Shaun Grigg (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shaun Grigg (Merged)

Re: Sean Grigg - Carlton

Jason King said:
Would have 5 tamblings running around at tigerland before I had 1 Grigg.

I bet carlton supporters would say the same. Tambling has played maybe a handful of good (not great) games in 100. We can't keep hanging onto the fact that he was a top 4 pick. He has no awareness and is a dumb footballer. Grigg at least is tough and in and under. I'm not saying we trade tambling for Grigg neccesarily, but I definitely think we should trade Tambling for the best deal possible. Keeping him would be another year of dissapointment.

DirtyDogTiger said:
yeah amazing

Hudson
Biddiscombe
Blurton
Hilton
Fletcher
Stafford
Thompson
Hislop
Jackson
mcmahon
Strawbs
Morrison
Kingsley

(apologies to the multitude of imported duds I've missed)

:clap - (bit harsh on Staff there) You could build team around those blokes couldn't you :rofl

Tiger29 said:
Would love to have Grigg at Richmond. Know him and his family, and my son played junior football with him in Ballarat. Was taken by Carlton as a first round draft pick I think. Was used as a tagger in his first couple of seasons which is totally against his natural flair. He is very tough, gets his own ball and usually does something with it. Played pretty well against us in Round 20.

Might also add that his family are very good friends with Jim Jess' brother who is also a Richmond supporter

Tiger29 said:
Would love to have Grigg at Richmond. Know him and his family, and my son played junior football with him in Ballarat. Was taken by Carlton as a first round draft pick I think. Was used as a tagger in his first couple of seasons which is totally against his natural flair. He is very tough, gets his own ball and usually does something with it. Played pretty well against us in Round 20.

Carltons 2nd round draft pick at pick 19 2006 ND, T29

It is an area that could be weakened if Carlton loses Shaun Grigg, 22, who is out of contract and has already held discussions with Gold Coast and Richmond about his future. McDonald is well known by the Blues coaching staff, having been associated with Carlton coach Brett Ratten and his senior assistant Mark Riley during their time at Melbourne.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/carlton-is-circling-james-mcdonald-who-has-a-bit-of-run-left-in-those-ageing-legs/story-e6frg7mf-1225932025273

What's With Carlton and over-rating Walker. Injury prone mid who can't play midfield. You'd think if available a swap for Everitt would be overs for him

RICHO_12 said:
What's With Carlton and over-rating Walker. Injury prone mid who can't play midfield. You'd think if available a swap for Everitt would be overs for him

They're also overrating Jacobs on the back of a good game in the final against Sydney.

Don't worry people, I've heard Grigg has re-signed with Carlton which will be announced publicly in the coming days.

Sean Grigg.... you must be kidding Id rather offer McMuffin another 2 year deal before going anywhere near Grigg

The Swans fans on Big footy obviously don't get to see too many Blues games - some of them are saying to trade their 1st pick for him and get rid of Mattner! :rofl

Someone saying that Sydney & Freo could be interested in Wil depending on the Tarrant trade.

Grigg will end up playing playing somewhere on the fringes for the next couple of seasons, but not at Richmond.
This is the new model Richmond. We're after 'V8' players not the cheap 4 cylinder ones!

GONE!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103516/default.aspx