Round 8 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 8 other games

Thought it was a good game in tough conditions. Gold Coast probably should have won but I think inexperience cost them. But they’re starting to looks like a footy team. Rankine is great to watch. A natural.

Yeah they are starting to look like men instead of boys and are nearly back to where McKenna had them six years ago when he got the chop. Any success they achieve is tainted for me though as they have been spoon fed until they couldn't help but succeed. Would consider supporting Collingwood over this mob in a grand final.

On the video review where Powell told the umpire he didn't touch the ball - the replay appeared to show a classic "bent finger", of the type that cost us the GWS game a few years back when Bolton's goal was denied. Casts a giant pall over the video review system for mine.

Reactions: 1 user
Might be on my own here, but I am getting sick of all of the Rankine hyperbole.

Rankine is a poor mans Shai Bolton.

Definitely getting overhyped. Exciting player, but he's missed a few crucial shots at goal.

Definitely getting overhyped. Exciting player, but he's missed a few crucial shots at goal.
You could say he cost them the game actually, kicked 1.4. Back to earth for the kid. He can miss after all. AFL is not a soda.

Spare him the media hype.

You could say he cost them the game actually, kicked 1.4. Back to earth for the kid. He can miss after all. AFL is not a soda.

Spare him the media hype.

He's quite selfish, you can see that straight out the bat. A couple of times he made completely the wrong decision when he had players in much better positions.

He's quite selfish, you can see that straight out the bat. A couple of times he made completely the wrong decision when he had players in much better positions.
Yes, too much media hype inflating his head. Saw a few failures by Suns' players to take a better option to a team-mate that resulted in no goal or points that should have been majors.
But BEllis is going real well.

He's kicked 6.9. Amid the hype he has definitely missed some pretty gettable and thus costly goals

six goals nine is not a bad return for a small forward playing his third game.

Reactions: 2 users
Might be on my own here, but I am getting sick of all of the Rankine hyperbole.

Rankine is a poor mans Shai Bolton.

Totally agree.
Over the top toooo the max.
They even showed his highlights.
A simple snap from 25 out, that he missed.
The one from 50 that should've hit king 20 out from goal.
He has a beautiful kick from a set shot i will give him that.

Seriously take Bomptemtelly and Wood out of that Footscary side, its a very ordinary team.
Caleb Daniel needs a good Towner tackle.
Where was Ken Doll this week??
Schauce or Bruce who's worse??

I like to watch him, has that air of excitement around him. I compare him to Aker and I reckon he might have a healthy ego like Aker. Saw him as the players wander around just before the bounce giving advice to them in where to stand, where to go Etc.

I've been on about this for a while. The 'bent finger' is an optical illusion on the camera a lot of the time.

I know of a few occasions where goals have been overturned based on that and the player has said later they didn't touch the ball. They are aware of it and claim touches when their hands are close in the hope of stealing one.

Yeah agree. I reckon tif they really want to do something about it they would need a camera with a very high frames per second. I think sometimes the bent finger look is just an illusion due to a low frames per second rate.

Only losses to evreyone above us and losses to Carlton and Essendon will save my weekend from here.

Don’t wish to upset anyone but I can’t stand watching Carltoon or Norf
Just terrible teams to watch