Rucking Hell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rucking Hell

UKTiger said:
My point was that Campbell has real experience at the top level for a while whereas Soldo has only had a sniff and in no game did he really excel. That said I will be very happy to see Soldo prove me and others wrong and be a top ruck

And yet he held his own against Witts in the GCS match.

Thought I'd dig this up for a more generic discussion on the rucks.

We have Nancy, Soldo, Chol, CCJ and Balta capable of rucking and all better than Andrew Browne.

Who do we pick for the finals?

Nancy our best, but as someone mentioned in the WCE selection thread, just because he's our best doesn't mean he needs to be #1 ruck. For mine Soldo 1st Ruck with Nancy as 2nd ruck / follower would be the best combo. Nancy can be trusted to contest and win balls in the air and on the ground which makes him a handy swing man.

Some interesting calls. Taz willing to swap Shedda for Nank. :eek: Lamby saying forget Prestia and Caddy. o_O

And Baloo, can we not call him Nancy?

Reactions: 2 users
Some interesting calls. Taz willing to swap Shedda for Nank. :eek: Lamby saying forget Prestia and Caddy. o_O

And Baloo, can we not call him Nancy?
saw those! not surprised by Klompys call. he usually gets them wrong, but Taz?!? that must go close to earning a retrospective ban!! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Thought a specific thread to moan about our ruck stocks makes sense as opposed to trying to separate into the various players.

How screwed are we ? iVan is a shadow. Hampson is more productive with a super model. Plasma is playing like a Princess. Big Ben, like his namesake, only chimes in once an hour.

Soldo ? Is he a realistic chance or are we living in hope ? Chol ? Will he be ready next year ?
We should get this guy at Sydney called Nankervis.

Reactions: 2 users
Thought I'd dig this up for a more generic discussion on the rucks.

We have Nancy, Soldo, Chol, CCJ and Balta capable of rucking and all better than Andrew Browne.

Who do we pick for the finals?

Nancy our best, but as someone mentioned in the WCE selection thread, just because he's our best doesn't mean he needs to be #1 ruck. For mine Soldo 1st Ruck with Nancy as 2nd ruck / follower would be the best combo. Nancy can be trusted to contest and win balls in the air and on the ground which makes him a handy swing man.

Interesting Baloo. I've always said Nank (cannot bring myself to call a Tiger legend Nancy) and Soldo can't play in the same side, but Soldo being 1st ruck could work. Where would you play Nank while Soldo is rucking, given we now have Jack and Tom down forward?

Yep, was some whispers last week, wonder if Lennon , Conca or Sheds would like Sin City ?

Would be happy to swap Sheds even though we would need to pay some of his salary
Wow....did someone hack your account Taz?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Gold thread! title and content. I do admit this is based on the fact I didn't make any clangers.

Let’s be honest. Chol and Soldo are just warming the spot for CJ.

I would be staggered if he isnt lining up with Nank in Round 1 next year.

Interesting Baloo. I've always said Nank (cannot bring myself to call a Tiger legend Nancy) and Soldo can't play in the same side, but Soldo being 1st ruck could work. Where would you play Nank while Soldo is rucking, given we now have Jack and Tom down forward?

Can we rest one of Nank, Soldo, Jack and Lynch? Would we want to? With our game plan can Soldo be taught to fill a space eliminating an avenue? All way above my head to contemplate. Byt Soldo/Nank combo sounds better than a Nank/Soldo combo

OK, so after today the question has to be who is the better 2nd ruck, Nank or Chol?

Nank for me. SolNank our Premiership winning Ruck combo

OK, so after today the question has to be who is the better 2nd ruck, Nank or Chol?

Nank for me. SolNank our Premiership winning Ruck combo

Attachments

• FA15A1BD-09F5-4863-8BE9-A22930F47855.jpeg
    FA15A1BD-09F5-4863-8BE9-A22930F47855.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: 1 user