Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Worst 16 games in a row ive seen...does absolutley nothing amymors.....absolutly hates tackling to..whats this crap about not chasing ever ? Or stopping to prop rather than tackle ???....i once loved sheddA to

Reactions: 1 user

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
I'm not sure how we expect to play finals when we are playing Aarts, Castagna and trying to nurse Edwards to 300 games?

Lots of great Tigers never made to 300 games, poor old Richo's body let him down 18 games short. Doesn't make him any less of a player.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I thought he was quality.

Great game, and a privilege to catch his deft actions on the replay, sometimes.

Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Net result today was zero…. Did some great stuff and some horrible stuff… perfectly balanced game

• Haha

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Needs to be our sub next week. I’m still playing him. But looks super tired.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What happened to earning his spot??
Pity our 5 picks under 30 are running in the reserves and all our 1st rounders are hot dogs.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
One nice pass tp pickett
Then nothing...no pressure acts..never at the fall of the ball...with Mjr giving us very little...and Aarts and George ( at least geprge gets the ball..the others barely do ) ...how on earth are we expecting to win ???

But as much as we love Shedda he should be sub from now on

• Sad

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
One nice pass tp pickett
Then nothing...no pressure acts..never at the fall of the ball...with Mjr giving us very little...and Aarts and George ( at least geprge gets the ball..the others barely do ) ...how on earth are we expecting to win ???

But as much as we love Shedda he should be sub from now on
What’s to be achieved by playing Edwards as sub?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
What’s to be achieved by playing Edwards as sub?
I’ve been suggesting for much of the season that he be played as sub.
The reason is to allow him (nurse him) to get to 300 which I know you don’t accept - and I’m not saying your arguments are wrong on that.
Its just that I was and still am happy to see him get the 300 now that he’s so close.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I’ve been suggesting for much of the season that he be played as sub.
The reason is to allow him (nurse him) to get to 300 which I know you don’t accept - and I’m not saying your arguments are wrong on that.
Its just that I was and still am happy to see him get the 300 now that he’s so close.
But does Edwards justify his spot in the team?
Cotchin has played 280 why don’t we nurse him to 300 as well
Who cares about winning games and premierships

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This was the most disappointing piece of Shane’s performance for me last night.

Here, with 58 seconds left and the game on the line and the ball slightly in our half of the ground , he chooses to pull out from putting his hands on the ball first and instead, allows Rowell to take possession and hope he can tackle him effectively. He does sort of tackle him effectively, but the ball still falls loose and GC go down the other end and kick the winning goal.

He needed to make the ball his object, hopefully get a stoppage and set up defensively but he didn’t. He just allowed Rowell to get possession instead and the rest is history.

1657413011722.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
This was the most disappointing piece of Shane’s performance for me last night.

Here, with 58 seconds left and the game on the line and the ball slightly in our half of the ground , he chooses to pull out from putting his hands on the ball first and instead, allows Rowell to take possession and hope he can tackle him effectively. He does sort of tackle him effectively, but the ball still falls loose and GC go down the other end and kick the winning goal.

He needed to make the ball his object, hopefully get a stoppage and set up defensively but he didn’t. He just allowed Rowell to get possession instead and the rest is history.

View attachment 15922
My concern here is, why is he choosing to go to ground. If he wants to tackle, wouldn't it make more sense to be standing up?