Succession Plans - I don’t get it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Succession Plans - I don’t get it

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I think we should get Leppa back and get him to take over from Beavis.
No brainer for me as Leppa knows our systems and more importantly he gets on well with the coach.
And we know the players love him.
I think footy depts will increase after they over corrected in 2020.
So could get him to assume his old role with the succession plan.
Beavis could hand over the reins within a couple of years to Leppa.
Win/Win.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Clarko to become an assisstant to hardwick,
I think we should get Leppa back and get him to take over from Beavis.
No brainer for me as Leppa knows our systems and more importantly he gets on well with the coach.
And we know the players love him.
I think footy depts will increase after they over corrected in 2020.
So could get him to assume his old role with the succession plan.
Beavis could hand over the reins within a couple of years to Leppa.
Win/Win.
Get clarko instead a leppa, and we will have a win, dimma and clarko good mates

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can't understand why people bag succession plans.
It worked out beautifully at Collingwood.
A team playing at its optimum level has a coach replaced to fit in an untried, disliked prick.
I can't see anything wrong with being a Richmond supporter.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Not writing Dimma off but our next coach should be Craig Mc Crae. Reckon he has what it takes

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They dont work.

hawks set themselves back 5 years.

When youde have pissing duels as a kid, you both ended up pissed on.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Lol, succession plans are horrible, cowardly schemes.

What kind of treatment is this to one of the club’s favourite sons? Either have the guts to knife him to his face or keep him on.

Yet more evidence that Kennett has a tin ear for football matters.

And no evidence that succession plans have the remotest chance of having a positive effect on any participants.

Woeful. But not Richmond, so more than welcome.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Lol, succession plans are horrible, cowardly schemes.

What kind of treatment is this to one of the club’s favourite sons? Either have the guts to knife him to his face or keep him on.

Yet more evidence that Kennett has a tin ear for football matters.

And no evidence that succession plans have the remotest chance of having a positive effect on any participants.

Woeful. But not Richmond, so more than welcome.

This is doomed to failure I reckon.

Clarkson had every right to leave a few years back but wanted to bring up the next crop and do the right thing.

Mitchell strikes me as an arrogant and smug campaigner after that press conference.

Poorly handled by the HFC.

They might regret this, Clarko was like a father figure to many of those younger lads and much loved by the older guys who might not be able to cop Mitchell running the joint.

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Clarko to become an assisstant to hardwick,

Get clarko instead a leppa, and we will have a win, dimma and clarko good mates
Don’t forget Buckley. Another coach who knows our game plan backwards.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think succession plans are fine, as long as it is the coach who instigates it. If it comes from any other place it is bound to fail.

yeah, that happens all the time

old bull: yeah listen young fella, I'm old and *smile*. slow of mind. I've lost my edge. not up to it. im gonna teach you all my tricks and retire and you can be young and successful. ive grow beyond the point of ego. I used to be a testosterone fuelled, competitive animal, but now im just an old zen guy. theres hair growing out my ears, my pecs are saggy, my stiffy aint that stiff. best of luck son. its your time to shine.

young bull: yeah sweet, thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
yeah, that happens all the time

old bull: yeah listen young fella, I'm old and *smile*. slow of mind. I've lost my edge. not up to it. im gonna teach you all my tricks and retire and you can be young and successful. ive grow beyond the point of ego. I used to be a testosterone fuelled, competitive animal, but now im just an old zen guy. theres hair growing out my ears, my pecs are saggy, my stiffy aint that stiff. best of luck son. its your time to shine.

young bull: yeah sweet, thanks

Lol

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Any good leader knows their time is limited and should be thinking of a succession plan if they care about the organisation.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Parkin/Brittain, Roos/ Longmire, Roos/Goodwin, Worsfold/Rutten, Sheedy/Cameron.

I reckon in all those cases the former decided they were finished and wanted to bring on the new coach and did so in a pretty smooth process.

Not common but has to be driven by the coach if it is to work unlike Buckley/Malthouse which was pushed by the club, as has been Clarkson/Mitchell and the Matthews/Voss that didn't even get going.

Scrub Worsfold/Rutten off your list. Disaster.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Any good leader knows their time is limited and should be thinking of a succession plan if they care about the organisation.

Lol.

As usual you demonstrate a poor feel for the game of Australian rules football.

Classic Antman.