Rucking Hell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rucking Hell

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Interesting dilemma. Can't drop Soldo now but who's the 2nd ruck bw nank chol and balta?

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Soldo was good. Would be harsh to drop him.

I just think that we lose something by playing Nank and Soldo. Neither is particularly dangerous outside of first ruck.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The emergence of Soldo Chol and CCJ has turned it into Rucking Paradise. Reckon we have possibly the best ruck stocks in the league. The good thing is we don't have to use draft picks on a ruck for a while.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If CCJ is ready for senior gigs in 2020, what do we do? Nank and Soldo are formidable

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We now have two premiership ruckman at the club and they are both under 25 - can you believe rucking is now a strength of the tigs

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If CCJ is ready for senior gigs in 2020, what do we do? Nank and Soldo are formidable
Doubt it. Still looks too raw and skinny. He has to phase in and out. Maybe a few games in the 1sts for experience next season but not permanent.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Once again, Craig McRae proves his value to the club. The development of ALL the VFL guys, particularly the ruckmen has been phenomenal.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see all 4 of Nank, Soldo, CCJ and Cholly rotated through the seniors next season, dependent on opposition and workload.

Compare that to Grundy, who will need to carry the pies for every minute of every game with constant contract discussion.

We are in great shape!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
CCJ is the #1 Ruck in the future, I don't think despite his amazing transformation in the second half of the year that Soldo can sustain that form. Nank has issues with his body and if he can sort those out he gives us a lot at the contest, you will have noticed how little we saw of Mummy throwing his weight around, Nank had a fair bit to do with that. CCJ is versatile he can intercept mark in the back half and take a mark and kick a goal too. Has good mobility too.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
CCJ could well be the #1 ruck of the future. For this to be a reality need to get him a couple of short runs of 3 to 4 games next year

As regards Soldo has improved each year. Provided he comits himself could well have a long career

Nankervis lack of height could well place him in a dangerous spot. Been a significant part of the last 2 premiership but not sure he is part of the next

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
All of our rucks are signed for at least the next year or 2 and the young'uns have very good potential.

Other clubs would be mad to not have a nibble at CCJ, Chol or Balta.

• Sad

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
All of our rucks are signed for at least the next year or 2 and the young'uns have very good potential.

Other clubs would be mad to not have a nibble at CCJ, Chol or Balta.

Rather they keep their paws off ours.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Once again, Craig McRae proves his value to the club. The development of ALL the VFL guys, particularly the ruckmen has been phenomenal.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see all 4 of Nank, Soldo, CCJ and Cholly rotated through the seniors next season, dependent on opposition and workload.

Compare that to Grundy, who will need to carry the pies for every minute of every game with constant contract discussion.

We are in great shape!
Reckon Soldo has heaps of improvement in him. I can see Soldo and CCJ as our long term ruck combo.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Reckon Soldo has heaps of improvement in him. I can see Soldo and CCJ as our long term ruck combo.
Agreed. I think we go with Soldo and Nank for 2020 with Cameo’s from CCJ and Chol. If CCJ and Chol come during the year then Nank may be looking for his 3rd club.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019

Soldo’s confidence in overhead marking in the G.F has convinced me he believes he belongs. He stays involved in games now and he’s such a big unit. Number 1 ruckman until CCJ takes it off him.

Not sure on all this talk about Chol being a ruckman. Non competitive in the air but good on the ground. Reminds me of McJesus. Plays too small around the packs unless it’s a lead up mark. Needs to at least bring it to ground but can’t read ball flight.
It’s a no from me

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Soldo will turn24 in April next year and this is usually the rule of thumb age rucks start to produce.

CCJ turns 21 in June next year.

So CCJ can hold down no 1 ruck in the VFL for all of next year and maybe 2021. Give him a couple more games in the top level in 2020 and then even more in 2021. We have time to make sure he is fully developed in the role.

In addition to this Jack turns 31 at the end of this month so by 2022 the end for him is approaching fast. CCJ can step into the 2nd ruck/forward role

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Soldo will turn24 in April next year and this is usually the rule of thumb age rucks start to produce.

CCJ turns 21 in June next year.

So CCJ can hold down no 1 ruck in the VFL for all of next year and maybe 2021. Give him a couple more games in the top level in 2020 and then even more in 2021. We have time to make sure he is fully developed in the role.

In addition to this Jack turns 31 at the end of this month so by 2022 the end for him is approaching fast. CCJ can step into the 2nd ruck/forward role
It’s well and good to say he can stay in the VFL for another two years.
But if the kid is ready just play him or he will walk home to south Australia.

Reactions: 2 users