn't it be sweet to flip the 2018 script on the pies....

Reactions: 3 users
Can Blandbane surpass Sydney’s humiliation of WCE ? From what I’m seeing early doors it’s a possibility. Depends on Blandbane’s energy. They might fall asleep soon. I know I will….

The Filth beating the Dogs is a good result for us, the Saints losing to the Dees will be handy, a draw between the Crows and the Bongers is probably the best result.