Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Is Sampson Ryan the best under 22 ruck forward in the league
Who looks better ?

Has Paul salmon vibes but a longer kick

Could not have been more impressive

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Is Sampson Ryan the best under 22 ruck forward in the league
Who looks better ?

Has Paul salmon vibes but a longer kick

Could not have been more impressive
Let's not get carried away.
But he does has a perfect opportunity this week against a very small back 6 for Collingwood

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Jayden Post
Tom Derrickx
Reece Mackenzie
Callum Moore

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Was impressive and could be a real weapon, but offers absolutely zero defensively.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wasn’t sure he had the hoof , did it easy

Never in doubt, Samson didn't even think of passing it, regularly covers that distance at training, he is a very, very good kick both field and goal for a big man, (a couple of practice match anomalies aside).
This bodes very well for the future, in time I still see him as a ruckman who will be dangerous resting forward but he certainly made a good fist of predominantly fwd role.
Will be interesting as Dimma said of our taller forward line, something like, "at various times it looked really really good and others a bit sloppy and cumbersome so we will work our way through that"

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Credit to our often maligned recruiting staff who saw something in Ryan no other club did and took a chance with a late second rounder. Brisbane in particular might be asking questions internally given he was in their Academy program.

It’s early days but the 2020 draft is shaping as a pretty average batch but for us with only two picks, we appear to have found two pretty handy players in a Ryan and Rioli Jnr.

Reactions: 1 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Never in doubt, Samson didn't even think of passing it, regularly covers that distance at training, he is a very, very good kick both field and goal for a big man, (a couple of practice match anomalies aside).
This bodes very well for the future, in time I still see him as a ruckman who will be dangerous resting forward but he certainly made a good fist of predominantly fwd role.
Will be interesting as Dimma said of our taller forward line, something like, "at various times it looked really really good and others a bit sloppy and cumbersome so we will work our way through that"
I think the only thing that is holding him back from being a starting ruck is his tank is not yet developed. He currently blows up too easily.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
who is better?

Give me some names

Luke Jackson comfortably ahead, are the King boys under 22 still?

Ryan Samson will be snapping at their heels before long if he keeps building on that game though. I'd read here that he has excellent hands and it was spot on, looks a great kick as well.

If he can hold his own in the ruck this year then it would be huge.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Luke Jackson comfortably ahead, are the King boys under 22 still?

Ryan Samson will be snapping at their heels before long if he keeps building on that game though. I'd read here that he has excellent hands and it was spot on, looks a great kick as well.

If he can hold his own in the ruck this year then it would be huge.
On current form Jackson can’t get near it. Must be that big contract tied to his neck.

Reactions: 1 users