Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Came back played every game back hobbled by that ankle by the sound of it no surprise considering his impact and output.

Edwards played injured.

Nank played injured

Cotchin played hobbled.

Dave played first half of the season nursing Achilles tendinitis

Lynch played most of his games injured.

Lambert, Vlastuin and Prestia in and out with soft tissue injuries.

Tiger King Kidney

Balta Syndesmosis

Broad Syndesmosis

Bash Syndesmosis.

Soldo setbacks with ACL

What a shithouse year ....seriously

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Came back played every game back hobbled by that ankle by the sound of it no surprise considering his impact and output.

Edwards played injured.

Nank played injured

Cotchin played hobbled.

Lambert and Prestia in and out with soft tissue injuries.

Tiger King Kidney

Balta Syndesmosis

Broad Syndesmosis

Bash Syndesmosis.

We really should be telling any player with any form of injury to start rehab now. No training and no game this weekend. The more of a break the fellas get, the better they can come back in 2022.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Edwards played injured.

Nank played injured

Cotchin played hobbled.

Lambert and Prestia in and out with soft tissue injuries.

Tiger King Kidney

Balta Syndesmosis

Broad Syndesmosis

Bash Syndesmosis.

You get injured when you're not at peak fitness and push your body to compete. The loss of Rob Innes has had an impact and hopefully we're looking at this.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
You get injured when you're not at peak fitness and push your body to compete. The loss of Rob Innes has had an impact and hopefully we're looking at this.
Yep losing Innes and not having anywhere near enough preparation had us behind the 8 ball before we even got started.

Last edited:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He cant be right and isn't, I don't think. There was one piece of play in the 3rd quarter v GWS where the ball bounced in front of him and he chased it down but the champ just totally looked like he was running up and down on the spot doing so. He then got hold of it and absolutely butchered it with a sore and tired effort after.

Whether or not he plays this week, that might tell you a bit about his health status.

Long story about the ankle on the website now. He was definitely badly hoppled for the last few weeks. He's got a nice rest coming up.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He cant be right and isn't, I don't think. There was one piece of play in the 3rd quarter v GWS where the ball bounced in front of him and he chased it down but the champ just totally looked like he was running up and down on the spot doing so. He then got hold of it and absolutely butchered it with a sore and tired effort after.

Whether or not he plays this week, that might tell you a bit about his health status.
You picked it Redfords

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You picked it Redfords
Think we might have a similar situation with Lynch Willos. Knee issue and Volar Plate reco on the finger I suspect …which are an absolute *smile* sometimes (TBR would know what I’m talking about there).

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Edwards has had a year to forget
he’s had the ankle early in the year
and first game back got it caught under him
and it 2 separate games got heavily banged up
and the ankle issue has raised its head again
he had no hope of regaining true form and fitness

its like its mirrorEd the team
rest up Shed and hope to see your best dance moves next year

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Congrats to Shane on AFL life membership. Hope he manages to stay injury free this season and get to the 300 club at RFC
19 games, I think. That 300+ club at Richmond stayed at 3 for far too long until Jack made its membership 4. Shane deserves to be its 5th member.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
19 games, I think. That 300+ club at Richmond stayed at 3 for far too long until Jack made its membership 4. Shane deserves to be its 5th member.
Wayne Campbell stiff at 297 games

Can Cotchin play 16 games this and next year to get there??

Dusty should play for a while yet. Could get to 350. Depending on how loan Jack goes on this would make Dusty #2 on all time Richmond games played

• Wow

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i was thinking it would be pretty rare that a club would draft 2 guys in the 1 draft who would go on to play 300 games for that club.
but 3 clubs could achieve that from the 2006 draft- the cats already have, we are close, and Port need Gray to play for another 2-3 seasons.

the Hawks and Cats both had 2 in 2001- the Cats would have 3 if GAblett didn't take the money and run up north for a few years.

The Lions had Power and Black in 1997.

I think that is it.

Evidence suggests of you can do it you will win plenty of premiership. or be Port Adelaide.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Wayne Campbell stiff at 297 games

Can Cotchin play 16 games this and next year to get there??

Dusty should play for a while yet. Could get to 350. Depending on how loan Jack goes on this would make Dusty #2 on all time Richmond games played
Kornes said on the radio this week that he could see Dusty playing until his mid to late 30’s and nudging the 400 game milestone.

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Kornes said on the radio this week that he could see Dusty playing until his mid to late 30’s and nudging the 400 game milestone.

He’s extremely durable. And if we do play him in that Lethal like forward role later in his career every chance he gets there. Hope he sticks around for another contract.

Not lost on me that at one point a lot of mates didn’t think shedda was going to make it. Fair bit of credit to Dimma making him a proper mid. He’s been a bloody star for us and we miss him badly when he isn’t playing. Congrats Shane. Well deserved.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Damn, he's f***ed now.

He’s extremely durable. And if we do play him in that Lethal like forward role later in his career every chance he gets there. Hope he sticks around for another contract.

Not lost on me that at one point a lot of mates didn’t think shedda was going to make it. Fair bit of credit to Dimma making him a proper mid. He’s been a bloody star for us and we miss him badly when he isn’t playing. Congrats Shane. Well deserved.

Aah, Shedda is truly a star, so creative, love the way he plays.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Damn, he's f***ed now.

Aah, Shedda is truly a star, so creative, love the way he plays.

DS

How good is he when we’re in transition and he just unlocks a forward entry with a short kick or handball (dare I say it, the look-away handball).

Just a classy player and doesn’t mind sticking his head over it either.

Reactions: 2 users