Saddam sentenced to the old noose and drop | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Saddam sentenced to the old noose and drop

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
mb64 said:
Phantom said:
Must say, not happy about capital punishment regardless of who it may be.
You have to be joking.How could you not want this man dead after all he has done.

I would preferred he rot in some bunker somewhere...in the dark, bread and water...give him time to appreciate his crimes before he shoots off to hell. But that's immaterial. The world is a better place now.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
mb64 said:
Phantom said:
You have to be joking.How could you not want this man dead after all he has done.

All he has done will never be really known - because the court he was tried in was a Kangaroo Court set up by the Iraq & US Governments. If he had of been tried under a World Court trial the real truth would have surfaced.

And

If his dealings were as bad as we are lead to believe the World Court justice would have been seen by all as being even handed - as it stands now it just appears to be retribution from the new Iraq and old US Governments - which will incite Saddam's followers even more. Expect civil war in Iraq to increase!

Violence begets violence - and this verdict from a kangaroo court will just fuel the tribal warefare of the middle east, IMO........

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
I still think many fail to understand the divide in Arab politics.

I sniggered when the news report announced that security organisations around the world went on high alert leading up to the execution of Saddam Hussein.

With what I've learnt about Arab politics over the last 3 years, clearly Saddam Hussein & Al Queda terrorism are poles apart. Saddam was a Sunni, a wayward one, and represented Sunni domination of the Middle East. This led to the oppression of the Shi'ites and other minorities.

World terrorism belongs to the Shi'ites, not the Sunnis. There was no threat to world security today, the Shi'ites were too busy celebrating.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
RemoteTiger said:
mb64 said:
Phantom said:

All he has done will never be really known - because the court he was tried in was a Kangaroo Court set up by the Iraq & US Governments. If he had of been tried under a World Court trial the real truth would have surfaced.

And

If his dealings were as bad as we are lead to believe the World Court justice would have been seen by all as being even handed - as it stands now it just appears to be retribution from the new Iraq and old US Governments - which will incite Saddam's followers even more. Expect civil war in Iraq to increase!

Violence begets violence - and this verdict from a kangaroo court will just fuel the tribal warefare of the middle east, IMO........
If the US were really the great Satan people paint them to be then Saddam would never have gotten out the spiderhole. The troops would have shot him there and then and claimed that he attacked them so they had to shoot back. Iraq is unlikely to get any better or worse just because this poor excuse for a human being is no longer stealing our oxygen.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Good riddance....one down, and a few more to go....if you ask me.

Can't believe the bleeding hearts and do-gooders on here who are complaining about this just execution of one of the most evil men of the last 100 years, right up there with Hitler, Pol-Pot, Idi-Amin, etc.

I urge these people to have a read of the link below, and tell me, if any of the following crimes happened against you or your loved ones, would you want this man to live?

http://www.iraqfoundation.org/hr/2002/cdec/irdp.pdf

The mistake the Americans made in all this was to have this "trial' in the first place.
It would have been simpler and all forgotten by now, if the soldiers had 'shot him in self defence' when they found him in the hole, crawled up like the rat that he is (was).

As for Iraq getting worse with the news filtering through of Hussein's execution.....what a load of garbage.
More Iraqi citizens have been killed by al-Qaeda extremists and because of the rivalry between Sunnis/Shiites, than the Americans, Poms, Aussies, and the rest of the Coalition joined together....and the violence won't subside overnight, but I don't think it can get any worse either, just because Hussein has been executed.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
LidsandBling said:
im tipping violence to escalate dramatically in iraq

I imagine so.

Iraq is in political vacuum.
Al Queda / Shi'ites will see it as a great opportunity to dominate another sovereign nation, just as they do Iran & Syria already.

Personally, I'd hope for a pious Sunni to come to the fore in Iraq.
Must be one needle in a haystack.
Ha! Who am I kidding?

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:
RemoteTiger said:
mb64 said:
Phantom said:

And

If the US were really the great Satan people paint them to be then Saddam would never have gotten out the spiderhole. The troops would have shot him there and then and claimed that he attacked them so they had to shoot back. Iraq is unlikely to get any better or worse just because this poor excuse for a human being is no longer stealing our oxygen.

but then they could not have displayed their trophy and we would have been spared the whole masquerade that was the trial

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Liverpool said:
As for Iraq getting worse with the news filtering through of Hussein's execution.....what a load of garbage.

i suggest you watch the news over the next 12 months then

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Liverpool said:
Good riddance....one down, and a few more to go....if you ask me.

