Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stengle

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I wonder if we are looking at packaging some of these picks up with one of the clubs that need draft points for academy / father/sons?

Maybe Brisbane? They need points for an academy kid.

37, 64 and 68 and worth 643 points. 32 is worth 584. Is it worth giving up 64 and 68 to get a 5 spot upgrade? Maybe, I guess it depends if we want someone specific. Maybe this is something that live trading of picks will enable us to do. Either take some late picks, or trade up on draft night if someone that we didn't think would be available is still there.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
mrposhman said:
I wonder if we are looking at packaging some of these picks up with one of the clubs that need draft points for academy / father/sons?

Maybe Brisbane? They need points for an academy kid.

37, 64 and 68 and worth 643 points. 32 is worth 584. Is it worth giving up 64 and 68 to get a 5 spot upgrade? Maybe, I guess it depends if we want someone specific. Maybe this is something that live trading of picks will enable us to do. Either take some late picks, or trade up on draft night if someone that we didn't think would be available is still there.

32, 27, 58 won't make any difference. Drafting talent is still a major weakness for us. Unless they're top 10 picks.
Even those we have burnt with Conca Vickery and Lennon at 11.
I'm with the theory the more you bring in the better chance we have in finding the next Graham or Hislop

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tiger Wayno said:
Just heard Gold Coast have traded Pick 68 to Adelaide for a 2019 4th Round Pick.

Does that mean we are getting Pick 68 from Adelaide for Stengle?
Why would Gold Coast do that?

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tigertool said:
State leaguers?

I reckon we will have a list of higher risk kids and a list of state leaguers and make a decision as to which way we go for each pick based on who is left on the board, we have selected already etc

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
loving the fact that stengle can hum "oh we're from tigerland" to walker every time he walks past..

E

easy_tiger

jb03 said:

they must have a thin crop of academy kids this year but a few next year I reckon

Bunnerz said:
They did that because we have a good relationship with the Suns at the minute.

I dont understand the richmond and suns are mates thing right now.

we just pinched their marquee captain.

surely they would hate us right now?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
jb03 said:

They were trading out Hall to North. North didn't have a 4th next year as its gone to Port, so they took their 4th this year and got next years from Adelaide instead. They don't need anymore picks this year, all the picks they use will be sub 30.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Normally you would wish the outgoing player all the best, but he is going to Adel! ;D

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Will be delisted as soon as first contract expires
They reckon thryre getting a eddie Betts replacement
More like a Troy Menzel replacement.
Whats the record for the most 'holding the balls' in one season?
Stengle will smash it

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The worst thing that can happen to us is Stengle goes on to kick a lot of goals for Adelaide while George struggles through as a forward role player for us. I would have liked to have seen Stengle in the forward line in the 1s this year to see how he performed because I fear George may not work in our new forward structure.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
BrisTiger24 said:
The worst thing that can happen to us is Stengle goes on to kick a lot of goals for Adelaide while George struggles through as a forward role player for us. I would have liked to have seen Stengle in the forward line in the 1s this year to see how he performed because I fear George may not work in our new forward structure.

Balmey said we put an offer to him to stay but he wanted to go home to Adelaide, can't do much about that and he had no runs on the board to garner a higher pick for him.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
BrisTiger24 said:

First world problems.
Club made a clear statement last year that Stengle is behind even Baker. All about athleticism.
As for George, he, like Butts, Short, Broad, Graham and McKintosh, have to continue to improve or may be overtaken by others. Good problem to have but George has blistering pace, good endurance and is strong. He stays for now. No one has put their hand up to replace him at this stage.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
In hindsight he was presumably best available rookie at the time (and probably same for Liam Baker), but you do have to question the logic of these rookie selections when we have a huge back-log of small forwards. Issue was only further accentuated by drafting Higgins this year (no issue with his selection given his quality).

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
TigerFlag2017 said:
In hindsight he was presumably best available rookie at the time (and probably same for Liam Baker), but you do have to question the logic of these rookie selections when we have a huge back-log of small forwards. Issue was only further accentuated by drafting Higgins this year (no issue with his selection given his quality).

I see a lot of logic in it. Rookie selections are exactly where you might choose to load up on particular type of players if you see that as your focus. You see what they have and then move them on if they don't prove worthy. Just don't hold onto all of them for too long. Let's not forget Lambert was also a rookie pick, all be it a mature aged one at the time. This focus on small forwards I think started in 2013 draft when we picked up Lloyd and Gordon at the time. For so long before that we hadn't had a gun small forward yet were always blasted by an opposition small forward. Since then we've loaded up on small forwards and I think it paid off and gave us a premiership. We can afford to offload some now as we have a good mix of small forwards and potential. Where do we focus next?