Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

I don't want to remember Edwards like this.
you won't

anyone define or remember Hawkins for his final year battling away with Fitzroy? Roughy playing his last year in the seconds? Royce Hart hobbling around in his last few games. We remember it happened, but its not anywhere near the defining memory.

Reactions: 1 users
You don't get remembered for playing 300 games. Maurice Rioli only played 118 for us.
Shedda is already a Tiger legend even if dropped.
Nah 300 is huge, massive, for the Club and the individual. As I said earlier in the year, there are around the same amount of 300 gamers, and thats a big tag, as Brownlow winners.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah 300 is huge, massive, for the Club and the individual. As I said earlier in the year, there are around the same amount of 300 gamers, and thats a big tag, as Brownlow winners.
In the clubs history we’ve had 4 300 gamers. One is still playing, so yep Snake it is, as you say, a big thing for both club and individual.

Why not do the same for Cotchin? Let Cotchin reach 300 as well
Not if he's playing crap footy. But we probably will let him decide his own fate.

It's a fine achievement to play 300 games of AFL level footy if the target is achieved under your own performances. Tarnishes the legacy for mine if a player has to be dragged n carried to the milestone just for the sake of writing a number in the record book. There'd be a bunch of kids looking on knowing they could perform at least as well but are having the start of their career opportunities stifled just to get him over the line.

Sadly when the age wall hits you in the face you immediately become the past, not the future n history books are for the past. Young blokes playing games are the future n footy's always about the future until the game passes you by.

Not if he's playing crap footy. But we probably will let him decide his own fate.

It's a fine achievement to play 300 games of AFL level footy if the target is achieved under your own performances. Tarnishes the legacy for mine if a player has to be dragged n carried to the milestone just for the sake of writing a number in the record book. There'd be a bunch of kids looking on knowing they could perform at least as well but are having the start of their career opportunities stifled just to get him over the line.

Sadly when the age wall hits you in the face you immediately become the past, not the future n history books are for the past. Young blokes playing games are the future n footy's always about the future until the game passes you by.
It all sounds very GR, pat youself on the back, but in this instance its bulldust. Is Roachy's legacy tarnished as a robotic, back injury-crippled shadow of his former self? Not much coming through, heaps of injuries.

Not much coming through, heaps of injuries.
Not much coming through because we're refusing to look properly. We keep pushing games into the likes of Georgie, Aarts n Parker as mature bodied senior players.
Raaalph, Gibber, Clarke, Miller, Cummers, Dow, Rossy, Moju, Mansell, R2D2, Biggie n there's a bunch of other youngsters that we haven't even looked at yet. As always some of them will simply not make the grade n they'll all take some time to find their feet n consistency of performance but if we don't take a proper look at them we'll never know.

Not much coming through because we're refusing to look properly. We keep pushing games into the likes of Georgie, Aarts n Parker as mature bodied senior players.
Raaalph, Gibber, Clarke, Miller, Cummers, Dow, Rossy, Moju, Mansell, R2D2, Biggie n there's a bunch of other youngsters that we haven't even looked at yet. As always some of them will simply not make the grade n they'll all take some time to find their feet n consistency of performance but if we don't take a proper look at them we'll never know.
I'm looking pal. and we are taking a look at them. Any who we haven't yet are for legitimate reasons, not just cos dimma wants to deny some supporters their desire to unwrap a new christmas present. And as I've said like a stuck record, you can't just fill the side with young inexperienced players.

I'm looking pal. and we are taking a look at them. Any who we haven't yet are for legitimate reasons, not just cos dimma wants to deny some supporters their desire to unwrap a new christmas present. And as I've said like a stuck record, you can't just fill the side with young inexperienced players.
Well, you can, but you’ll get smashed and do them no favours.

Reactions: 2 users
Named on the bench istead of CHF this week. Even Dimma's patience is wearing thin.
Watching Penderbury, Mundy, Boak & Ward still contributing this year makes it so much harder to accept how hard Edwards has hit the Wall.
He was finished 10 weeks ago.
Our players reach 30 it's like the fall off the Punt Rd cliff.

I must have been imagining things, because I thought he was alright against Gold Coast.

I can never really tell on TV, but it looked like he was pretty effective, especially early. More class and composure than most of the team.

I must have been imagining things, because I thought he was alright against Gold Coast.

I can never really tell on TV, but it looked like he was pretty effective, especially early. More class and composure than most of the team.
Good in the fwd line, not so much in the midfield. He's nearing the end, but he is holding his spot, all things considered. As I've already said, if his round 1-6 form had continued, OR we had a stack of players putting pressure on his spot, he'd be in trouble.