Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stengle

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Putting his issues aside, he was too slow. Surely we back MRJ.

If we're going into the MSD, there will be kids who missed last year's draft who now have exposed state league form that we can add as long-term options ahead of the national draft.

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Putting his issues aside, he was too slow. Surely we back MRJ.

If we're going into the MSD, there will be kids who missed last year's draft who now have exposed state league form that we can add as long-term options ahead of the national draft.
Agree. You would hope there was a young key position player that had missed out on being drafted

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I thought the kid had done something dumb again when this popped up. Good to see it's not that.

Good luck to him. Not for us though.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If we are in the market for a troubled indigenous small forward, I would be chasing Willie Rioli. He has runs on the board and we can back ourselves to turn him around (not that our indigenous record is crash hot over the past 12 months!). He's obviously not available mid year though.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
If we are in the market for a troubled indigenous small forward, I would be chasing Willie Rioli. He has runs on the board and we can back ourselves to turn him around (not that our indigenous record is crash hot over the past 12 months!). He's obviously not available mid year though.
I reckon we could turn him around. Time with his cousins away from the toxic WCE environment? Could well work.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016

TIGER TURNED CROW BACK TO TIGERLAND?

RICHMOND is keeping tabs on its former small forward Tyson Stengle over the potential of a career renaissance at Punt Road.

The ex-Tiger parted ways with Adelaide after two seasons in March this year with part of his settlement allowing him to be eligible for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft on June 2.

Richmond's mid-season plans are currently dependent on Soldo's recovery, with the Tigers among a host of clubs monitoring Stengle for what could also present as an option for a lifeline in the player movement window at season's end.

Tyson-Stengle-kicks-the-ball-during-the-round-17-match-between-Adelaide-and-Carlton-in-2020.JPG

Tyson Stengle kicks the ball during the round 17 match between Adelaide and Carlton in 2020. Picture: Getty Images
The 23-year-old has had a strong start to the SANFL season for Woodville-West Torrens, booting four goals against the Crows in his first game and has averaged 16 disposals from his three full matches.

Several AFL clubs are expected to do their due diligence on a player the Crows extended until 2022 in August last year before he was caught with drugs alongside Brad Crouch in September and later pictured with an illicit substance in December.

While Stengle is free to find a new AFL home next month, some clubs are keen to see how he performs over the length of a full season.

Should he be recruited to move to Melbourne, Stengle would likely link up with former Crows teammate and Carlton veteran Eddie Betts who remains a close mentor. Betts and Stengle also shared time together late last year.

Despite wanting to keep Stengle, the Tigers traded the crumbing forward to Adelaide at the end of 2018 after two games in yellow and black in 2017. Stengle played two games for the Crows in 2019 and featured in the season-opener in 2020 before he was banned for four matches for drink-driving in April, only to win his spot straight back and play a further 11 games for the season. – Mitch Cleary

No, just no.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
if we took Stengle, it would be an acknowledgement that we have buggered up our list management of small forwards (history suggests we should have at least kept Butler). It would also suggest that we are not considering the option of a 3rd medium/tall forward, which seems to be in vogue this season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Haven't we just won 3 flags?
Why are we still interested in this dik?
Are we that desperate

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Give an untried kid a go, who really wants to play.
*smile* sake. Is Greg Beck back?
Ffs

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Agree. You would hope there was a young key position player that had missed out on being drafted
Yep. Forget Stengle. Why? After letting him go because I presume he wanted the Crows? With all his issues? We've already got Sid to sort out. We also just completely wasted a recent 1st rounder on Higgins, ignoring Oscar Allen. Plus with MRJ waiting in the wings.

Surely we need to be looking for KPPs, as you say Edds, with no BL back-up except Garth who has been injured every time we could have tried him, and our 2KPFs embarrassed by the Moggies.

I was panned for posting that our FL is our weakness and we really needed to be looking for a medium-tall marking forward in last draft, but vindicated by '21 performances. Look at how the teams that defeat us are using 2 KPDs plus another mobile tall like Henry or Tomlinson that does a stopping role allowing one free for intercept marking. Castagna is almost invisible lately and cannot out-mark much taller, stronger aerial players. Now we have lost Bolton too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users