Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
But does Edwards justify his spot in the team?
Cotchin has played 280 why don’t we nurse him to 300 as well
Who cares about winning games and premierships
you're like a dog with a bone. Dions a dud and now Sack Shed.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Disagree
so we write off a season in a team sport to give an individual his milestone
If there was a heap of players bashing the door down, and we had less injuries, you'd have a point.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. He needs 3 games with 6 to go. Worst case scenario he limps to 300, maybe one as sub, but with injuries and not much coming through he probably plays at least 3 and probably all six on current form anyway.

I'm backing him to finish with a bang.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
R
This was the most disappointing piece of Shane’s performance for me last night.

Here, with 58 seconds left and the game on the line and the ball slightly in our half of the ground , he chooses to pull out from putting his hands on the ball first and instead, allows Rowell to take possession and hope he can tackle him effectively. He does sort of tackle him effectively, but the ball still falls loose and GC go down the other end and kick the winning goal.

He needed to make the ball his object, hopefully get a stoppage and set up defensively but he didn’t. He just allowed Rowell to get possession instead and the rest is history.

View attachment 15922
Rowell looks like a beast. Shed looks like a kid. We need more Rowells. That's part of our problem

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
So Edwards form justifies him getting games?
considering all factors, which is what tends to happen in football and in life, yes.

I made it clear earlier, if we had more players coming through and less injuries, you'd have a point.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wow you’re easily satisfied
If we’re gifting games to Edwards for his 300
Why not Cotchin as well?
Red herring, straw man. I give up.

What part of not much coming through, heaps of injuries don't you understand?

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think the problem people have with the way Shedda is playing, is because he has done so much more, but he's not 30 anymore, he's nearly 34. He should be playing as a pure SF now, he's being asked to play a role that he cannot play to a sufficient enough quality. If we park him inside 50, then he is playing well enough for that role, he just doesn't seem to have enough in the tank now to play up the ground too.

I've said this since before the start of the season, the days of Shedda as a mid are over, he's a small forward now.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I think the problem people have with the way Shedda is playing, is because he has done so much more, but he's not 30 anymore, he's nearly 34. He should be playing as a pure SF now, he's being asked to play a role that he cannot play to a sufficient enough quality. If we park him inside 50, then he is playing well enough for that role, he just doesn't seem to have enough in the tank now to play up the ground too.

I've said this since before the start of the season, the days of Shedda as a mid are over, he's a small forward now.
Agree with that but he even struggles to keep up the small opposition backs that rebound. Really stood out from that Melbourne game earlier in the year - looked Edwards was running in glue.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I suspect he may even choose to retire at 300 (depending on the results of the next few weeks). If finals are a chance, he may keep going.
That was my option. It’s highly likely he’ll hit the 300 then pull the pin. May play out the season depending on the injury situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep achieved it all, almost 34 & a new Dad. Shedda owes us little but he's just about done. Who's coming through to replace him? That's the pertinent question.
Unfortunately the way Shedda has been playing virtually all year, Stacka, Clarke, Sonsie or Cummerbund could easily have played his role as well if not better. Desperately need to get mileage into some of these youngsters n Shedda should simply have been medi subbed at best if we're so desperate to get him to 300 games.
Richo Knighter n Weiner never quite managed 300 games and plenty of players from other clubs have fallen short of 300 over the years. 300 is simply a fancy elephant stamp on your resume at careers end, it doesn't make you a better or lesser player during your career.
Shedda has been an excellent player for us n a quality 3 time premiership player, watching him stagger n stumble the entire year just to reach 300 is bloody sad n uncomfortable.

Reactions: 3 users