Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think the only thing that is holding him back from being a starting ruck is his tank is not yet developed. He currently blows up too easily.
Still a long way from full time ruck.
Was tremendous at centre bounces often getting first hand on.
Was easily shifted in around the ground ball ups and throw ins.
If he was #1 ruck this year the bad guys would have 60 points from stoppages

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Luke Jackson comfortably ahead, are the King boys under 22 still?

Ryan Samson will be snapping at their heels before long if he keeps building on that game though. I'd read here that he has excellent hands and it was spot on, looks a great kick as well.

If he can hold his own in the ruck this year then it would be huge.

You certainly did read on here how excellent
Only played two games in a new team, he'll be ok. Ryan was on the podium for worst footballer in history a game ago. ;)

Not with the smart followers ;)

Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
SAMSON!

There have been heaps of blokes kick a goal with their first kick in league footy, probably plenty with their first two, maybe even a few with their first three. But I reckon none with their first three - in their second game. And did he kick the goal in the last when we needed it? From 50? Did he what. Made of the right stuff. Get onboard.

What behind the goals vision and other data will tell the MC is whether the three talls (plus Dusty and Cotch) made it too easy for Adelaide to outrun us in the third, but the spacing and one-out opportunities all three got warmed an old key forward's heart. What did they kick - 8 between them? Take that every week.
Pretty sure Cotch was a goal with his first kick but as for multiples in relatively recent times
1679876353412.png

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I'd hear thru a physio the Jurica was a lovely person but his body let him down and we didn't see the best of him by a long shot

Don't Argue "gold" well he did end up playing for Sovereign Hill :)

• Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Leysy found him first but anyway…..

“I thought we found a kid today . . . Samson Ryan,” Hardwick said in his post-game press conference.

“He took some big marks and kicked three big goals and was probably unlucky a couple of other times not to get some free kicks, because he’s that tall.

“If we can just get them into his game, that’d be a great result.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1291770/ryan-s-ripping-return

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The Undroppable: Samson Ryan

The 22-year-old looked much more equipped as an AFL player in his second outing.

Ryan has put on a bit of size over the off-season (and plenty more since his 2021 debut) and seems more comfortable at the elite level.

That showed in his output against the Crows.

The 206cm Ryan finished with three goals including a crucial set shot from 50 in the tense final term. He also took four marks (two contested) and helped out in the ruck.

While his overall numbers weren’t huge, his presence could help the Richmond forward line stretch some smaller opposition defences.

Source: SEN

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
On current form Jackson can’t get near it. Must be that big contract tied to his neck.
Footy's fairly easy when there's a bunch of premium elite players on big shekels drawing all the heat and enabling ya to just rummage around n do your own thang.
*smile* gets way harder when all of a sudden you are being payed the big shekels and expected to be the premium elite and drawing all the heat onto yourself.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Still a long way from full time ruck.
Was tremendous at centre bounces often getting first hand on.
Was easily shifted in around the ground ball ups and throw ins.
If he was #1 ruck this year the bad guys would have 60 points from stoppages
Couple more years yet for Delilah to grow some core power. Nothing wrong with him being a handy deep forward n part time ruck in the meantime though.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Couple more years yet for Delilah to grow some core power. Nothing wrong with him being a handy deep forward n part time ruck in the meantime though.
Agreed. There were suggestions he could ruck fulltime now.
And a couple of months ago suggestions to trade Soldo as Ryan is an adequate backup.
Maybe in time but as of now he is a handy part timer.
And needs to develop a stronger core over the next 700-1000 days

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The Undroppable: Samson Ryan

The 22-year-old looked much more equipped as an AFL player in his second outing.

Ryan has put on a bit of size over the off-season (and plenty more since his 2021 debut) and seems more comfortable at the elite level.

That showed in his output against the Crows.

The 206cm Ryan finished with three goals including a crucial set shot from 50 in the tense final term. He also took four marks (two contested) and helped out in the ruck.

While his overall numbers weren’t huge, his presence could help the Richmond forward line stretch some smaller opposition defences.

Source: SEN
He really let me down !!

I had him kicking 5 goals and no reason why he couldnt , Just needed to work harder and demand the ball more

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
We could try rotating Samson with Cumberland from the bench. Would screw opposition defences having to man a beanstalk and then an attacking small.