Shane Tuck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Tuck

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
38 years old. I'm hoping this isn't true, expecting it is (what a *smile* rumour to start), but hoping it's not.

Loved Tucky. So hard at it when our club looked like it was chasing finesse rather than strength. Was a ray of hope.

Unfortunately true.

Saddened.
In tears sitting in my car upon hearing this.
Benny just release Club statement.

Lifeline 131114

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
He was one of my favourite Richmond players since the 70s. He was a great person to chat to chat to at the Richmond Cocktail Party. He took a genuine interest in you . My deepest condolences are extended to his family, friends, and the RFC. Vale Tucky...You will be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
RIP. was one of my faves to watch. Hards as a cats head and never left anything out there. Tragic news.

Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Terribly sad news. Stood up like a champion in a struggling midfield during a tough time for the club. Gutted. Thoughts with his family

Reactions: 2 users

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Horrible news. Just told Mrs Tbar, he was her favourite players. Tears flowing in our house.
RIP Shane Tuck

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I am absolutely gutted by this. I didn't know the man so I'm a bit stunned by how it has affected me. From a footy perspective they were tough times when Shane played. We weren't much chop but you always knew you'd get the utmost effort from Tucky. He wasn't the most skillful player but he was a contested ball beast and I loved watching him play. He was one of my favourites of that era. Very very sad news; best wishes and condolences to his family.

Vale Tucky; gone too soon.

Reactions: 14 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Geez remember watching him at Coburg and you knew he would make the grade at AFL level, he stood out with his ball getting ability.

I always felt comfortable when he had the ball in his hands shooting for goal, rarely missed when it matters.

So sad for his family at such an extraordinary time.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Horrible news. I feel sick.

Thoughts go out to his family.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
In honour of Tucky, possibly my favourite ever post here.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
Shane Tuck isn't required to sign contracts anymore, as the last and only time he was required to sign, he requested his contract in stone tablet form, upon the presentation of which he immediately peed his name into the granite. The resulting stone that ricocheted and deflected off the tablet reformed in mid-air to create a mini-stone version of Shane Tuck, which proceeded to fly around the room and fatally roundhouse kick every official in the room for having the audacity to think that Tuck's decision to play at a club was bound by contracts.

Reactions: 13 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Never has a more courageous and honest player donned the Tiger jumper. Such sad news to lose one of our favourites so young.

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Shocking and terribly sad news.
Truly a great Tiger and one of my all time favourites. Vale Tucky.