Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

craig said:
Class and natural ability the kid mixed with a desire to have a go and back himself ...... isnt overawed even with the slightest body on the field.

Im liking this kid more every week and he is going to become a darling of the tiger faithfull in a very short space of time.

Guys like JON, Bling and Meyer would be well advised to take a leaf outta this little fellas book.

Spot on craig! :fing32

He doesn't get much of it (doesn't get much game time however) but whenever he gets it he does the right thing. Great hands and his reflexes and re-action time is first class which allows him to side step opponents like they aren't even there. Very Robert Harvey like. Watched a few pieces of play frame by frame and just when you think he's gonna get tackled he changes direction in the last split second leaving his opponent tackling air.

Great motor and speed. Hopefully will bulk up enough but not too much to adversely impact on his speed and reflexes.

Reactions: 1 user
Great hands, great in the traffic, good speed, good reflexes. But what about that depth and consistenrcy of his kicking ? Maybe that will get better as he fills out and gets more strength and composure, but it’s a weakness at the moment imo.

Redford said:
Great hands, great in the traffic, good speed, good reflexes. But what about that depth and consistenrcy of his kicking ? Maybe that will get better as he fills out and gets more strength and composure, but it’s a weakness at the moment imo.

You still can't completely warm to this guy can you Bedsores? Is it because he is a South Australian? You really need to get over that inferiority complex you know. I've told you from the start that he was going to be okay. Granted he needs more penetration on his kicks but that will come. And if it doesn't, I would be happy for him to kick over 40m accurately because it's more than what most of our players can do!

jayfox said:
Redford said:

You still can't completely warm to this guy can you Bedsores? Is it because he is a South Australian? You really need to get over that inferiority complex you know. I've told you from the start that he was going to be okay. Granted he needs more penetration on his kicks but that will come. And if it doesn't, I would be happy for him to kick over 40m accurately because it's more than what most of our players can do!

I only ever warm to players - be they at Richmond or other clubs - when they are the real deal. Shane has a lot of footy ahead of him before I'll consider him the real deal.

This time last year everyone was crowing about how great Polo was going to be. They've gone a bit quiet this year.

Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:

I only ever warm to players - be they at Richmond or other clubs - when they are the real deal. Shane has a lot of footy ahead of him before I'll consider him the real deal.

This time last year everyone was crowing about how great Polo was going to be. They've gone a bit quiet this year.

And this time two years ago you were saying that Foley wouldn't make it! You still haven't paid me for that bet yet either!

Harry said:
He doesn't get much of it (doesn't get much game time however) but whenever he gets it he does the right thing. Great hands and his reflexes and re-action time is first class which allows him to side step opponents like they aren't even there. Very Robert Harvey like. Watched a few pieces of play frame by frame and just when you think he's gonna get tackled he changes direction in the last split second leaving his opponent tackling air.

Great motor and speed. Hopefully will bulk up enough but not too much to adversely impact on his speed and reflexes.

Yep.
Has the vision and decision making ability of the good players.
Always takes the correct option.
Crikey I wish we had a few more coming through like him. :-\

jayfox said:
Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:

And this time two years ago you were saying that Foley wouldn't make it! You still haven't paid me for that bet yet either!

Very happy to admit Foley was one I got wrong in amongst a plethora I reckon I've been on the money with. But anyway, it wasnt you that plumped for Foley it was Harry. Stop trying to claim credit for something that isnt yours you train jumper ! Its Harry I owe the beer to, not you you cheapskate !

Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:

Very happy to admit Foley was one I got wrong in amongst a plethora I reckon I've been on the money with. But anyway, it wasnt you that plumped for Foley it was Harry. Stop trying to claim credit for something that isnt yours you train jumper ! Its Harry I owe the beer to, not you you cheapskate !

Uh oh. Now you've done it. I can't remember any that you've "been on the money with".

Remember when you told me that James White was going to be a superstar and I told you that you were on drugs ? Well, there’s one.

Redford said:
Remember when you told me that James White was going to be a superstar and I told you that you were on drugs ? Well, there’s one.

Well the only part you got right was about me being on drugs. You actually agreed about White's superstar possibilities.

jb03 said:
Redford said:

Well the only part you got right was about me being on drugs. You actually agreed about White's superstar possibilities.

How can you be sure if you were on drugs ? With that comment, sounds like you're still on them !

Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:
jayfox said:
Redford said:

I don't drink light beer.

Redford said:

I was one praising Whitey too,but yesty he was second to the contest every time!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap to an awesome goal by the young kid. :clap :clap :clap :clap

The Richmond crowd went *smiling* apeshit!

RainseysGirl said:
Officially won the round 13 mark of the week, Well done Shane :)

Can add goal of the week to that this week. ;) :clap

One of a very few shining lights at RFC. Keep showing the other duds how its done Shane.

Good Boy :clap :clap .............. am liking this kid more and more as each week goes by.

Still looks a bit lost at times but enough to work with.

Very one sided as that goal proved but he looks a likely sort.