Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Looks a shell of his former shelf. His entire game is built around cutting in traffic, changing direction and moving like he's in the Matrix. You can't underestimate how much an ankle would set him back. Could be time to send him out to prepare for the slim chance of finals and more importantly, next year.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If he wasn't concussed he'll play this week. He did look to be moving ok. Not exactly vintage Titch. It'll have to do for now.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Looks a shell of his former shelf. His entire game is built around cutting in traffic, changing direction and moving like he's in the Matrix. You can't underestimate how much an ankle would set him back. Could be time to send him out to prepare for the slim chance of finals and more importantly, next year.
I hit my thumb about 2 months ago and it still hurts today.
These blokes arent machine's.
He hasn't recovered.
At least he fked over Bulters and Durrrrrsama this year. With Shane Edwards tackles.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jeebus that seems like an eternity ago now.

Geez it’s been a s**t year.
Exactly that was only 3 months ago but feels like 3 years ago.
I still reckon that game we played our best.
We tackled and smashed them.
The umpires *smile* us that night

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Looked ok but when the team aint firing as of the past he is just not getting opportunities to be the Titch of Olde. He aint the only one.

blofield

Tiger Cub
Jul 20, 2005
A couple of bright patches for Shedda that helped get us back in the game but he's still well below his best. Been a spluttering year for the champ.
Even allowing for injuries - the champ has been in major decline(due to age) this year - a mere shadow of his former brilliant self.
Doesn't appear he has the capacity to spend major periods of time on ball going forward. Dow is the future.
If he can pinch hit a couple of goals in the forward line each week next year - it will be great. An upgrade on Castagna.
He started his trade as a goalkicking forward - Looks like he'll finish his stellar career that way.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He got a snickers at half time and went from Shank to Shed

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Can't walk. Watches most of the game. Anybody got any insights?
Yeah he's had a very poor year. Was thinking how poor he's been recently. Can't remember one good game he had this year. He's had injuries but has he fallen off the cliff body wise? When's he contracted to?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah he's had a very poor year. Was thinking how poor he's been recently. Can't remember one good game he had this year. He's had injuries but has he fallen off the cliff body wise? When's he contracted to?
Looks like it’s been the ankle that caused him to miss six Uber the course of the year, Harry. And Summa says it’s still a problem.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Can't walk. Watches most of the game. Anybody got any insights?
He cant be right and isn't, I don't think. There was one piece of play in the 3rd quarter v GWS where the ball bounced in front of him and he chased it down but the champ just totally looked like he was running up and down on the spot doing so. He then got hold of it and absolutely butchered it with a sore and tired effort after.

Whether or not he plays this week, that might tell you a bit about his health status.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Simple as multiple injuries leading to lack of fitness and form. If he gets a good preseason let's see, always saw him as one of our most durable.

And let's be honest, the boys chucked in the towel about 8 weeks ago, Lions game excepted. They haven't been playing for dimma or anyone else since then.

Reactions: 1 users