Round 18.... The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 18.... The Other Games

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Operation get Laird.

Use the compo pick (Ellis) and maybe our 2nd rounder next year to get him.
Or trade them Menadue and Ellis. They need runners

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not overrated, finished maybe.
He was a gun in 16-17. Marked in packs, won his own ball and most importantly he was running into both ends.

Now his lack of speed shows, he looks like he is running in 2 feet of mud.
The entire Adelaide midfield are turtles. The Crouch brothers were tackling machines, not anymore.

I reckon Adelaide are playing like a team that doesn’t really like the coach.

They are not a team they are not a unit they are not close, there is no real bond between them like there was amongst our lot in 17 and last year.

The players yell and carry on at each other more than any other side, constantly bickering tonight.

They have not recovered from 2017 they don't seem to trust each other.

We broke them.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Operation get Laird.

Use the compo pick (Ellis) and maybe our 2nd rounder next year to get him.
Or trade them Menadue and Ellis. They need runners

Actually thought Laird was pretty ordinary tonight. Essendon put a bit of work into him and he didn't always use the ball well, despite having a bit of it. Thought in some ways he was symbolic of the team's malaise.

They have Carlton and St.Kilda so will probably look secure again in a fortnight, before the Eagles in Perth, Collingwood at home and the Bulldogs at Ballarat.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good result for us: Essendon now on 10 wins and lower percentage than Richmond.

Now, winning today is non negotiable.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Crows have Douglas (32), Jacobs (31), Gibbs (30) & Otten (30) not going well enough to get a game. Then Betts (32) & Mackay (30) from tonight's tteam who will come under scrutiny. Walker (29) looks much older at times. The rest is OK but not contender material. Needs a couple of ready-made stars to keep it afloat, otherwise they concede and it's off to the draft.
They do have Carlton's pick. Although the Adelaide and Carlton picks are getting closer together as the year progresses

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yeah I've never really rated him as elite because of his lack of foot speed.

The game style since about 2016 has gone with speed to break down lines and defences.
Sloane might’ve not been a speed machine, but his all round fitness kept him noticeable throughout the game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They are not a team they are not a unit they are not close, there is no real bond between them like there was amongst our lot in 17 and last year.

The players yell and carry on at each other more than any other side, constantly bickering tonight.

They have not recovered from 2017 they don't seem to trust each other.

We broke them.

Betts is finished. If they give him another year, you know they’re screwed.
Delist/retire.. walker, Knight, Gibbs, Hartigan, Otten, Douglas, MacKay and Talia.
Massive rebuild coming up
I can’t name one quality kid on there list. Doodee?
What happened to that ‘Darling’ lookalike? Fogarty?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lloyd is going to lose his load on the Sunday footy show.
Essendon will be flag favourites
Essendon will have the best running defence
Essendon are the fittest side
Essendon can beat any side
Essendon had 43 players missing
Essendon should extend Worsfold contract till 2067

And he has worked this all out in the last 4 weeks.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
In my view, Tex Walker just doesn't cut it as a captain. Not a particularly inspiring leader, in my books. And just a touch too pleased with himself.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
In my view, Tex Walker just doesn't cut it as a captain. Not a particularly inspiring leader, in my books. And just a touch too pleased with himself.
Biggest plastic tough guy in the AFL, was all huff and puff in 2017 and we destroyed him and showed him up for what he really is and i think some of his team mates think the same

Reactions: 1 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Biggest plastic tough guy in the AFL, was all huff and puff in 2017 and we destroyed him and showed him up for what he really is and i think some of his team mates think the same
And watch him when he takes a mark. Constantly slows the play down and allows teams to push back instead of moving the ball quickly. He is a selfish player.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Yeah, he kicks the emphatic 55m, seemingly momentum changing goal about once every 3 weeks,

and it just keeps the illusion that he's inspirational simmering.

In reality, he's about as gifted and inspirational and influential as Brody Mihocheck,

which is to say he's a very handy KPF who, with a lot of luck, will be a participant in, rather than a leader to glory.

The difference between the two is Tex's boat has sailed.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I have a special respect for the very fact that we shared a gf together.

Might have felt different if we had lost!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hard to pick who I hate more but during that game i realised it was probably Adelaide, so a good result.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Walker is struggling as a player now let alone as captain . Needs his mullet back

The Crows are not a close footy team they are not a unit as we have been they are also slow and too reliant on individual efforts.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez...the Chokers playing interstate....surely not!!!

Already sucking up the gimmees too. C'mon Giants win this one!!