Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stengle

Brettstigers said:
Slow, small brutally good clearance inside mid I get. Slow, small forward I don't. On the face of it you would have to think Shai has a better chance of making it than Stengle. However like Griffiths vs Vickery, reasonable chance that both will fail to get there.

That is my view as well

DirtyDogTiger said:
The equivalent of a rookie upgrade

Pretty much. We already did the feel good deal for Snipper and Corey so I don’t think we should role over to the Crows and Doggies so easily for Stengle and Lloyd.

There's only been trade haggling over some genuine talent this year. Everyone else seems to be on give away deals, can't see us getting much for either Stengle or Lloyd.
Must be a few clubs struggling with salary cap issues, bloody strange after such a large cap increase went through recently.

Adelaide don't have a lot of later picks this year, currently 8, 13, 16, 21, 73, so its obvious why they've offered the later one.

Maybe we counter with a pick swap in 2019, their 3rd for our 4th or something like that.

Or unless we get into some convoluted trade with both the Dogs and the Crows with Lloyd and Stengle to gain a higher pick. Ie. I don't think the Dogs would give us pick 45 straight for him, but what if we got that for both Lloyd and Stengle? Main part would be we get 45, the dogs get Lloyd and 73 and the crows give that up. Adelaide probably need to give up a bit more though.

Or probably my favourite.

Tiges gain Pick 21, give up Lloyd, Stengle and 37
Dogs gain Lloyd and 37, give up 27
Crows gain Stengle and 27, give up 21

mrposhman said:
Adelaide don't have a lot of later picks this year, currently 8, 13, 16, 21, 73, so its obvious why they've offered the later one.

Maybe we counter with a pick swap in 2019, their 3rd for our 4th or something like that.

Or unless we get into some convoluted trade with both the Dogs and the Crows with Lloyd and Stengle to gain a higher pick. Ie. I don't think the Dogs would give us pick 45 straight for him, but what if we got that for both Lloyd and Stengle? Main part would be we get 45, the dogs get Lloyd and 73 and the crows give that up. Adelaide probably need to give up a bit more though.

If we ended up with pick 21 giving up Lloyd and Stengle. I would get you job as the Head of recruiting at punt Rd :clap

mrposhman said:

Great stuff. Although I think the dogs might need another pick going there way because they will need draft points for their F/S Riley West or whatever his name is.

FistFullOfDollars said:
Great stuff. Although I think the dogs might need another pick going there way because they will need draft points for their F/S Riley West or whatever his name is.

37 and 45 should be enough to get West. They can match up to Pick 17 with those 2. Adding 63 and 64 can take them upto Pick 12.

TigerMasochist said:
There's only been trade haggling over some genuine talent this year. Everyone else seems to be on give away deals, can't see us getting much for either Stengle or Lloyd.
Must be a few clubs struggling with salary cap issues, bloody strange after such a large cap increase went through recently.

What’s the min spend relative to the cap? 95% or 90%. Whatever it is having a minimum spend distorts the equalisation potential as if you are crap you pay all the players more than they are worth and lock out room to manoeuvre and make multiple moves.