Short quarters | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Short quarters

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Just pulled the pin on foxtel footy and wont be getting it back in protest at the short quarters.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
*6-6-6
*Shorter qtrs
*Shorter season.

What else can they introduce to TRY to bend us over??

We won 12 in a row last year.
We might go through 3 seasons without a defeat.

Something new the AFL would introduce was going to bend us over and they finally succeed with bringing the game back to be a version of the BigM little league.
16 minute qtrs isn't our game
1 minute breaks between goals isnt our game.
Longer breaks between qtrs isn't our game.
Thanks Hocking (all to help his old flames down at Geelong)
I wish we played Carlton GC and Melbourne in the first month back

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Is anyone else battling to get their beer quota in with these short quarters?

It's really thrown out my routine. Can't stand the reduced game time.

After a solid isolation pre-season I thought I was ready to go, but my VB consumption has been Riewoldt-esque (once great, now struggling)

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is anyone else battling to get their beer quota in with these short quarters?

It's really thrown out my routine. Can't stand the reduced game time.

After a solid isolation pre-season I thought I was ready to go, but my VB consumption has been Riewoldt-esque (once great, now struggling)

Take it easy.
You might pull a tricep and miss the season.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Def does not favour us , how many games late last year did we grind the oppo into the dirt after got an early break on us . R22 r23 QF pre lim all ring a bell

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The AFL's Puppett (Whateley) is the biggest advocate of these staying. He must be all giddy over our start to the season.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Favour us or not no exuses we should be ready to go.Against hawks there was lack of effort all round in every area.Our game plan requires team effort 100% of the time if that drops off we back in pack we have seen that last 2 weeks.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Easy to blame the AFL, it's rule changes, shorter quarters etc but we have to face the facts this season so far we have been a shadow of our 2017 ~2019 seasons. I have to hope it is rust in the plan showing on game day and starting this weekend we start playing the Richmond way

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's very true that the shorter quarters are hurting us but that doesn't excuse the poor start last week.
We would no doubt have made it a priority to start well after a poor 1st term against the Pies but we were completely smacked around yet again! No excuse for that.
If we start slowly against the Aints this week too..sheesh!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
In Round 1 we won the game in the first quarter. We can play shorter quarters. We have beast mode that can out a few goals on in a short space of time.

But we're not. Dunno why.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So are the finals and grand final being played with the shorter times?

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
There is an article in the HS today on this subject - I cant read it. Can anybody who can read it give us a rundown of the results please??