Shane Tuck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Tuck

The numbers of people who are choosing to take their own life has reached epidemic proportions in this country. So many of them are middle aged men.

No one knows what has been going on in his life. It’s such a tragedy that is so hard to understand.

Such an honest footballer. Turned up every week and gave his all. That’s why the supporters loved him so much.

• Sad
Reactions: 16 users
So sad. Big influence on building the club culture IMO. Loved him. So many times when we needed some grit when things weren't going well, enter Tucky. One of my favourite moments was when he was interviewed after getting BOG in a win over Brisbane at the Gabba. Never forget it. Forget whet the question was, something forgettable like: 'As a side you lifted your workrate after Q time", Tucky replied 'Yeah *smile* oath"

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Shattered... Was such a lovely bloke to have a chat to and I enjoyed watching him progress into the footballer he became while he was with us. Honest and tough. Terribly sad news.

Reactions: 1 users
So sad, such a genuine down to earth man who gave his all and was well respected by everyone
I hate this year it just keeps getting worse

Reactions: 2 users
Tragic news.
Leaves behind a young family.
Heart goes out to his family left behind.
Hope the club digs deep and helps out however they can.

Reactions: 5 users
Jack on SEN talking about that Port game where Tucky did his shoulder but battled on tackling guys with 1 arm.

Reactions: 4 users
Terrible news.

30-40 is a really tough decade for family men (all men no doubt but speaking from experience)

Dreadful shame when people get killed by their own mind, if that is indeed the case.

Get help fellas. Depression is a deadly, curable, illness

Rip tucky. Sincere sympathy to his family.

Sad

Reactions: 6 users
In the early years his kicking drove me mad but i loved him. A warrior, a great story to be given the pass from Hawthorn, head over to the sanfl and then get another chance with us. And he made the most of it and we all loved hIs toughness and endeavour.

Just shocking news. As a supporter this one hurts.
It was blokes like him who typified what the Richmond man is.

Rest In Peace Tucky!

Reactions: 8 users
So very sad to hear this awful news. Best wishes and heart goes out to the Tuck family...

Reactions: 1 user
Terrible news after what this year has served up. Luvved Shane as he was always at the bottom of the pack. Condolences to all his loved ones.

Reactions: 1 user
RIP Shane Tuck.

Thanks so much for giving us your heart and soul every bloody game. Always loved you Tucky!!

To think the supporters had to almost tear down Punt Road to watch you get a game. Spud yielded and we got to enjoy The Richmond Man as Smoking has said.

Reactions: 8 users
What a kick in the nuts this is. Everyone loved Tucky for very simple reasons. He gave 100% every single time. Sickening.

Reactions: 7 users
Very saddened by this news. He was always a favourite, and an inspiration to me after my Coeliac Disease diagnosis because he met that challenge and still excelled. Thank you Shane and RIP.