Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

This little gem has more flair, class, guts, footy nous and balls, than some of our 3rd year players running around. ::)

ToraToraTora said:
That's all well and good, but PAHLEEEEZE no stick figures in this draft.

Agree, this kid looks really good, but it's time to recruit some grunt to compliment the "skin and bones" brigade.

nccc said:
ToraToraTora said:

Agree, this kid looks really good, but it's time to recruit some grunt to compliment the "skin and bones" brigade.
It's mostly what young draftees are. Give them a few pre seasons and they generally bulk up.

CarnTheTiges said:
nccc said:
ToraToraTora said:

It's mostly what young draftees are. Give them a few pre seasons and they generally bulk up.

Fair comment but I dont ever expect Shane to look like, say, Ben Cousins. ( no Cousins jokes please!)

l have huge hopes from what l have seen of this kid.
Seems to get caught a bit but thats just adjusting to the new tempo.
Give him a season or two and look out he will be a class (dare l say) bulldogs style midfielder who will complement
Foley, Delidio ,Connors,Tuck and Kreuzer for years to come

DragicevicFan said:
time for him to be given some time in the middle.

A bit early I'd say. What he's doing at the moment is enough. The kid doesn't stop running, knows where to run in space, has smooth silky handball skills, and did I mention he doesn't stop running. ;)

geoffryprettyboy said:
DragicevicFan said:
time for him to be given some time in the middle.

A bit early I'd say. What he's doing at the moment is enough. The kid doesn't stop running, knows where to run in space, has smooth silky handball skills, and did I mention he doesn't stop running. ;)

Still think he could pop in for a couple of centre bounces each quarter.

Sick of seeing the same 3 midfielders in there all the time.

With his sidestep and quick hands, Edwards would be a handy addition in there.

I've been a fan since the first game I saw of him at Coburg. He just does smart things. It's almost criminal he's wearing a RFC jumper. He'll ruin our reputation.

Loved his little tap away from the goals, to give himself space in the second quarter.

Class and natural ability the kid mixed with a desire to have a go and back himself ...... isnt overawed even with the slightest body on the field.

Im liking this kid more every week and he is going to become a darling of the tiger faithfull in a very short space of time.

Guys like JON, Bling and Meyer would be well advised to take a leaf outta this little fellas book.

Reactions: 1 user
Showed some touches of class tonight to go with his running and enthusiasm.

Already streets ahead of Jon and Meyer.

Reactions: 1 user