Can't believe the bleeding hearts and do-gooders on here who are complaining about this just execution of one of the most evil men of the last 100 years, right up there with Hitler, Pol-Pot, Idi-Amin, etc.

I urge these people to have a read of the link below, and tell me, if any of the following crimes happened against you or your loved ones, would you want this man to live?

http://www.iraqfoundation.org/hr/2002/cdec/irdp.pdf

The mistake the Americans made in all this was to have this "trial' in the first place.
It would have been simpler and all forgotten by now, if the soldiers had 'shot him in self defence' when they found him in the hole, crawled up like the rat that he is (was).

More Iraqi citizens have been killed by al-Qaeda extremists and because of the rivalry between Sunnis/Shiites, than the Americans, Poms, Aussies, and the rest of the Coalition joined together....and the violence won't subside overnight, but I don't think it can get any worse either, just because Hussein has been executed.

Careful there Liverpool - ya red neck is showing! As for being a bleeding  heart - I pass on that - I believe Saddam would have been found guilty under any reasonable court of law - and - he has met his just deserves. However this was a chance to set up a legal system through the world courts that could have covered the whole world for animals like this barbaric creature. But no the new Iraq Government wanted a swift and quick retribution and the US saw it as scoring quick points on the home front.

Now because of this kangaroo court - the Shi'ites can justly claim their leader was executed by their enemies whereas under a World Court they would have seen their leader was dealt with under a regime that was supported by the UN and hence the world. No recall or backlash could be justified towards their enemies.

Your policy of shoot him and it will have been all forgotten by now - is bluntly crap - this tribal conflict has been exasurbated by violence for over 1000 years - stop the violence by bringing in a justice system that the world supports and maybe - no guarantees - the violence may subside over the next 2 or 3 generations of the Iraq people.

But now we just have more blood spilt - that has to be revenged.

I thought Geoffery Robinsons idea of incarcerating Saddam for the rest of his life in a prison in the UK would have spelt more agony to the Shi'ites than making the prick a martyr like they have.

So lets just keep sending more troops over there and keep shooting the bastards - so they can hate us more and through that hate create more terrorist cells throughout the world. Lets feed them with more reasons to come to our shores and commit heinous acts against innocent people.

Had a World Court legal system been created to handle Saddam it could also have been used for those who have and are perpetrating similar acts in Africa, Central Europe and Northern Asia - but hang on - there is no oil there so trigger happy Georgey Bush is not interested - apologies for the sarcasim!

The Yanks have *smile* up - your mate Little Johnny Howard has followed blindly and will pay for it either at the next election or in the words of historians - either way it will be a black spot on his political career.

Current Australian Foreign Policy has placed us in a position none of us really want to be - we were always seen as the arbitrator - the people who extended a hand of comfort to those in need. But through John Howard (there is a terrorist on every boat load of refugees) wanting to emulate Pig Iron Bob Menzies of the 1950s (there is a Red under every Bed) through a scare campaign that has people believing a Conservative Government has a better handle on National Security we are now a larger target for terrorists. (To many intelligence experts are agreeing to this now for it not to be true!)

The quicker the Australian People get rid of John Howard and replace him with either Peter Costello or even a change of Government the better................

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Anduril said:
At least he was captured, charged, tried in a court of law, (ie due process) and punished.

Unlike some.

I agree.

Hicks should have been tried by the same court as Hussein, then we wouldn't be talking about him now at all.

For someone who was fighting against our own troops, with another Government, backed by a terrorist group.....I'm stunned by the level of compassion this cretin is getting from some people.

Firsty, why was he there in Afghanistan?
Do you think he was there on a sightseeing tour?

Secondly, he was captured doing what?
Taking happy snaps around Kabul?

Thirdly, the Yanks got him and transported him to Guantonamo.
Why, because he got on the wrong tour bus?

Finally, the Yanks have kept him this long.
And what would they (and the Australian Government) gain by keeping an innocent man, this long?
Because he didn't send them a postcard and a t-shirt?

C'mon get real people!

As far as I'm concerned, the longer he is stuck over there, that's one less moronic traitor/terrorist/mercenary we have here.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Doesn't matter what he is alleged to have done. (Or perceived to have done in the eyes of some myopic people.)
To keep a man in locked up for 5 years without charge, let alone the semblance of a trial, is indecent to say the least. Contradicts the basic prinicples of justice.

Even the US citizens who were remaindered have been tried in US courts.

End of discussion.