Round 5 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 other games

Murphy should join his mate Gibbs and retire.
Considering he was captain of the club he skirts so many contests its a joke....

Once again pick 56 Bulter is out shinning Hill.
I will continue this all year.
Hill was worth at best a 2nd rounder, not 2 first rounders.
Bedside run and carry what else does he do?
Tonight 8 touches.
The Decision to give away 2 quality picks will always come back to haunt the club.

He played for Hawthorn.

Limit Cripps and Docherty and you beat Carlton.......simples

Definitely, proven tonight. But the Aints' running and kicking game is much better than Cartoon's at present, despite all those high draft picks. The Saints looked to have invested better in young draftees and recycled players. Jack Martin is classy and Jones is standing up ok, but too many duds otherwise.

This guy Butler looks really useful for the Aints. Not sure where they grabbed him from, but could be the bargain pick-up of 2020. :(:(

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
He played for Hawthorn.

So did Angelo lekkas.
Hill and Brandon Ellis are similiar players.
I would take Ellis because Eliis will give you defensive efforts, Where Hill will avoid them.
That's why i don't understand why Ellis got us such a poor pick for compensation.
A pick between 25-30 would've appropriate.

Once again pick 56 Bulter is out shinning Hill.
I will continue this all year.
Hill was worth at best a 2nd rounder, not 2 first rounders.
Bedside run and carry what else does he do?
Tonight 8 touches.
The Decision to give away 2 quality picks will always come back to haunt the club.

I am with you on this, Zips. It now looks like we got very arrogant on this. But Rance's very late retirement decision was most likely a significant factor in this mess.

I'm not sure how 'rated' he is after missing two years with knee recos so tough to be overrated.

Before that though he was clearly amongst the very best half backs in the competition, no question.

Mann up for Ffs.
That's what defenders do.
Geary the old codger ripped him apart, because he can't defend.
Carlton looked better without him.

I am with you on this, Zips. It now looks like we got very arrogant on this. But Rance's very late retirement decision was most likely a significant factor in this mess.

100% agree on been arrogant. Big heads..
Rance burnt the club.
If we didn't have 2 flags locked away.
99% of the conversation on this forum would be,
Why did he wait so late to retire,?
Why would the club wait 2 week's after the trade and list lodgements to let him walk away.
I'm not saying like i wanted this,
But Ellis could've stayed
Bulter could've stayed.
We could've made a play for another defender.
We could've went after Crouch.
We must've been drinking alot Scotch during that time:nono

Not really, not for at least 15 years or so.

We have to agree not to agree on this one,
When you have Short stand there and wait for a team mate to tackle, while he watches Sidebottom waltz by isn't what i want from a defender.
I would go back to defenders that defend first and then do gazelle runs down the ground.
Give me a Chaffy or Torney or Kellaway any day of the week.
Stkilda played through Docherty all night, it was like the express lane to the goal line.

Butler continues to impress. Good on him.

Stkilda's leader on the coaches award.
Stkilda's leading goal kicker.
Not bad for pick 56.

****hopefully every performance he helps our next trades to be valued higher.
Short 2 first rounders
Stack picks 5 and 9

Anyone know the stats on teams winning first quarter then winning the match this year?

Off the top of my head i havent got the stat but i did hear i think yesterday that sides that lead the first quarter have gone on to win a high % of games if not all..?

Someone will correct me.

Hmmm
How much did West Coke pay for Tim Kelly?

He is even worse, 2 first rounders + a 2nd rounder.
In my eyes he was never a 2 first rounder player.
I watched him at Geelong he was good at linking up and really good at finishing but he didn't have a defensive bone in his body.
As soon as the ball would go the other way.
The white flag would go up.
West coast did an "Adelaide" (Gibbs) sell the farm, when they could've found a cheaper version elsewhere

Did you see the segment on Footy Classified when Ross Lyon took apart Kane Corne's criticism of Fyfe at a stoppage?

All players aren't created equal, nor do they have the same expectations on them.

When we are setting up defensive structures do you think it is more likely that we will put the likes of Short and Houli in positions where they have to contest, tackle, win the hard ball and distribute it, or we will ask them, as our best ball users and most ineffective physical players to take offensive positions so that they can receive the ball and have time and space to create?

Richo we will disagree on this one, especially relating to Short.
I understand roles players get, but in turn i what our defenders to do is to defend also.
Houli has been an intercept king.
Big V the same.
Ive watched Short not pressure or tackle player's, im not sure that would be called a role
As far as the knucklehead Cornes goes, pity he didn't see the 5 freo defenders goal side of Powell Pepper they could've stopped him.