Season opener | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season opener

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
The afl when they announced the Dogs v Demons game said it would be one of the biggest crowd pulling games of the year.
I’ve got a bet with a doggie mate they won’t break 60,000 especially on a Wednesday night.
I hope the blues show a bit of form in the preseason and bring all there supporters out to witness another “false dawn” and get smashed by us in round1 in front of 80,000 plus crowd. Not to mention another 100,000 membership and send a message to Gil and the rest of the afl

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
The afl when they announced the Dogs v Demons game said it would be one of the biggest crowd pulling games of the year.
I’ve got a bet with a doggie mate they won’t break 60,000 especially on a Wednesday night.
I hope the blues show a bit of form in the preseason and bring all there supporters out to witness another “false dawn” and get smashed by us in round1 in front of 80,000 plus crowd. Not to mention another 100,000 membership and send a message to Gil and the rest of the afl
A Demons home game. Unfurling a flag some 50plus years in the making after a GF played interstate. They will get a crowd.
Although we don't need any of that crap, we can pull a crowd just by being the Mighty Tigers! Bunch of f'n legends the lot of us.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
100% they won't go near 70k.
No one barracks for Footscary and the Melbourne tossers won't turn up mid week.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
A Demons home game. Unfurling a flag some 50plus years in the making after a GF played interstate. They will get a crowd.
Although we don't need any of that crap, we can pull a crowd just by being the Mighty Tigers! Bunch of f'n legends the lot of us.
I did have a chuckle the other week. On the news the AFL hoped for a crowd of 80,000 for that game, but predicted a bigger crowd the following night. The AFL predicted a bigger crowd for a match between last years 12th & 13th placed teams over a season opening game between last years grand finalists :LOL:

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bandwagoners will be the maximum fans there.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The nursing homes will be emptied, 60 years of waiting for a flag n they'll be shuffling in from everywhere for one last moment of glory before they leave permanently.

• Haha

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I remember when @Rosy used to express disappointment (feign disappointment? :devilish:) when our opponents couldn't put their best side on the park. She wanted us to win with no question mark over the result.

But after our wretched run with injury last year, I reckon even she would be happy with Walsh being unavailable. We need the injury gods on our side this year.

Not good for my initial Fantasy squad, though. Walsh was a lock.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Poor Carlscum, there best player unavailable for their Grand final. Footy can be a *smile* sometimes.

• Haha

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Dislike coming up against sides when their best player is out. It takes the pressure off them and they play like they have nothing to lose, as they are expected to lose, and often win.

• Sad

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Oscar Allen Weagles out three months in a moon boot foot fracture. Aint the only one there with Cripps shoulder pectoral muscle torn requiring surgery.

• Wow

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Oscar Allen Weagles out three months in a moon boot foot fracture. Aint the only one there with Cripps shoulder pectoral muscle torn requiring surgery.
With Novax Darling still on the fence, things aren't looking good for Simpson's team as I reckon they will slide this season and he probably gets sacked.

• Love

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Entire forward line MIA.
Darling Kennedy Cripps
Ryan Allen Rioli

No Darling No Allen No Cripps

• Haha

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Dislike coming up against sides when their best player is out. It takes the pressure off them and they play like they have nothing to lose, as they are expected to lose, and often win.
Any stats to back that up? Not sure we did that well once dusty wasn’t playing.

• Haha