Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Agree. Highlights serious flaws with Academy and father-son systems. No club that plays finals should be getting top 5 quality talent for free. Dogs did it did it twice, in consecutive years.

We cant blame The AFL for our champs having no Y chromosomes.

Wait a minute, anyone remember Hockings Benzene Factory on punt road back in the 70's?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Would like to see him play round one, I hope they’re not saving Ryan…privately.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dimma has the saying "one game in the seniors is worth 50 in the VFL" we can all agree that the cold wintery night in mid July last year was not the case for Samson, he was the lone wolf thrown in way too early in atrocious conditions, the zero zero stat line was just a complete wipe and should be seen as such.

It's time, the new saying, "second game ;) in the seniors is worth 50 in the VFL", I want it to happen.

Dimma before the Carlton game:

“We‘ve got some really exciting guys, Samson Ryan we thought had an incredible pre-season"

Get him in, what's to lose?, only a game of footy and i can handle that if this kid benefits.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Dimma has the saying "one game in the seniors is worth 50 in the VFL" we can all agree that the cold wintery night in mid July last year was not the case for Samson, he was the lone wolf thrown in way too early in atrocious conditions, the zero zero stat line was just a complete wipe and should be seen as such.

It's time, the new saying, "second game ;) in the seniors is worth 50 in the VFL", I want it to happen.

“We‘ve got some really exciting guys, Samson Ryan we thought had an incredible pre-season"

Get him in, what's to lose?, only a game of footy and i can handle that if this kid benefits.
Who you dropping? One of the forwards or Miller has to go right? :unsure:
Miller goes, the defence will be short until Gibcus and Tarrant come in.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Who you dropping? One of the forwards or Miller has to go right? :unsure:
Miller goes, the defence will be short until Gibcus and Tarrant come in.
I tried to answer your question but my head hurts ;) :)
I'll have to give it some thought.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I tried to answer your question but my head hurts ;) :)
I'll have to give it some thought.
I'll help, maybe a Mansell out for Ryan, Ross out for Sonsie.

Ryan to start and help Nank in the ruck and go up forward.

You can then add Sonsie's run and skills after half-time/3rd quarter for let's say Marlion/Cotchin? :)

Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I'll help, maybe a Mansell out for Ryan, Ross out for Sonsie.

Ryan to start and help Nank in the ruck and go up forward.

You can then add Sonsie's run and skills after half-time/3rd quarter for let's say Marlion/Cotchin? :)
Yes. Something like this.

I don't think we need to go like for like. Our structure is weird. We are loaded up with mids. A lot of whom are playing forward. We are also playing more than the usual number of half back flanker types. I think one can go for Ryan.

Probably Short, Mansell or (I feel sick saying it) Cotchy. But if it's one Jack or Cotch out, and Cotchy is being judged as a forward, then that's the way it has to be.

On thursday we had these mids:

Graham Ross Hopper Taranto Dusty Cotchin Prestia Bolton

With three of them in the forward line.

Half back flankers:

Baker Rioli Short Mansell

With two of them up the ground.

That's an unusual demographic. I reckon we look better balanced with one more tall and one fewer mid/flanker.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I can see a world in which Balta is dropped for Ryan.

Adelaide isn't particularly tall up front ... at a guess, Himmelberg is their tallest. Then there's Walker and Fogerty. A combo of Grimes, Miller, Vlastuin and Broad handles that lot. Ryan comes in and takes the relief rucking duties while Miller sticks to Himmelberg.

The second part of this equation is what the forward line looks like. Riewoldt was clearly playing higher up the field at times, so there is ample space in the F50 for Ryan with Lynch. Doedee, Butts and Dawson will be their defensive pillars and I like our chances if we play tall against them.

• Wow

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Something else I'll say for Ryan, in his game on the weekend, he was very good when the ball hit the ground.

I think two of his goals were snaps in play. He set up another through link play too.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Totally agree with all that, by the way it was 2021.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
we can all agree that the cold wintery night in mid July last year was not the case for Samson, he was the lone wolf thrown in way too early in atrocious conditions, the zero zero stat line was just a complete wipe and should be seen as such.
It's forgotten that he was injured early in that game and subbed off.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
The train is building.

Not much room left on it for the Ron Jeremy's.

It's about to depart the station.

All aboard!

• Haha

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Forward line doesn’t need another tall, absurd proposition.

Train still in the yard.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Still think he needs to work on his forward craft. He has some nice skills below the knees and has kicked a few opportunistic goals snapping some ground balls.

I dont see him leading out very often and mostly see him waving to kick it on top of his defenders head to reach over the top and mark.

I dont think he will get those opportunities often in the seniors

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This is McBean 2.0.
Well I dunno if he is or not, but having legendary curser and picker of all things wrong Nobet Pays spruiking him certainly doesn’t help. Poor bugger is up against it for that alone.

• Haha