So how do we win our next preeemiership? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

So how do we win our next preeemiership?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
sums up the dilemma 100% Sinners. I doubt we can snag another but I'm ok with getting one topliner to go one last time in 2022.... but is it too much to pay?
I doubt it too AA.
The dilemna we have bringing someone in from the Hawks is the more salary they pay the higher the pick price but we don't have the cap space to do it any other way. I would be waiting until an hour before trading finishes and seeing how desperate they are

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yep 100% ToO

We either match their explosive midfield power or try to contain it.

I reckon I know where Dimma’s instincts will lie and I’m backing the coaching staff in to lock that *smile* down :)

Nank and Soldo a pretty handy first line of defence

And you know what? Our back six will be much, much better than their forwards

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How do we beat Melbourne? That's the new & most important question that needs to asked.

toby Nankervis, Ivan Soldo

oh, and Dustin Martin.

people are getting carried away with Petroliver.

Dustin Martin is still the greatest player of all time, he's still at the height of his powers, and he still plays for us.

Tom Lynch in full flight, Dion Prestia in full flight, $hai Bolton in full flight.

if things go right next year,

Dees dont stand a chance.

Reactions: 2 users

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005

oh, and Dustin Martin.

Dustin Martin is still the greatest player of all time, he's still at the height of his powers, and he still plays for us.

Tom Lynch in full flight, Dion Prestia in full flight, $hai Bolton in full flight.

Not forgetting Noah Bolta in full flight

Reactions: 1 user

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Not forgetting Noah Bolta in full flight
Be great if Ben Miller could come on. Get Tarrant and Grimeygrub controlling the backline with Nick Ben and Broady and unleash Noah to become the greatest wingman of all time

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

oh, and Dustin Martin.

Only Soldo didn't play against them in the bad loss to them this year in round 6. Soldo vs Gawn would be a better match up for us but we were near full strength.
Petracca & Oliver had a field day against our midfield. Clearly the best side we played this season. They are the new bench mark.

Edit: Just realised Prestia missed too. If he's fit..If then obviously a different scenario.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Only Soldo didn't play against them in the bad loss to them this year in round 6. Soldo vs Gawn would be a better match up for us but we were near full strength.
Petracca & Oliver had a field day against our midfield. Clearly the best side we played this season. They are the new bench mark.

Edit: Just realised Prestia missed too. If he's fit..If then obviously a different scenario.
Dusty got ko'd too.

But agree.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008

oh, and Dustin Martin.

Agreed. Our prep leading into 2021 was poor relative to the Dees. Dees were flying when we played them and were clearly up for the game.

Soldo crucial to our ability to generate centre clearances against sides with quality rucks. Love Tobes but he gets no air.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’m enjoying this thread regardless of obvious spelling and grammar issues. I’ve just popped in after perusing the origins of Welsh surnames which is riveting.

but… it seems to me that being opportunistic like the fat cod that darts out and grabs what swims past his rock, while maintaining the focus of migrating tuna and the playfulness of a dolphin is the good way.

Focussed intent by the captain of the ship with flexibility to grab what we come across. Oh here is a cheap, abandoned caddy I can do up that goes with my new prestiamobile and it’s cheap, great I’ll grab that extra baker for the galley because you can never have too much bread on a boat full of premiership players. All while picking the best available in the draft. Really simple.

• Love

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I’m enjoying this thread regardless of obvious spelling and grammar issues. I’ve just popped in after perusing the origins of Welsh surnames which is riveting.

but… it seems to me that being opportunistic like the fat cod that darts out and grabs what swims past his rock, while maintaining the focus of migrating tuna and the playfulness of a dolphin is the good way.

Focussed intent by the captain of the ship with flexibility to grab what we come across. Oh here is a cheap, abandoned caddy I can do up that goes with my new prestiamobile and it’s cheap, great I’ll grab that extra baker for the galley because you can never have too much bread on a boat full of premiership players. All while picking the best available in the draft. Really simple.
Eh??

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Just pondering the difference between highly structured/rigid recruitment/ list building techniques vs a more fluid approach graystar. I have been sick for a couple of years and suddenly better so am probably a little on the playful end side. A spring lamb.

Reactions: 3 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Very pleased to hear you are on the mend FB.
Had no idea of your problems of course, but wish you all the best in your recovery.

Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Very pleased to hear you are on the mend FB.
Had no idea of your problems of course, but wish you all the best in your recovery.
Thanks mate. Horror show few years. Amazing how grateful I am for things I took for granted. I am actually a spring mutton though if I were to be honest:)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just pondering the difference between highly structured/rigid recruitment/ list building techniques vs a more fluid approach graystar. I have been sick for a couple of years and suddenly better so am probably a little on the playful end side. A spring lamb.
Congrats on getting back to full health FB... must be a great feeling.