Shaun Grigg (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shaun Grigg (Merged)

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
Re: Sean Grigg - Carlton

no to Grigg from me - don't want anything from those thieving bastards - especially this player who would not really be much of an upgrade in my opinion

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

Harry said:
dud.

It worries me that we are looking at alot of fringe players from other clubs.

I'd rather we be quiet and focus soley on the players in the upcoming draft

It appears we are taking our eye off the ball.

I don't mind it if they end up being player for player trades. I'll be very concerned if they start trading picks away though.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Harry said:
dud.

We're being linked to every player out there. While often the old 'where there's smoke there's fire' line rings trues, I think during trade season most internet rumours need to be chuckled at.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Harry said:

Doesn't worry me cause its only talk, there's no way we're looking at most of the players we've been linked to.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland

evo said:
Lighter version of Connors. Runs a bit more.
'
He's ok I suppose, but you wouldn't want to give up more than a 4th rounder.
\
Yep, bit of a hard nut (like Martin but less skillful) and keen tackler - pretty hard to get into Carlton's midfield rotations with Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Scotland, Simpson, Carazzo etc. Think he was out through injury for an extended period, remember his name on the injury list for a while.

There are worse and could be an upgrade on our midfield depth at the minute.

Phar Ace

Jun 17, 2004
Queensland

IanG said:
Doesn't worry me cause its only talk, there's no way we're looking at most of the players we've been linked to.

:hihi Yep, amazing how jumpy some are............

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009

I guess Hartley's job has been to go through all the other clubs lists searching for possible trade targets and all these players names that are being thrown about are a result of enquiries to player managers/clubs getting out into the public.

SAF

Tiger Superstar
Nov 23, 2007
Internet

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Just thnking about it.The Blues were interested in Everrit from the Dogs last year.Dogs are keen on Tambling.If we are keen on Jacobs perhaps a 3 way might be good enough.
Tambling>>>>Dogs>>>Everitt>>>>>Carl>>>>Jacobs>>>>Rich

He would want more than Jacobs in exchange for Tambling.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane

Would love to have Grigg at Richmond. Know him and his family, and my son played junior football with him in Ballarat. Was taken by Carlton as a first round draft pick I think. Was used as a tagger in his first couple of seasons which is totally against his natural flair. He is very tough, gets his own ball and usually does something with it. Played pretty well against us in Round 20.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

Can't kick but somehow led Carlton for assists and score involvements? His first 5 games this year were also well above average kicking wise (high kicks to advantage and low turnovers whilst having a lot of kicks) before a poorer final 3 games.

Phar Ace

Jun 17, 2004
Queensland

Harry said:
dud.

Doesn't worry me (be more worried if you were doing it Harry :spin ), our football club has all the people and facts at their fingertips - but I respect your right to be wrong :hihi

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Disco08 said:
Can't kick but somehow led Carlton for assists and score involvements? His first 5 games this year were also well above average kicking wise (high kicks to advantage and low turnovers whilst having a lot of kicks) before a poorer final 3 games.

Griggs a below average kick for AFL level Disco. Gets good distance, but lacks composure & finesse caused by a poor technique.

Not sure on the comparison's with Jackson though. He would leave Jackson for dead in a footrace.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

Reckon he has enough to work with that Beavis could turn his kicking around Leysy? His performances are inconsistent but his good ones seems very good.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

He does have some tools no doubt. But odds are we wont be able to tidy his kicking up enough in his case ILO.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane

Description Date K HB D M G B T HO GA GC I50 FF FA DT SC
Round 20 14th Aug 8 12 20 1 1 1 4 1 3 4 4 0 1 72 70

I think those stats are OK.

He would only have to get the ball out to Cotchin and Foley anway.