Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
Sampson was most impressive yesterday. Somehow, to me he seems to possess that elusive quality… composure. He consistently marked the greasy ball, that others were fumbling and he appears to be an accurate kick for goal.

Last year’s AFL match should be forgotten, He now needs heaps of encouragement.
He and Noah Cumberland have had plenty of experience teaming together on the forward line.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
This budding young star is really having an excellent season at VFL level.

Tracking a long way ahead of schedule than we would have expected.

With Lynch back he may not get his promotion, but getting close surely.

Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Get him in for Soldo regardless.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
He will surely come in once it's statistically impossible to make finals. It will be the same for Sam Banks and Tom Brown. They need AFL games to accelerate their development.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It was clear from Fridays game that Soldo will be our number 1 ruck moving forward.
Not sur about that. I reckon Soldo rucked most of Friday cos A) They wanted to give Nank a bit of a rest, while still playing him, and B)If one of our rucks was going to play mostly forward Nank is by far the better option, than Soldo.

I doubt Ryan will get a game now Lynch is back, but his progress is great to see. Hopefully by 2024 he will be an imposing AFL ruckman.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sur about that. I reckon Soldo rucked most of Friday cos A) They wanted to give Nank a bit of a rest, while still playing him, and B)If one of our rucks was going to play mostly forward Nank is by far the better option, than Soldo.

I doubt Ryan will get a game now Lynch is back, but his progress is great to see. Hopefully by 2024 he will be an imposing AFL ruckman.

Geez if Nank was the better option forward, how bad would Soldo have been!!

Nanks best qualities have never been forward, if he plays it should be back rather than forward as he has a great knack of falling into the defensive pockets to take intercept marks.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Nank cant jump or run. But hey lets keep playing him.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Nank cant jump or run. But hey lets keep playing him.
True. Nank can't run or jump, but he is still a better forward option than Soldo. An even better option would have been the Jack Dyer statue, but that was a bit to heavy to move.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

He is underrated amongst the pre-fraternity. Maybe they are still thinking about his first game!

But this kid has all the tools to play AFL. Right now for me he plays.

End The Farce.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
OH BOY!!!!!! We've finally found taller Andy Collins.

Yeah am all chips in on the big fella.

What he's doing now at 206cm in his second year is excellent.

He's starting to one grab his marks, throws his body around, follows up his work, moves well, kicks fine and good below his knees.

But best of all is his mindset. Watched him up close at a couple of huddles at VFL level this year and his leadership and and voice is outstanding. Is confident and demanding of his teammates in a good way. That a great quality in a young and still skinny ruck.

He's 3 to 4 years away from getting near his ceiling, but by then reckon he can be in the top 3 to 4 rucks in the league.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Yeah am all chips in on the big fella.

What he's doing now at 206cm in his second year is excellent.

He's starting to one grab his marks, throws his body around, follows up his work, moves well, kicks fine and good below his knees.

But best of all is his mindset. Watched him up close at a couple of huddles at VFL level this year and his leadership and and voice is outstanding. Is confident and demanding of his teammates in a good way. That a great quality in a young and still skinny ruck.

He's 3 to 4 years away from getting near his ceiling, but by then reckon he can be in the top 3 to 4 rucks in the league.

He is tracking well. But he's not exactly a 2nd year. He will be 22 at the start of next year.

We know rucks develop later and 22 to.23 is when they need to start showing something at AFL level. Still up in the air.

Reactions: 1 users